40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

So far so good. I haven't noticed anything different but it's only day 3/5 on Clomid. I'm sure the trigger shots will affect me. Praying this is the boost I needed.

hi all,
I've been having ultrasounds weekly since I found out I was pregnant so they can monitor me closely. All was fine until last week when things started looking really risky. Today I found out my baby's heart stopped beating, which was pretty much expected after long discussions and testing last week.

So now I'm waiting to miscarry naturally, if I don't by Friday my doctor will give me some medication so it will happen on the weekend.

It's time to start over for me.

40isnotold, I'm so sad for you too honey.
:(

Kaysbc I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers and hugs go out to you :hugs:

Yes Terri, I am hoping this is the boost you need as well - keep us updated on your progress.

Ladies, thank you for being here for support and kind words! Being here, whether it is just lurking and reading or participating, has helped me a lot. The few friends I have that know what I am doing really don't know what to do for me or what to say to me. You ladies are wonderful!

I had the shots to get rid of the pregnancy on Sunday. Some cramping and a lot of sadness so I took a couple days off work. It's been one week since I found out the pregnancy would not work and while I am still a little sad, I am ok. I can look at a baby without bursting out in tears - I can actually smile at him/her.

I wasn't sure if I would want to try again after waiting the two months my doctor told me I would have to wait but I think I probably will try in three months, just to give me a little extra time emotionally. Until then, I will be extremely busy with work, so that gives me the perfect timing to take care of myself emotionally and physically until then.

I'll still pop in here because I want to see how everyone is doing. I love y'all and want every single one of us to get a BFP soon! Good luck ladies!

Glad you are feeling a little better now. The time off will probably be very cathartic and taking a break may be beneficial to your body too. Can't wait to hear when you're jumping back in the game! Take care and see you soon. :hugs:

Ladies, thank you for being here for support and kind words! Being here, whether it is just lurking and reading or participating, has helped me a lot. The few friends I have that know what I am doing really don't know what to do for me or what to say to me. You ladies are wonderful!

I had the shots to get rid of the pregnancy on Sunday. Some cramping and a lot of sadness so I took a couple days off work. It's been one week since I found out the pregnancy would not work and while I am still a little sad, I am ok. I can look at a baby without bursting out in tears - I can actually smile at him/her.

I wasn't sure if I would want to try again after waiting the two months my doctor told me I would have to wait but I think I probably will try in three months, just to give me a little extra time emotionally. Until then, I will be extremely busy with work, so that gives me the perfect timing to take care of myself emotionally and physically until then.

I'll still pop in here because I want to see how everyone is doing. I love y'all and want every single one of us to get a BFP soon! Good luck ladies!

Hugs to you. I can only imagine what you are going through:cry::hugs: But glad that you are feeling a wee bit better. Look after yourself amd let us now how you are doing.

xxx

40, sounds like you are taking good care of yourself at this tough time. Big hugs for you xx

hi all,
I've been having ultrasounds weekly since I found out I was pregnant so they can monitor me closely. All was fine until last week when things started looking really risky. Today I found out my baby's heart stopped beating, which was pretty much expected after long discussions and testing last week.

So now I'm waiting to miscarry naturally, if I don't by Friday my doctor will give me some medication so it will happen on the weekend.

It's time to start over for me.

40isnotold, I'm so sad for you too honey.
:(
Kay, let us know how things are going when you can. We are here for you if you need to talk xx

Hi everyone ... I've been MIA for some weeks, sorry but I had to go into my own little coping bubble for awhile around IVF. I just created an update video-log if you'd like to see it. Can't wait to go back over some of the posts I've missed. Hope you all are doing well. Much love, moi.
Here is the link to my new vlog entry:
https://youtu.be/q9BRZfT1Ss8

FindingKismet I thought your video was really wonderful and very insightful. I am an adoptive mum (2 kids adopted at 4yo and almost-6yo) who also recently gave birth to my first as a 42yo. So a lot of your points really struck home with me. Good luck with your journey, whichever way it takes you :hugs:

I'm so so sorry for the bad news we've had on this thread. I feel each of your pain so intently. I know it so intimately. *hugs*

16621_10152141219923107_6484300131908266671_n.jpg

Hello Ladies - just a wee update from me. We have got the money to try IVF again.....I feel excited as I needed to get out the funk I was in but after the failed IVF last year, I feel petrified......So many mixed emotions......But we have to give it another go.

It's going to be low key - will only tell a few people as the heartbreak last time was just too much. So - we will see what the future holds. I am waiting for AF - then I have my pretreatment scan and then start the drugs on day 21 - so it's a long haul ahead!

Hope that you are all doing okay - what a hard journey this is huh???

xxx

Emmi, excellent news!! so excited for you. I am also waiting to try again but I need to get my FSH down before we can proceed so it may take a while.

Emmi-Don't be scared! It's a new chance and hopefully this time it will work. So you wait for AF and then get to try naturally one more time before you start on the meds and such? fxfx

Sending positive thoughts your way for sure!

Thank you Briss - hope that it wont be long before you can try again. Hope that you are doing okay.

Terri - thank you Honey! We don't get a chance really to try naturally again as I start the down reg drugs on day 21. We will just have a break from it as it's been absolutely exhausting all the tangoing that we have had to do!!

But yes - its a new chance and I just have to grab it and see what the universe has planned for us.

xxx

Emmi, that such good news.
Briss, hoping you get some good news re FSH too

Good lord if I didn't have you women on this forum I'd feel so frustrated and alone on this journey!
Much love all around. I am thankful to be able to better advocate for myself as a result of taking this uphill journey with you!

Will start Femera tomorrow cd5.

Emmi, excellent news!! so excited for you. I am also waiting to try again but I need to get my FSH down before we can proceed so it may take a while.

Briss what do you do to lower FSH?

kaysbc, fertility clinics prefer ladies with low FSH for IVF. if your FSH is high it means you may not respond well to stims and cycle wont be successful. clinics do not want to take ladies with high FSh as the risk is high and they do not like spoiling their ratings. high FSH generally indicates lower egg reserve but sometimes FSh is high for other reasons and in this situation it might be possible to lower it with TCM or lifestyle changes. My acu doc thinks my FSH is high because of the lap I had in 2012. somehow after this lap I started ovulating earlier and my cycle got shorter. he thinks my body somehow was affected and now my brain produces lots of FSh but my ovaries are actually do not need that much and they function properly but because they get more FSH then they need they over work and ovulate early. If he is right than it might be possible to correct this issue. I am doing acu/herbs which are directed at lowering FSH but do not know if it is going to work.

FYI My acu doc published this article on lowering FSH with Chinese medicine - https://www.londonacupuncture.co.uk/images/photos/high fsh.pdf

Briss - here's hoping the acu and herbs re-set your FSh. I think that a lot can be done to regulate cycle lengths and help you ovulate later. What kind of time-frame are you setting for this treatment? 3 months or less?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->