40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Got the letter from the IUI facility - go to meet with them June 25th. Would LOVE to have to cancel that appointment long before then. :D

Does anyone know if you can do the hcg shot without doing clomid? I can see how they don't want to keep using clomid before attempting iui/ivf since you can only use it 6 months but I'm pretty sure I won't ovulate without it.

thanks so much everyone for your words of congrats!
I will continue to stalk all of you to see how you're doing and see who's next...

For those trying/considering acupuncture. I think it made a huge difference for me and would recommend it. In the end, who knows what really makes it happen, but I believe the acupuncture is what did it for me.

How are things Kaysbc? Hope you are going well, come and give us a quick report on what's going on xx

Got the letter from the IUI facility - go to meet with them June 25th. Would LOVE to have to cancel that appointment long before then. :D

Does anyone know if you can do the hcg shot without doing clomid? I can see how they don't want to keep using clomid before attempting iui/ivf since you can only use it 6 months but I'm pretty sure I won't ovulate without it.

Future, I know nothing about hcg shots but just wanted to say good luck with the IUI. I have a really good feeling about this thread getting more BFPs - let's hope you are next!

I will continue to stalk all of you to see how you're doing and see who's next...

For those trying/considering acupuncture. I think it made a huge difference for me and would recommend it. In the end, who knows what really makes it happen, but I believe the acupuncture is what did it for me.

How are things Kaysbc? Hope you are going well, come and give us a quick report on what's going on xx

hi everyone. I'm actually not doing very well at all. I will pop in next week to give you an update.

uh oh...I'm sorry to hear that kaysbc. Please update us when you can. :hugs:

AFM-Unfortunately/fortunately, I'm ready to start my medicated cycle in the next few days. :coffee:

Had my trigger shot on Tues d13, definite right side pains on Weds d14 but temp didn't go up till this morning...

So did I ovulate Wednesday or Thursday? As long as temp stays up instead of crashing like last month I suppose it won't matter much!

Hope to hear how everyone is doing.

Good luck terri, hope you don't get too many side-effects

Very sad today. I am 40. I don't post a lot on here, but I read about everyone.

Had my second IUI April 9 with donor sperm (doing this on my own since I am not married), and, surprisingly had a BFP April 25. However, my HCG levels came no where close to going up to the levels they needed to be after doing blood work four times and one u/s that didn't show anything so my doctor told me Friday that my pregnancy was very unhealthy and had no chance of surviving. He had me do blood work one more time and an u/s this morning. HCG was only at 732 and he still couldn't find anything on the u/s. So I had two shots of methotrexate to get rid of it.

It is amazing (not in a good way) to realize the amount of emotion I could go through in nine days - from extreme happiness to extreme sadness. I guess the good thing about this is that I know I can get pregnant, but the bad thing is that I have a 50% chance of this happening again if I get pregnant again. While I haven't told a lot of people, the few people I told are so quick to say "try again" and all I can think of is "can I handle this again if this happens again?". If I decide to try again, I have to wait two months, so it will give me plenty of time to reflect on everything.

I'm going to keep poking my head in here to see how everyone is doing. I wish everyone luck! I hope we see some BFPs on here that result in healthy babies!

Happy birthday!!
So sorry your pregnancy didn't work out. Definitely take the time to reflect and if you choose to try it again, it's ok and if you choose not to, it's ok too. It really is such an expense and such heartache to have to go through this by yourself. Sorry you didn't want to share your BFP with us either. We would've been there to support you good and bad, and now we only see the bad. :( wish you the best with whatever you decide.

AFM- I had 14 follies today. Bloodwork satisfactory. Clomid starts tonight. Eek.

40, sorry to hear about your pregnancy not going well. You are right, emotions can go so quickly from one extreme to the other. Take your time and be really kind to yourself - like you would a good friend going through the same thing. Then after a couple of months work out where you are going and what to do. I know time is not on our sides, but it's important you take it now. Massive hugs to you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

hi everyone. I'm actually not doing very well at all. I will pop in next week to give you an update.

Sweetie, I am hoping for you! I hope you're ok. *hugs*

Had my second IUI April 9 with donor sperm (doing this on my own since I am not married), and, surprisingly had a BFP April 25. However, my HCG levels came no where close to going up to the levels they needed to be after doing blood work four times and one u/s that didn't show anything so my doctor told me Friday that my pregnancy was very unhealthy and had no chance of surviving. He had me do blood work one more time and an u/s this morning. HCG was only at 732 and he still couldn't find anything on the u/s. So I had two shots of methotrexate to get rid of it.

It is amazing (not in a good way) to realize the amount of emotion I could go through in nine days - from extreme happiness to extreme sadness. I guess the good thing about this is that I know I can get pregnant, but the bad thing is that I have a 50% chance of this happening again if I get pregnant again. While I haven't told a lot of people, the few people I told are so quick to say "try again" and all I can think of is "can I handle this again if this happens again?". If I decide to try again, I have to wait two months, so it will give me plenty of time to reflect on everything.

I'm going to keep poking my head in here to see how everyone is doing. I wish everyone luck! I hope we see some BFPs on here that result in healthy babies!

God reading this just broke my heart! I know how shredded you feel...I've been where you are. I hope you get your happy ending, Hon. For now, I hope you have lots of support to get through this trying time. *hugs*

hi all,
I've been having ultrasounds weekly since I found out I was pregnant so they can monitor me closely. All was fine until last week when things started looking really risky. Today I found out my baby's heart stopped beating, which was pretty much expected after long discussions and testing last week.

So now I'm waiting to miscarry naturally, if I don't by Friday my doctor will give me some medication so it will happen on the weekend.

It's time to start over for me.

40isnotold, I'm so sad for you too honey.
:(

Oh Kay, that's such sad news. I know nothing can really make you feel better at the moment but just know that we are here for you xx

kaysbc-My heart hurts for you. I am truly, so sorry. How devastating. I do not have the words to console you, just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Huge :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

So very sorry to hear this - I can imagine your absolute pain with it all. Thinking of you - life is so unfair sometimes. x

hi all,
I've been having ultrasounds weekly since I found out I was pregnant so they can monitor me closely. All was fine until last week when things started looking really risky. Today I found out my baby's heart stopped beating, which was pretty much expected after long discussions and testing last week.

So now I'm waiting to miscarry naturally, if I don't by Friday my doctor will give me some medication so it will happen on the weekend.

It's time to start over for me.

40isnotold, I'm so sad for you too honey.
:(

Ahhhh - I am so very sorry to hear that. Words fail me at times like this:hugs:. Big hugs to you. x

Happy birthday!!
So sorry your pregnancy didn't work out. Definitely take the time to reflect and if you choose to try it again, it's ok and if you choose not to, it's ok too. It really is such an expense and such heartache to have to go through this by yourself. Sorry you didn't want to share your BFP with us either. We would've been there to support you good and bad, and now we only see the bad. :( wish you the best with whatever you decide.

AFM- I had 14 follies today. Bloodwork satisfactory. Clomid starts tonight. Eek.

How are you doing Honey??? All very exciting and all such a roller coaster!!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->