40 trying for number 2.

iwantanother

Reaction score
Hi! Kinda new here! Feel a little left out. Decided to start a new thread to see if I could meet some 40 ttc buddies. Trying for 4 cycles now. Not that long. Frustrated already! Anyone out there want to be buddies and get through this together? :wacko:

:hi: iwantanother! I'm 40+ and still trying to get #1 in the oven!! Join in the fun here, we all nudge along and look after eachother. Don't feel alone :flower:

Hello
I'm 40 and we're going to start tcc in January. Unfortunately I can't start sooner because I've only been in my job for 5 months.
I already have a 2.5 year old who I conceived very easily but that was three years ago and I'm nervous about it taking a lot longer this time round.
Nervous but excited.

Hopefully you will have moved on by then but if you are still here in two months it would be great to be buddies.

Hx

Hi Jax41 and Halle71! Thanks! I will most likely still be here in 2 months! Took 9 months to have my first and he is 4 now. Probably take just as long for number 2. I only just started using OPK last month. Hope they help. I don't temp but am wondering if I should start. Any Preseed users? would you recommend? I need all the help I can get!

Hi there...... 40 and still trying for #1.](*,)
Met OH when i was 33......
Had a surprise pregnanc that ended in MC. Nov 07.....
tried with not even a hint of a bfp until March 11..sadly ended in a "sort of " etopic....implant to high in uterus, but not in tubes...so after 4 month of waiting, after methotrixate shot..i am here again.
We just had a family wedding ceremony in oct :wedding: ( we eloped nov 11/10 )
and i am now in my 2ww and really hoping this is it.... I have a few symptoms so :loopy:

would love to have some cycle buddies my age or older :hugs:

Good luck everyone.

Let us know how it goes Chillbilly x

hi im 42 and been ttc for 13 months im passed frustrated now lol i will be your buddy xx

I will be 38 next week. My situation is weird because I have a 21, 17, and 14 year old already, although the two oldest are not my biological kids I raised them and we are a close family. I was sick with undiagnosed wheat allergy and celiacs forever and my after I had my youngest I was too sick to consider having a fourth. Now that I am healthy, I am ready to try and my husband is still in so...here I am.

Hi I am 40 also, 3 year boy. Desperately want another also!! 3 miscarriages in 18 mn preg again, scan today, sowed 5.5 weeks, should be 6.5 to 7 wks?? Age not an issue as I keep being told! I will be your buddy, kinda new to this myself xx

Hello everyone!:hi: I am 42 and been trying 12 months for #2-- my DD is 12. I am currently in 2ww. Hoping we all get to be bb's soon!

Hi everybody! What is your opinion? Anybody scared about having a baby late in life cause of all the risks? Downs, etc?
Can't wait to get started this month! Last month was horrible! O should be around the 20th or 21st. Dont know if I am doing it right. OPK is always pos around CD13 or 14(thats the 20th and 21st) so prob 22nd? IDK! Any help? :shrug:

Iwant- I have used preseed .........regular lube will kill sperm...so its better then anything else....Just don't use too much..haha
and i think you have between 12-36 hours before ovulation when test is positive ( line is darker then test line) i would BD as soon as you get that line..then every other day or every day after..... depends on Oh sperm quality i guess...not sure...I am always scared I will miss the chance by waiting a day for him to "recharge" haha
BOTH times I have gotten pregnant I have :sex: on cd 14. with 28 day cycles.......
here's hoping it worked again..haha

peanutpup...in 2ww.....isn't it horrible..haha I try t to think about it but have been doing a daily countdown since 6dpo..... I will be 10...to early to test but may anyway... AF due in 5 days.
good luck to you!!!!!!

You all seem so lovely. I don't have all the abbreviations down yet so bare with me.
Over 40, partner and I are ttc but the 2ww is driving me crazy.
Very new to the whole forum thing but I ll be your buddy.

Oh theres a thread somewhere with abbrviations....I'll try to find it for you if you haven't seen it already...
most importantabbrev's are
BD- baby dance = sex!!!
DTD- didor do the deed ( deed =sex) lol
OH-other half
AF-aunt flo..ie period
dpo - days past ovulation..... ( get a cute ticker to keep track at tickerfactory.com )
cd-cycle day..... ie cd1 is first day of period
DS or DD - dear son or dear Daughter
SS or SD- step son ect.

that should help for now...
Until you get your BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big FAT Positive

Aw tori just noticed this is your first post..... i lurked and read posts for months til I joined in 2008...seems sooo lng ago but not really..haha
all the best to all of you...and lets hope we can continue our 40 plus conversations in 1st Trimester threads....

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

cut and paste or goto forumn help and testing, you'll see this thread!

welcome! i'm 43 and we are trying for a sibling for our DD who is 7. no luck so far, and i've not had an AF for over 90 days!!!! took provera, and still no AF!!! i also have 4 other children, all older. good luck to you and yes let's support each other!!

hi littlesara! Had my first at 36. Thought I was done! Changed my mind I guess! Hang in there! Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!

Tori4 I hate the 2ww, but this month i knew it wasnt going to happen and didnt have a 2ww. i got sooo bored. can't wait til the next 2ww :happydance: good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->