40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Kat, I did the same but with clomid this month. I figured I'd taken it do many times before with a response, but nothing extreme that I'd be ok without scanning, also my dose was lower. Figured I had nothing to lose! When I ov'd last weekend I was really aware of it, so not sure whether I've produced more than one egg or whether I'm just continuing down the old age and rotten eggs route where my body is finding it harder and harder to release the eggs. Anyway I feel like our timings this month were spot on and I'm now 7dpo so half way through the 2WW. Good luck with your cycle this month!
Hope everyone else is doing well, it was lovely to hear of a BFP! x

Pussycat, glad to hear you did it, too! I think we know our bodies well enough at this point. Granted, there's no way for me to know if I have a cyst, but I do believe they are being over cautious about them. You're almost done your TWW!! I hope you start getting positive signs in a couple of days!

Since I am monitoring my own ovulation this cycle, I did a Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation test this morning. I still had two sticks left from this past summer. I got the "open circle" so I'm not brewing quite yet! I wondered because though today is only Day 9, I was feeling a little crampy. I guess the Gonal F is just kicking my follicles into gear :)

Day two of Blinking Smiley! I wonder if I'll get a 3rd day of blinking smiley tomorrow? Last time I used these tests, I got three days of blinking before it went to solid. Still trying to decide if we should do the syringe tonight or tomorrow. My DH basically gets one good sample every 3-4 days. Ideally I'd like to use it two days before O, but I'm not sure if I'll O Wed or Thurs. I could split the difference and do it tomorrow morning. Ahh, I don't know!!

What did you do Kat? They do say those swimmers can survive up to 7 days and better theyre there to meet the egg than not! I did a lot more reading around it this month (last desperate attempt!) and changed tact, deciding every 2nd day starting a week before I thought I was going to Ov then day of. Let's see if it makes a difference, I doubt it as I have absolutely no symptoms. Day 26 now and nothing, my cycle is usually around 30 days but can be up to 36 especially with all these meds, usually I get a little crampy and 'heavy' feeling up to a week before but do far nothing. Anyway I'm not obsessing nor do I really expect this month to be different.
I was out with a friend in Sunday 42 and 'surprise' pregnant, she looked great so it gave me hope. x

I am nervous to try the Bravelle on my own. I have a lot of it left and I hate for it to got to waste since I paid so much for it! I have only done the Bravelle shots twice and well as you know this last time I only did 4 days and it was cancelled.

Kat - do you have a trigger shot that you do also or just the injections?

AF is suppose to come next week. I am so worried it will not come, as the FS has me thinking I am starting menopause! If it does come, then the FS said he would try stronger IVF drugs to get me to ovulate.

I am so nervous and stressed...this is all I think about 24/7. I don't know how to make myself stop thinking about it so much! I guess actually getting pregnant would help! :wacko:

isn't it crazy how we can put so much time and energy into wondering/worrying about what day is best to do what, how to time one thing or another, etc? I can literally drive myself nuts constantly thinking about my cycle. So I totally hear you Iowa, I hear you.
I swear I wake up every day and my first thought is: what cycle day am I? how many dpo am I? what is that pelvis flutter I feel? when's the last time we BD and is it time to do it again? what does this damn 3rd day of blinking smiley mean anyway?
I'm here with all of you gals, we can get through this craziness together...

Sorry I've been quiet today. I'm working feverishly on a sewing project.

We did the at home insem last night. I got another (3rd) day of blinking smiley, so that means I will hopefully get my solid smiley tomorrow indicating ovulation is imminent. So we'll do the at home insem again tomorrow night.

Pussycat1, exciting that your friend is surprise pregnant. That's what we all want, too!

Iowagirl, it's so hard to think of anything else. If I weren't on a serious deadline for this sewing project, I'd be goggling all the usual things and obsessing. This dress project has saved me from some of that. I still do it a little here and there!

I am not doing a trigger shot this time. I'm hoping my ovulation predictor tells me, and we'll just try the at home insem a few times this week and that should cover it.

I had some EWCM yesterday shortly after my acupuncture appt, but I haven't had much since then. Sometimes it shows up a day or so after I ovulate. Weird. Probably all part of being older.

CD 13 and anther day of blinking smiley. Hrm :/ I'm wondering if I might not be ovulating this cycle. Well, we'll see what tomorrow brings. Wondering if we should wait an extra night to do the at home insem. Allowing him 2 days in between will improve his sample, but allow less times we can do an insem before the possible O.

I have decided to do the hysteroscopy to decrease the chance of m/c if I do get pregnant. Only problem is that the soonest I can have it done is end of January, unless they get a cancellation, in which case they will call me - I will start birth control pills at next cycle so that I am ready in case there is a cancellation. Then I will have to wait two cycles before starting IUI.

That sounds like a good plan, 40. I know this process seems to be a lot of waiting around for procedures and other things. Good luck!!

My DH and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years now. We just tried our first cycle of IVF, today is 14dp5dt and PT showed negative. RE has asked us to test again tomorrow but is there any point? There wasnt even a faint second line. We transferred 2 high quality blastocysts so I dont know what could possibly be wrong. Any ideas anyone? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Star42, I'm so sorry to hear that you got a negative today! That is heartbreaking :( I've been told that IVF over 40 has a lower rate of success than for the younger IVF candidates. Other than that, I don't know much because I can't afford to do it. Keep a little hope, though...if you doc isn't calling it a no-go for this cycle, then there's still a chance!!

star, I am very sorry about BFN. I had my first IVF in Sep which ended in chemical and about to start our second IVF. Can you ask for a follow up appointment so they could talk you through what they think happened and what they can change next time to improve your chances?

good luck 40isnotold, you've made a solid decision and it will be January before you know it!

welcome star. I don't know much about IVF, but I have heard that it often takes more than once to get a BFP. I agree with Kat, if your doc is telling you to wait and test again, there is hope there and chance this cycle, or next cycle.

Well i've POAS on monday and then yesterday both negative...highly doubt my beta will be anything tomorrow. Should be interesting to see what we will do next cycle. I am sooooooo tired. The best news if it's negative will be to be off the darn progesterone this crap is killing me!!!

CD 14 and another day of blinking smiley. I don't think I'm ovulating this cycle.

Hey ladies,
Star, welcome. Ive been where you are and know how you feel, unfortunately the stats aren't great for over 40 IVF but that doesn't mean it won't work. You should get a follow up with a consultant. With my failed attempts, first time they said it just doesn't always work. Second time that it's probably my duff eggs as they didn't 'pop out' that easily at EC which can be a sign of poor quality. You really have to see your dr though to get a proper review, but don't give up hope.
Kat, I only ever use the cheap OPKs so not sure about blinky's and solid smiles, but guess you have to keep testing.
Bash, sorry it's negative. :(
40, a plan is always good, it's just another step towards your goal.
Hope everyone else is doing well?
AFM, well just as I was saying I had none of the usual symptoms Pre AF, they hit with a vengeance. Two days of cramping, feeling shattered and slightly nauseous, then bam here she is, so once again back to square one. Seems the older I get the worse my PMS gets, is that normal? Is it a sign of an inevitable march towards the dreaded 'M'? Another month another attempt, here we go again ...

just a quick update...stil bfn on home test so i'm pretty sure my beta isn't going to be anything and i am ok w/that so please nobody feel bad for me. I have a new consult tuesday and will go from there. everyone have a great weekend!

Hello everyone - hope that you are all okay.....Such a struggle this whole conceiving journey. I had my first period after my failed IVF and which was all a bit sad really - reminder that I wasn't pregnant and it was such a heavy bleed. Anyway - have taken some clomid this month (it was left over from before I started IVF) and am praying that it helps. I am on peak fertility at the moment so dragging hubby into the bedroom as much as possible.

Star 42 - totally know how you feel - so heartbreaking. You should be having a review to discuss your protocol and if they would do anything different should you go again. Make a list of questions and ask your consultant as much as you can.

Pussycat - totally understand the heart break and then having to start again from square one.....So hard.....

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->