40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Good luck this cycle, Emmi!!

CD 15 and another blinking smiley. I'm so regular that I truly think this means I'm not ovulating this cycle. Well, there's always next month.

Thank you Kat! I had nothing but blinking smileys last month but I finally have a solid now....All so strange what our body gets up to.....

x

As I suspected, beta was negative. I knew it though, I poas before I went for the blood draw this morning. So we're changing my protocol a bit. No clomid (after I got it for free from them this morning LOL). I was on Follistim last month at 75 units and we're upping to 225 units. Doc seemed pretty certain AF was gonna arrive since she took me off progesterone which is fine with me. I told her I wanted to try IUI again to see if we can't get more follies on my good (left) side and she was fine with that. If I don't produce more this time, IVF might be my only chance. Best to all of you!!!

AF showed up today, and I'm totally totally bummed out. A bit early, I wasn't expecting AF until Sunday or Monday.
I called my doc and set up an appointment to discuss options, or maybe just to try to get my hopes up a bit.
I'm taking a break this cycle. Not taking any fertility meds. I will be out of town in two weeks when I will probably have my next LH surge, so IUI #3 is out of the question.
I'll take this month off and try to re-focus.

Sometimes it seems there's never any end to this.
How long is too long to keep on trying?

Has anyone considered adoption?

AF showed up today, and I'm totally totally bummed out. A bit early, I wasn't expecting AF until Sunday or Monday.
I called my doc and set up an appointment to discuss options, or maybe just to try to get my hopes up a bit.
I'm taking a break this cycle. Not taking any fertility meds. I will be out of town in two weeks when I will probably have my next LH surge, so IUI #3 is out of the question.
I'll take this month off and try to re-focus.

Sometimes it seems there's never any end to this.
How long is too long to keep on trying?

Has anyone considered adoption?

Hi there - really feel for you - the battle is ongoing.....So hard sometimes. I have looked at adoption here in the UK and you can't apply until 6 months have passed from fertility treatment and as we may look at IVF again in Jan or Feb.....we just have to wait.
Also - at our age, we wouldn't get young children and there are so many other things to consider when adopting.... ho hum.....Nothing is ever easy....

Bash, I'm so sorry your beta was negative. It's rare for the first IUI to be "the one" so just keep going, Hon!

Kay, I'm so sorry your next IUI is postponed. I got pregnant on my 3rd IUI, but since then I've had 5 more and nothing. I'm trying at home for a while. I hope you have much better luck!!

AFM, OMG. OOOOMMMMMGGGGG!!! I finally got a positive OPK on the Clearblue on CD 17! I had some EWCM last night and I thought "Huh?" and sure enough, positive this morning on Clearblue, and this afternoon on an IC opk. I'd given up, so we didn't do the syringe last night. We last did it Thursday I think. I'll get him to do it asap.

We did the syringe thing around 2:30pm. I wonder when I'll actually ovulate? I have no idea when "1 dpo" is to be. Today was the first + opk, but maybe it would have been positive last night had I tested?

Bash, so sorry it didn't work out this time round.
Kay, she never turns up at the right time does she. Old witch!
Kat, fingers crossed!
Emmi, good luck this time round. We've talked about adoption (friends of ours are going through the process at the moment), but carrying a baby and actually being pregnant is so important to me. If we try DE and it fails I may of course change my mind, but it seems like an even harder struggle than the one we're going through now.
Today I turned 43, not great news eh? Still feel like I'm 33, but sadly mother nature knows better and has been keeping tabs. Nevertheless I've just been out and bought some conception support vitamins, some soft cups and some pre-seed (we have to do it syringe style), so throwing everything we can at this this month!
Sorry if I missed anyone else, hope you're all doing well. x

Happy Birthday Pussycat!! I am 43 in January and I know exactly how you feel. I have no issue with age as such as I still feel young but age and fertility is never a great thing.....
I think at the moment, we are still on a journey and taking one step at a time and regardless of donor eggs and adoption etc, we are not ready to look at anything unless we are ready to having completed everything in stages.
Me and hubby are on sorts of supplements and I have invested in CBFM - costs a fortune with all the sticks but just gotta throw everything at it.....

But Happy Birthday - hope that you have had a lovely day celebrating.

x

ugh! yet another pregnancy announcement from someone at work. seriously, I would much rather it be one of you ladies because that would give me hope and I could honestly and genuinely be happy. I cannot muster up the energy to even put on a courteous smile for yet another 20 year old getting pregnant when I have waited so long with 2 failed attempts. I am thinking the nastiest thoughts right now and they include throat-punching someone! ((not really, but you know what i mean...))
geez! why can't it be one of us!!

Happy Birthday Pussycat!! I am 43 in January and I know exactly how you feel. I have no issue with age as such as I still feel young but age and fertility is never a great thing.....
I think at the moment, we are still on a journey and taking one step at a time and regardless of donor eggs and adoption etc, we are not ready to look at anything unless we are ready to having completed everything in stages.

x

Yes I know exactly what you mean Emmi and that's exactly the way I see it. We tried at home by ourselves, then IUI, then ICSI and none have worked, we've been told less than 5% chance of success with my eggs. So I kind of feel like we've exhausted those routes and the next option on the list is DE, however it's only after having tried all those other things that I feel able to take this step. x

Happy birthday pussycat!

Kat - yay for solid smileys!

I went to my first acupuncture appointment today. She didn't do any treatment, it was a 90 minute consultation. We talked about everything under the sun. I really, really like her, and she put so much hope back into me. It couldn't have come at a better time. I was pretty down in the dumps this weekend and cried a lot yesterday for pretty much no reason. But now I feel so much better and really feel like acupuncture can help me.

I've got geranium oil rubbed on my feet right now. Anyone else use oils?

Jen I know what you mean about all the youngin's and all their damn pregnancy announcements. Although I'm of course happy for them, they will never know how painful it is for some of us.

Met w/the new FS today and LOVVVVEDDDD her to death!!!!!! The staff was wonderful too. So if no bfp this cycle with current doc they will pick up and start me next cycle. CD3 tomorrow 225 units of Follistim, c'mon LEFT ovary WAKE UP!!!
Will try IUI for 5 more cycles then somehow come up w/$12K for IVF if needed.

Hello Ladies!

Just checking in and catching up with everyone.

AFM I started AF this morning on CD29. I feel like I am finally..possibly...maybe back to normal! I am hesitating calling the FS for my CD3 ultrasound. The Dr just left a bad impression on me, and well honestly I just dont feel like going through the disappointment again.

But of course I am going to make the appointment, I just need to shake off these negative feelings and start being positive!!

Hope all is well with everyone else! :hugs:

Iowa can you switch? I'm having a bad experience w/the current FS and am set up to switch if this cycle w/the quack doesn't work.

AFM... I had my scan this morning after 2 days of Follistim 225units each day and only have 2 follies on each side. She said I could get more and I go back on Monday. However, now she tells me i have a fibroid not in my cavity but near it and it's 1cm and she's watching it. This is the first i'm hearing about it AND she acts like she told me from the test i had where she washed my uterus. Yet another quack!!!

Bash - I would have to drive 3 hours to go to another FS. When you have to go for U/S on day 3, 6 and 9 it is just to far away and I don't have enough sick/vac time at work to do that.

I went in for an U/S this morning, only to find another cyst. So now on 3 weeks of BC and have to wait another month. :growlmad: This really sucks..

Iowa hang in there, this too shall pass! I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Sux to hear that and I sure don't take my own advice very well.

AFM-I def feel more cramps or twinges this cycle and i'm hoping it's from the higher dose of the follistim and that follies are groowwwwwinnnng LOL. Everyone enjoy the weekend, we had some snow in NY today and it's going to get colder over night (I can't stand winter!!!)

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well.
Kay, be interested to hear how you get on with acupuncture. I have considered it but Feel like ive been popping pills / adjusting my diet etc etc for so long now that ultimately none of these things are going to get over the fact that I just have rotten eggs and I screwed up by leaving the baby thing too late :( Sorry that sounds very negative but over the past few months i suddenly feel old, maybe too old.
Iowa, that's tough, hang on there though, we're all pretty good at this waiting game. The drs frustrate me so much, sometimes I just feel like shaking them and reminding them that time is precious and we're not textbook cases but real people and they have the power to help us change our lives. I think sometimes they forget that. I've felt the same about my clinic but stay with as they're so close and it's one less stress to worry about when I need multiple scans etc.
Bash good luck with this cycle! Hopefully you won't need 5 rounds of IUI. We tried 2 then skipped straight to IVF, however we are completely self funded so if we'd kept going with IUI it would have eaten into our IVF funds. Temps have dropped here in the UK too, no snow (I live by the sea on the south coast so doesn't happen often anyway) but biting cold wind. Just about to wrap up warm and spend a couple of hours at my allotment 🍂🍃x

Hello ladies, hope you are all well
I have been absolutely flat out with study the last few weeks that I haven't had time to drop in. Lots of posts to catch up on.
AFM. Gave up tracking this month as well but we did get it on a few times during, what I guess was, O.
Weird things going on with my cycle as well. After mc (back in late Jan) I have had some absolutely shocking PMS and wildly fluctuating hormones. So bad that I have felt pregnant on a number of occasions. 3 months ago when I went back onto Vitex and it seemed to improve - somewhat, still got painfully sore bbs and nausea after O.
Anyhoo - upped the dosage of Vitex (my regular brand was not available) and now I have nothing, not a peep!
Also had my 43rd b'day last week Pussycat, and strangely feeling good about it all. Thinking I am going to stick with this brand for a while and enjoy the mellowness of it all
Thanks for letting me blab on about me for a minute :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->