40 trying for number 2.

Tiatammy - you should def get your OH checked out just in case.
One of my best friends, now 44, started ttc when she was about 40. After 18 months they both got tested and she was fine, but over 90% of his sperm were duds. They paid for three rounds of IVF but it was too late. If they had both been tested at the start those few months could have made all the difference because she was told she was perfectly healthy.

Chillbilly - I was one of your cycle buddies a couple of years ago. Sorry to see you still trying but it seems that you are having some luck and getting some answers now. Surely it has to be your turn next? x

Re tickers - has anyone tried any phone apps to track their cycle? I'm using P-tracker on my iPhone and it's great. Basically Fertility Friend for free. Or £1.99!
Hi Halle71:hugs: I did say something about that to my OH last night that doc. will prob. order that, but of course he said nothing no feed back it made me so :growlmad:,not a ok hun no prob. or thats fine nothing:growlmad:.Well I have to send my temp chart to my doc. in a couple of days as soon as :witch shows its ugly face I do hope it doesnt show, but you know how that goes. thankyou so much for all your replies it means so much to have someone to talk to:hugs::hugs::hugs:sending :dust::dust:

I hope I am replying the correct way. I am very new to this. Tiatammy, I am having the same issue with my husband. My MD wanted my husband to get a sperm analysis and chromosomal test done. When I told him about it he was very quiet and said nothing. When I pressed the topic he was very defensive as if I did something wrong. I decided to wait until after I get my HSG done, which is today, to talk to him again. I think this time I will have my MD give us the results in person so she can tell him the importance of the test. My husbands hesitation is because he already has a 13 year old son, therefore he believes he is fine. I know with time he will get the test.

Tiatammy - you should def get your OH checked out just in case.
One of my best friends, now 44, started ttc when she was about 40. After 18 months they both got tested and she was fine, but over 90% of his sperm were duds. They paid for three rounds of IVF but it was too late. If they had both been tested at the start those few months could have made all the difference because she was told she was perfectly healthy.

Chillbilly - I was one of your cycle buddies a couple of years ago. Sorry to see you still trying but it seems that you are having some luck and getting some answers now. Surely it has to be your turn next? x

Re tickers - has anyone tried any phone apps to track their cycle? I'm using P-tracker on my iPhone and it's great. Basically Fertility Friend for free. Or £1.99!
Hi Halle71:hugs: I did say something about that to my OH last night that doc. will prob. order that, but of course he said nothing no feed back it made me so :growlmad:,not a ok hun no prob. or thats fine nothing:growlmad:.Well I have to send my temp chart to my doc. in a couple of days as soon as :witch shows its ugly face I do hope it doesnt show, but you know how that goes. thankyou so much for all your replies it means so much to have someone to talk to:hugs::hugs::hugs:sending :dust::dust:

I hope I am replying the correct way. I am very new to this. Tiatammy, I am having the same issue with my husband. My MD wanted my husband to get a sperm analysis and chromosomal test done. When I told him about it he was very quiet and said nothing. When I pressed the topic he was very defensive as if I did something wrong. I decided to wait until after I get my HSG done, which is today, to talk to him again. I think this time I will have my MD give us the results in person so she can tell him the importance of the test. My husbands hesitation is because he already has a 13 year old son, therefore he believes he is fine. I know with time he will get the test.
Love2006 I am so frustrated with hubby he just at times acts like these measures are not important on his part:nope::growlmad::growlmad:and then they wonder why us women stick together:haha:hope your testing goes well keep intouch lots of:hugs::hugs:and:dust:to you.

Hey Tiatammy, I hope all is well. I had my HSG done on monday and found out I have a fibroid :cry::cry:. Needless to say I was very sad. My RE said the fibroid could cause MC. I am scheduled for surgery in two weeks to have the fibroid removed. I am trying very hard to be positive about this, but it is dificult. The thought of surgery is bring back very bad memories of my first pregnancy. My first pregnancy in 2010 was terminated via surgery at 19wks because of chromosomal abnormalities.
Once the fibroid is removed we have to wait a cycle before we can ttc. I am staying hopeful that 2012 will be my year to do the HAPPY FEET DANCE!

Hi all, I'm 39 and have been TTC #2 for nearly 18mths (m/c Dec 2010, just found out that fertility tests 4yrs ago (just before #1) showed low fertillity (egg quality) so waiting for tests now on UK NHS to see how much worse things are now....Hoping I can still conceive naturally but will consider other options once we know what they are....hate the long waits on the NHS to find out!
:dust: to everyone

Hey Tiatammy, I hope all is well. I had my HSG done on monday and found out I have a fibroid :cry::cry:. Needless to say I was very sad. My RE said the fibroid could cause MC. I am scheduled for surgery in two weeks to have the fibroid removed. I am trying very hard to be positive about this, but it is dificult. The thought of surgery is bring back very bad memories of my first pregnancy. My first pregnancy in 2010 was terminated via surgery at 19wks because of chromosomal abnormalities.
Once the fibroid is removed we have to wait a cycle before we can ttc. I am staying hopeful that 2012 will be my year to do the HAPPY FEET DANCE!

Love 2006 I am so sorry to jear that sweetheart, but all is not lost sweetheart the good thing is you still can try, its sounds like you have really had a fough road to travel hun, but think positive, and dont loose hope, and I will keep you in my prayers. If you need to talk I am here. I also have a thread of my own go to search this link and type in LMP 10/21/11 26 to 28 day cycle need a buddy.. I would to be your buddy:hugs::hugs: I wish you lots of:dust::dust: sweetheart, Talk to you soon and keep intouch. What were your symptoms of this fibroid?

:happydance:pos. OPK today! come home hubby!

Wanyanother good luck on tour POS. OPK, get to work sweety:thumbup::happydance::happydance:, hopfully you will see a BFP real soon. lots of :dust::dust:to you. Waiting to get my POS> OPK on cycle day 4 right now I normally get a Pos. OPK any where between cycle day 10 and 12. Keep intouch.:hugs::hugs:

:happydance:pos. OPK today! come home hubby!

Wanyanother good luck on tour POS. OPK, get to work sweety:thumbup::happydance::happydance:, hopfully you will see a BFP real soon. lots of :dust::dust:to you. Waiting to get my POS> OPK on cycle day 4 right now I normally get a Pos. OPK any where between cycle day 10 and 12. Keep intouch.:hugs::hugs:

Today is CD12. I have been getting pos opk usually on 13 and 14, but just decided to check late today. so it is earlier than usual. glad i caught it! i just didnt want to stress to much this month and buy so many tests! hubby is on his way home. thanks for the baby dust and positive thoughts!!!!!!!

I have a good feeling about this month :) :thumbup:

Good luck to you. waiting for pos opk and then 2ww. all this waiting is tough!

well if you could only pick 1 day to DTD which day would it be? the 1st day the opk is positive (mine is usually pos for 2 days) the second day or after that?????? doesnt look like hubby will be ready for another round of fun tonight. i got my first pos opk around 3:00 yesterday and DTD around midnight. how does my timing sound?

Love 2006 I am so sorry to jear that sweetheart, but all is not lost sweetheart the good thing is you still can try, its sounds like you have really had a fough road to travel hun, but think positive, and dont loose hope, and I will keep you in my prayers. If you need to talk I am here. I also have a thread of my own go to search this link and type in LMP 10/21/11 26 to 28 day cycle need a buddy.. I would to be your buddy:hugs::hugs: I wish you lots of:dust::dust: sweetheart, Talk to you soon and keep intouch. What were your symptoms of this fibroid?

I did not have any symptoms. Most women have very very very heavy cycles that could or could not be prolonged. My mother and my sister had them, so I was not completely shocked with the news. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

I did not have any symptoms. Most women have very very very heavy cycles that could or could not be prolonged. My mother and my sister had them, so I was not completely shocked with the news. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

Love2006 you are so very welcome all us women here need as much as encouragement as we can get, and all the support we can get, we are here for each other for support just to listen to maybe a hug or even a cry and most of all once in awhile we need a laugh, just hang in there sweetheart things will work out for the best.:hugs::hugs:

oh the 2WW! so impatient. totally looking for any clues and its only CD 15 . ugh give me strength. thinking of all the things i couldve done. sad hubby didnt go for round 2 on second day of pos OPK.
OPK was def positive on Sat. around 3pm the most positive result i have seen. was positive again on Sunday around 12 noon. DTD sat around midnight or little before.
Any thoughts?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Be thankful for what you have and work for what you want !

Still in 2ww. testing next week.

Hope someone has good news this month.
Sorry for everyone who is working through a rough spot! God Bless you!

Hello Ladies, last month we weren't planning on trying but thought I might be, however wasn't.... so, now this has prompted us to actively try. However due to my partner being away, we DTD yesterday, the day after abundant EWCM and yesterday I felt some mighty twinges on left side, after a few days of grumbling twinges. So, I am hoping that was the egg releasing. I had mild grumblings on the right side later on in the night. So, I reckon then that I am 1dpo today and 1 day past doing the deed. Do you reckon little eggy would have come out just in time for the little swimmers to meet up??? Or have I left it too late. He's off again today so am thinking the last 24 hrs would probably be our only chance for this cycle. Just to let you know, I have a 22 month old daughter. I got pregnant last December and had a missed miscarriage in late Jan, which resulted in me then miscarrying the little thing at home and bleeding til I almost passed out, ended up in hospital as there was some tissue left inside me and I had to have this surgically removed and stay in overnight. Awful experience which left me bleeding for the following 3 months. I was still breastfeeding my little one all this time and felt quite weak and washed out. So...am back to full fitness again, been on many supps, organic diet, no alcohol for well over 2 years due to breastfeeding, don't smoke and weaned my daughter when she was 18 months, so hoping we can add to our little brood soon. I am 41 now so trying to squeeze one more little bubb out. Hope you are all keeping positive and lots of love to you all.

Hi Kismo, I am in the same boat with you, but I am 44, almost 45 and trying for #2. I am more insulin resistant and overweight then before pregnancy. But, don't give up, I got my first at 42

Hi Kismo, I am in the same boat with you, but I am 44, almost 45 and trying for #2. I am more insulin resistant and overweight then before pregnancy. But, don't give up, I got my first at 42

Hi Detlic and ladies

we are trying for our first and I am 42. Its nice to hear that its possible. I am also overweight actually more the overweight and working towards losing the weight. I fluctuate between just thinking its going to happen and then panicking that we have left it too long or that something will go wrong.

We are deciding whether to try this cycle which is in the next day or two for the first time or to wait a month so I have chance to lost a little more weight and get a little fitter. Good luck with #2 I really hope you get good news soon. Fingers crossed for everyone else as well:)

Madeline xx

Thanks detlic ! Well, I know my body is feeling super healthy and charged,I just hope my little eggies are the sameway too. Wow! How are you doing with your trying? How long have you been trying for? Is there anything special you are taking now? I always imagined I would have three kids. If I am successful (pray to God) then I always thought , why not have one more at 43 or so.:flower: It's surely within our abilities as women in our forties otherwise why do we have menopause in our fifties? Because we were made to still produce and carry babies until then. xx:flower:

Hi Detlic and ladies

we are trying for our first and I am 42. Its nice to hear that its possible. I am also overweight actually more the overweight and working towards losing the weight. I fluctuate between just thinking its going to happen and then panicking that we have left it too long or that something will go wrong.

We are deciding whether to try this cycle which is in the next day or two for the first time or to wait a month so I have chance to lost a little more weight and get a little fitter. Good luck with #2 I really hope you get good news soon. Fingers crossed for everyone else as well:)

Madeline xx

Morning Madeline! Statistics say that ladies over 40, who are deemed overweight have more chances of conceiving multiples! How long have you been trying for??? Are you taking any supplements like vitex, maca or anything special? I tell you what I have been taking for the last 3 months, in more of an attempt to get my eggs super healthy, since I have a daughter plus have had a miscarriage, which I hope and pray to not repeat :-

Organic diet, with little red meat
Lots of salads, fruit (am more a savoury person, so mostly veg)
Nuts and seeds
No trans fats, plenty olive oil, flaxseed sometimes, cyder vinegar and lemon/lime juices in salads
Home made practically everything, rarely eat out
I still have a bad habit of eating chocolate though, and crisps :blush:
Drink lots of water, don't drink juice at all, no diet sodas but sometimes fruit squash mixed with water (to take my supplements).
Still drink a cup of coffee in the morning
Herbal Teas sometimes (green tea, acai tea) or Black Tea

Supplements :

CoQ10 - 180mg
Chlorella - 2g
Vitamin D3 - 1000 iu
Cod Liver Oil - 550mg
Brewer's Yeast (B vit complex) 3000mg
Multivit containing 400mcg Folic Acid plus other phytonutrients
Agnus Castus (Vitex) - 800mg
Vitamin C Powder in water (2500mg) however reduce this amount to 1000mg around Ovulation time, since it can dry up EWCM if you take too much.
I have Maca powder however when and if I take it, it makes me feel a little out of control and gives me diahorrea so have not really taken much.

I feel super charged and healthy, the vitamin C for a start has started to help my bad back (from epidural) heal and I generally feel like I have masses of energy, so pray that my blood has been cleansed, my womb has been repaired and my general immune system is at its optimum state so that my little eggies are healthy. So.......only time will tell if this has worked.

I had a very long cycle last month so was a bit concerned about that (45 days) so that's why I started Vitex this month, I appear to have ovulated 5 days earlier than I did last month, so that in itself is a good thing.

Let me know what you are doing differently. I wish you all the very best and to all the ladies on here XXXX :flower:

also forgot to add... I haven't drunk alcohol for over 2 years as I was breastfeeding/pregnant etc. and have not resumed the habit. Nor do I smoke. I never have anyway.

I just hope that all these efforts I have put in pay off! xxx

I am 39, 40 in April. TTC #2 DS is 13. I have had 4 m/c in the last 13 years and the most recent was 2 yrs ago. I for sure thought I was done but then met the love of my life and he has no children so here we go. I have just begun TTC this cycle. Because of my m/c history my dr has me on prometrium cd14-28 to help my lining. I am also taking 75mg DHEA a day. Anyone with experience with either??? I fear the prometrium gives me the same side effects as pregnancy symptoms. I had gastric bypass surgery in 08 and lost 145lbs so I feel healthy and ready to do this. I now have a very stress free life. Major stress I think caused the previous m/c's. I am also looking for a buddy. I am charting but again fear the prometrium messes with my temps.

I concieved DS with clomid 14 yrs ago. So if we are no pg in a couple months we will try the challenge again.

So excited!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->