40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Thanks for making me feel better, ladies! I so appreciate the support! I hope you're all doing well.

I heard wrong about my lining, it was 6 something the next day. I'm moving forward, though, so they thought it was good enough. Triggered last night and IUI tomorrow. Bring on the TWW! Actually, if I made it to 12 DPO that would be amazing. C'mon luteal phase, extend!

The topical Benedryl did the trick, red spot and itchiness gone. I am definitely feeling that trigger shot. Boobs tender, nipples sensitive, still gassy, bloated, have to pee every 10 minutes, constantly hungry all day long, now I'm tired (maybe from having to go up and down the stairs all day to the bathroom!). I hope tomorrow I actually feel motivated to do something else besides go the bathroom and eat. If the bloating doesn't go away, I'll have to wear my larger pants to work. My jeans were snug today.

Just checking in. My hcg more than doubled, and it was 1170 today. I get to skip the third blood draw and go right to my first OB appointment. I made it for next Thursday because that will be 6 weeks and if all is going well, we MAY be able to see /hear a heartbeat. I am still feeling like I'm living in a dream, but it's feeling more and more real as I tell my closest friends/sisters.

kay-Sorry for the wonky cycles, and yes, we totally get it. :hugs:

Vonn-fxfx..yay for the TWW. You're that much closer to a BFP.

Jean-Glad your itching/rash went away. And congrats on seeing your first positive. Are you using ICs or dollar store tests? Just curious. Hope that line goes away and comes back fast!

Thanks for all the support everyone. :flower:

Oh Terri, your numbers look so good! I can't wait to hear how many you have in there.

I was looking at my calendar and then looking at a day by day baby calendar and I have off May 1 and May 12 and if this does work, if I can go for a scan on May 12, that would be my 6 weeks so I might be able to see a heart beat. I know it's not guaranteed, but it's possible at that point.

I am using Dollar Tree tests, they are 25 (whatever unit they measure it with). Today's was very light, so I might have to switch to FRERs if tomorrow's cheepie doesn't have anything on it. I am definitely feeling something around the lower back area and lower tummy area on the left this morning. Next week should go much faster for me since I have to work and already have a lot on my schedule there. I might go in today and catch up on a pile of patient lab work that I don't think the doc did (I popped over Wed, he's sick, he did a handful of them but there were still 40 on my desk). It'll just sit there and by Monday, we'll start getting calls from doctors offices and I have to help run a machine in another room Monday and run the machine by myself on Wed. Then it just gets stressful with everything else that is scheduled, even though I told the secretaries to not bunch all the stuff up one right after the other.

Vonn-According to your chart, I think the timing is pretty good. How did it go this morning? I can't wait to stalk your chart.

Jean-Yeah for May 12. I love the month of May. It finally warms up and it's my birthday month, and my husband's birthday month. Good things happen in May so I'm really hopeful for you. fxfx

I am definitely not feeling the same effects of the HCG shot the last 24 hours, so it's coming out of my body. I used another dollar tree test (box says detects 25, a site online says 20) and it's still a faint positive. I decided to use one of the 3 FRERs that expire April 2015 and have to tilt it to see a squinter. I thought those were more sensitive tests, but who knows. I used the same urine collected in a cup.

So, I'm just imagining little balls of cells moving through the fallopian tubes and almost to the uterus, cells dividing along the way.

Last night after I mowed the lawn, I felt something on the left side. About an hour ago, I felt something on the right side. Now I'm again feeling the same thing on the left side. I know my little fibroid is on the lower right side, what I'm feeling on the right is above that (I can feel the fibroid at times, it aches, it also correlates to where I've seen it in all the scans I've had, it's only the size of a quarter and is barely sticking out into the uterine cavity). I used another Dollar Tree cheepie and still have a slight line, so HCG is still around. We'll see if it's still there tomorrow morning.

Terri! Wonderful news!! Sooooo excited for you. What kind of symptoms are you getting - if any (either way, your numbers look brilliant)? Good luck to Vonn and Jean as well xxx

Hey Clizard! Thanks. I haven't had any symptoms except I'm starting to get a little tired and I feel like I can't eat enough. My insides must be working and I'm not eating enough to keep up, so I took a lot of snacks in to work today. It's worked for the most part. I just can't wait until Thursday afternoon. Trying to keep busy until then.

Kaysbc--I hope this cycle is more normal for you. Have you started acupuncture for fertility yet? And I totally get the planning ahead without trying thing, I find myself doing that, too. I think it's normal, or at least that's what I tell myself so I don't feel like a crazy lady!

Pussycat--How are you feeling? Better, I hope! Do you get your scratch this Friday?

Terri--Can't wait to hear about the next dr. appt! You get a scan this week, right? You must be dying with anticipation about how many yolk sacs they will find! Or, do you feel pretty confident about a certain number?

Jean--Is the hcg out of your system now?

Clizard--I hope you had a good trip!

Weezy--How are you doing???

AFM--Had the IUI last Friday and now am in the TWW. Opted not to bother testing out the hcg. I can manage to stay pretty zen for the first week, so I don't want to get into a habit of ramping up the obsessiveness and testing all the time. The clinic has me coming in on the 29th for a blood test. I said, "Well, I can just test at home and call if I get a positive." They said they prefer to do one in the office, so I agreed. They test two weeks from the day of the trigger. I thought that was kind of weird, but I guess since it's the blood test it's more sensitive and would pick up a whiff of a positive at 12 DPO.

Also, what it up the with progesterone suppositories? Ugh, they leak. If there is one thing that can make a girl NOT feel sexy, it's having suppository leakage. I was on a 100 mcg pill previously, and these are two a day, 100 mcg each, so I'll be curious to see if it prevents me from getting AF naturally. The other one never did, but I'm on twice as much now.

Vonn-I certainly know about leakage. I'm on the 100mcg pills 3x a day. It's disgusting. The other day as I was stopping by my coworker's desk to pick her up for lunch, I felt wetness on my leg! I was like 'uh..I'll just meet you in the cafeteria!' I've pretty much bought stock in Always pantiliners, but sometimes it's just not enough. The worst part is you never know when the stuff is going to come leaking out. Yes, disgusting. Oh, and your blood test will be able to tell you if you have an hcg of 1, whereas the home tests start at 15 or 20 (I think), so you would get a negative. Plus...taking home tests can be depressing (for me). As you know, I'm not a huge fan. I hope this is it for you. C'mon 29th!!

Hey ladies!
Terri, so excited to hear how Thursday goes for you!
Vonn, congrats on being PUPO! I'm the same, pretty chilled first week of 2ww but then a bit of a wreck 2nd week.
Hope everyone else is well?
AFM, I go to CR on Friday and have scratch on Sat, I'm taking the trip by myself as I've been before and it was so easy, we decided to save some cash on only one flight. Also picking up some meds when I'm there, I always used cyclogest pessaries (back door, they don't leak so much!), but this time I have to take POI. I'm a bit worried about that, never had to do an intermuscular injection and DH isn't good with needles. Can't believe the difference in price between Gestone and Agolutin which the dr says is the same thing, so taking the chance to pick some up. x

I have the slightest hint of a line (maybe an evap) on the Dollar Tree test, absolutely nothing on the FRER, so I take that as being out of my system. You know, the papers they gave me on the trigger shot said it could still be in your system for 14-16 days post trigger, so that's why I wanted to test it out, so I know the tests later this week wouldn't still be the trigger shot lingering. The shot made my blood pressure go down a bit, but now it's looking like it's going back to a more normal range. Weird.

Jean, I could never deal with testing out the trigger, found it made me far too obsessive. No trigger shot for me anymore as theyre not my eggs! x

Hey ladies!!
We have one baby inside!! I'm going back in ten days to check on progress but right now I'm feeling really good about things. They have an estimated due date of Dec. 18. I'm so happy. I have felt great so far so I hope it stays that way. I've kept on my running regimin but I'm definitely slower.

Terri, so pleased for you hon! I'm off to CR tomorrow for endometrial scratch (cheaper to fly, pay hotel and procedure than it is in the UK, crazy!). So hope in a few weeks time I'll be sharing good news.
Jean, any news? xx

Wow, crazy that it costs less to go all the way there than have it done where you live. Good luck!

Well, totally blank tests now, but symptoms have started. Lots of crampy pains first one side then the other, mostly the left side. My boobs & nipples are getting more sensitive again (that's usually just an after O thing for me). I still got probably 5 more days left to see what these FRERs tell me.

Congrats Terri! I'd take one good sticky baby.

Pussycat-Hope all goes well tomorrow. It'll just hurt for about three seconds and then you'll be all set to come back home. You may want to take an Advil or something in case you have a little more pain, but it'll be worth it, for sure.

Jean-I think you and Vonn are testing on the same day. fxfx for both of you.

Terri--Yay!! Huge congrats on a special moment. I'm so glad you've got a baby growing inside of you!

Pussycat--I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Safe travels, good luck. I truly hope the scratch is just the thing you need!

Jean--This sounds very promising! Only a few days and we will know!

Wonderful news Terri, can't wait for next update! Pussycat, hoping this works well for you, Vonn and Jean I'll be stalking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->