40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Loads of luck, Terri!!! I'll be thinking if you today. Can't wait to hear how it goes! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hey ladies
Vonn, so sorry to hear you've found a lump, but it sounds like you're being very practical and level headed about it.
Weezy, having no symptoms is normal (as is having symptoms), so basically there is no normal!! Spotting and pinching a few days after transfer is a good sign, could be implantation?! I've always just done a home test, they're pretty accurate these days. I'd only get a progesterone test if your clinic think you need it.
Terri, how are the scans going? Are you set for tomorrow? Can't wait to hear how you get on!
xx

I'm ok. Had 15 eggs retrieved. Tomorrow they'll update with fertilization report.

Wow, that's great! You do respond to stims well. :thumbup:

Wow Terri, that's brilliant!! Fingers cross for you that they all fertilise beautifully xx

Terri, how are you doing?

How is everybody?

2 more days until I can test. It's been a tough 2 week. Have been getting a bit of blood when I wipe (sorry tmi) and a little bit of bloody discharge ( not enough to use a panty liner). Dh keep telling me it's nothing to worry about but it's hard not to be : ( keep feeling AF is coming without the symptoms but it's not shown up yet

Weezy-Oh! This is so exciting. fxfx. These two days can't come fast enough.

My report is that out of the 15 retrieved, I had 8 mature (that's about the percentage for :jo: like me). Out of those 8, only three fertilized. I was nervous about only having three, but what can I do? A whole lotta nothing. So...every day we waited and got the report and those three were still hanging on. Because I only had three, and I'm out of prescription medicine $, I decided to forego the genetic testing and just do the cheap, put 'em back in and pray for the best style of testing and that's what I'm doing.

The doctor just called and said we still have three. One really good, one high-medium and one medium. This is the end of the line for us, so everybody, please keep me in your thoughts.

Terri, you're doing a lot better than me at the mo. I only had 2 embies, although they were top grade, I had to do a 3 day transfer? So you've gone further down the line which is brilliant. Are you taking them to blastocyst?
When is your ET date?
Babydust to both of us : )

Oh..I guess I never finished my paragraph (I must have had a visitor come by). Transfer is today at 1pm. I think two are already blasts, and one is just a little behind. My place doesn't really do 3-day transfers anymore. For some reason they haven't had the results at 3 day like they have at 5 day. Who knows??

The reason I know this is because after retrieval I was freaking out about not taking meds, and the worst happening, and what if they wanted to do a 3-day for whatever reason and my body not being ready, etc.., and the nurse told me about their policy change. Anyway...thank goodness I started taking progesterone and estrace after retrieval because I'm no longer doing a frozen cycle and just doing a fresh...so, always lots to think about.

Weezy--Two days to test day!! I am excited for you and can't wait to see what happens! I'll be thinking of you. :happydance:

Terri--You are just going in as I write this! I hope all goes smoothly. Come on, Terri's embies, snuggle in good! I'll be thinking of you, too. :happydance:

Weezy, got everything crossed for you. 2WW is definitely the worst part of this, not long now.
Terri, hopefully all has gone well and you've had at least 2 beautiful blasts transferred. A lot of the research shows much better results with 5 day transfer as they can gauge the quality better (ie poor ones won't continue to develop). So hope this works for you. Xx

Weezy--Got everything crossed for you tomorrow! Hoping like he!! for a blood positive!

Terri--Glad the transfer went well. You're next, mama!

Pussycat--Did you get your cycle sorted out?

Hi to kaysbc, jean, bella, and jessicadp!! What is happening with you ladies?

AFM--I'm probably about a week away from AF. Then the scans, clomid, and IUI fun begins. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels right now, so I'm ready to get started!

Just last night talked with my MIL about this whole 2+ year process for the first time. DH hasn't really shared much about it with anybody. I've blabbed to my family and friends for a long time now. He shared a little with his mom recently who asked if it would be okay to talk with me about it. I was totally okay with that, so we had nice conversation. She had a couple clues that we were trying, but had no idea the extent of the time or the other issues.

Weezy-I'll be thinking about you tonight/tomorrow and cheering you on! Whatever happens, we're by your side 100%.

Vonn-I bet it was really nice to talk to your MIL. It has to be so hard for moms of boys because boys share so little of anything and keep so muh bottled in. I try not to talk to my MIL because she is :wacko: but she is ok with talking a little bit to her son. They only have each other and they made it this far so why ruin things. Hee hee. Long story to say, she has no idea what's going on. I'm ready for you to get started with IUI too. It won't be long!

Ok, I am hoping I am ready to start trying again! I have an MRI Monday morning & hopefully by noon, my cardiologist will sign me off so I can have IUI. My RE said I can start the clomid tomorrow night & if cardiologist doesn't sign me off, RE won't do IUI. I didn't tell my BFF any of this & she doesn't understand why I'm having an MRI & thinks my cardiologist is ripping me off & trying to get money for no reason. She doesn't understand the medical stuff & thinks that what i was told 33 years ago will never change, that I would never be able to give birth to a baby, so I'm not in the mood to argue with her. Once I am quite a distance into a pregnancy, then I will tell her. No one other than my doctors and my OH knows I am doing this. I do know when I tell people, I am going to tell them in person or facetime so I can see their reaction. NO ONE in my family believes I can give birth to a baby, that's what we were told for so long that no one BUT ME questioned it. Impossible is NOT in my vocabulary! I've done so many things in my life I was told was impossible. My new cardiologist says that 20-30 years ago, things were different because the surgeries they were doing were so new, no one knew what would happen long term, so they told all of the girls they would never have babies. Ok, now I've written a short story. Whoops.

Jean--Thanks for the update. I hope all goes well tomorrow with your MRI! Can you remind me of what heart condition you have that complicates TTC?

Hi ladies, hope you are all well.
I am just about to catch a train to the airport and get on a plane to Malaysia for a 2 week holiday! Sooooo excited. Just wanted to let you know that I am looking forward to returning to some BFPs on here xxx

Have a great trip Clizard!!

Yeah Jean, I'm curious about your condition as well. I have heard of PLENTY of people whose doctors told them they couldn't have a baby and now they have several, so don't believe the naysayers. Hopefully IUI this coming week. Woop woop!

I was born with a problem with my aorta, surgery to fix it 33 years ago, no problems since. MRI is to make 100% sure there is no problem. I have had problems trying to find an RE who will accept me as a patient! I've had doctors tell me flat out that I need to see a shrink because I am not accepting what I was told decades ago. I know others with my particular heart problem who have also had babies with no problems, so I was not buying it. This is why I have to drive 4 hours roundtrip for this particular RE. I couldn't find another willing to take me as a patient.

Hmmm. That's too bad that the other doctors didn't want you as a patient, but the good news is that you found someone who is interested and feeling positive (other tha us and you!). I hope you can prove everyone wrong. Keep us updated on the results and IUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->