40 trying for number 2.

Hey everyone cant let this thread go dead, lets keep it going. Hi chillybilly how are you honey, miss you, hope all is well.:hugs: FRIENDS

Well I consider myself 40 being I'm on a oil slick with banana peel shoes on (May 22nd) =) with that said I am ttc again lost our baby due to EP last year this time.. and have been trying since.. minus the 3 month wait after the methotrexate shot. I wish you all a BFP in this journey of ttc. .... Baby dust to you all ....

Hi Geminus-
Hold on tight to that 39...hahahaha
and i know what the 3 month wait after metho is like....I went thro that last june 1st.....
Hope your visit to TTC is short..haha

Hello ladies,
I'm new here but seems like I may be in good company. I'm 40 and sliding towards 41 in May. My OH and I are working on a miracle babe as this little one will take IVF, ICSI and a GS. We had a misscarriage last fall but now that the holidays are over, we've started trying again. I had a cancelled cycle last month :cry: and we'll start again soon. It seems that BC for keeping cycles lined up with my GS is not working for me. My hormones have been "off" for a few years and when I took them, my ovaries decided to slow way down :wacko:. Now that I'm off, the ovaries are starting to work again. Anyway, now the Dr will make up his own special cocktail for me to make sure we are both lined up and then start the IVF process all over again.
I had a blood test and scan last week where I was about to ovulate with one dominate and several smaller (all normal for 40). On Tuesday, I'll go back for another scan to make sure I have ovulated and then start on this special 25-day cocktail.
Anyone else out there done any of this? ICSI and/or GS?

heather

Hoping- Hello.....Goodluck with all your scans...and TTC.....I'm not sure what GS is.....
I'm on 2nd round of clomid, one more try after this then onto IUI.... can't afford IVF....
Hope Dr.s cocktail of special medicine works for ya!!!! haha Good to hear your Dr. is helpng!

So this is where all the 40 somethings are hanging out! Hello to all.

I am also a member of this club. 41 here and trying for #2 after a long run of miscarriages. I am trying without meds this month and then on to Clomid next month.

Hello! I am 40 (41 this year) and trying for baby number 2 for 4 cycles....hampered lately by husband working away for a month at a time....

Hi Tori, sweetSeren, and abigail......
welcome.........
Good luck with getting :bfp:

Hi! Kinda new here! Feel a little left out. Decided to start a new thread to see if I could meet some 40 ttc buddies. Trying for 4 cycles now. Not that long. Frustrated already! Anyone out there want to be buddies and get through this together? :wacko:

Hi! I'm brand new. I have 3 boys... 2 biological and 1 adopted. We have made a major decision to try again after 3 years off. I'm thrusted back into the agony of the 2WW.

I'm going to turn 40 next month. Little nervous as we've had issues in the past. Nice to see you on here!

Hi Ladies

It's taken a bit longer than expected to pursuade my OH to start TCC (long and complicated and in Homelife and Relationships) but I think we are here again.

To recap, I'm 40 (41 in April) my OH is 34 and we have a 2.5 year old daughter who was conceived magically quickly, thus convincing my OH that all my warnings about being over 35 were a massive con :)
Three and a half years down the line I'm not convinced things will be as easy but I am hoping they are.

We DTD last night and I am due to ovulate any time between Saturday and Tuesday. Unfortunately my previously regular as clockwork, 28 day cycle has been between 28 and 35 days in the last few months so I'm not really sure about timings but I have had EWCM for a couple of days so should be about right.

Good luck eveyone - BFPs here we come x

Im 40 and been ttc my 4th for 6 months, not long I know. My cycles are starting to get a bit tempermental, usually 28 day cycle. But they are starting to get shorter every now and then. Last cycle was 23days.

Im on cycle day 23 as at today, and im in the tww, so fingers crossed.

I dont feel so alone now, that there are other ladies out there in the same position.

Oodles of baby dust to all. :thumbup:

Im 40 and been ttc my 4th for 6 months, not long I know. My cycles are starting to get a bit tempermental, usually 28 day cycle. But they are starting to get shorter every now and then. Last cycle was 23days.

Im on cycle day 23 as at today, and im in the tww, so fingers crossed.

I dont feel so alone now, that there are other ladies out there in the same position.

Oodles of baby dust to all. :thumbup:

Glad to see you again halle.... positive mental attitude that you'll get you BFP soon!!!!!

Hiya Kitty- welcome.......what dpo are you in your 2ww? when's your test date?
I'm a ticker pusher .....onlys o i can see where you are in you cycle...
and either push you to :sex: or:test:
lol
good luck ladies and hopefully the next thread we join is 40 and pregnant!!!!!

Hello hillybilly good to see you well I am on cd4 and getting closer to the BIG O soooo hopefully this month is the month going to use oreseed and softcups or the diva cup. How are you? HUGS HUGS FRIENDS

I totally forgot i was on this thread........
Tia- I am actually using a soft cup today.....I couldn't stay in bed for long after bd'ing so i put one in ...just in case...

I am off clomid this cycle...I had an early cd 24 spot that was actually a very light period... This is my last cycle for a 2012 baby so really hoping it works.....

Well I WAS 40 when I started trying for #2...hope that counts hehehe

Hi Lovely's!

For me I experienced the side effects while taking Clomid 100mg 3-7
Hot flashes, bloating and headaches. All have subsided now, maybe small headaches.

So I'm so excited! Today I was to go to my RE just for a follicle scan to see how the Clomid was doing and Guess what? He said I looked amazing and insisted that the hubby and I do IUI today! We were just going to do the Clomid and BD only, but heck who's gonna argue with the RE? :winkwink:
So my hubby brought in his magic swimmers and I got a trigger shot then as of 2:00pm today we were officially inseminated! :happydance::happydance:

I am CD 13 today and officially in the two week wait! I know my expectations are probably way to high but heck, why not!

I will probably post this on two other threads I stalk.

Prayers and Blessings to us all!

Can't wait to see everyones results <3

~Angie

I totally forgot i was on this thread........
Tia- I am actually using a soft cup today.....I couldn't stay in bed for long after bd'ing so i put one in ...just in case...

I am off clomid this cycle...I had an early cd 24 spot that was actually a very light period... This is my last cycle for a 2012 baby so really hoping it works.....

Chillybilly I am on cd 11 and got my positive OPK on cd 9 and have been bedding since so I do hope this has all helped, good luck sweetie Hang in there. HUGS HUGS FRIENDS

Hi all,

Just been looking for some company during this phase.

I'm 39...40 in August. I have a 19 month old. My husband is 40 and has rheumatoid arthritis. Last year had a miscarriage with baby with Down's syndrome. Been TTC for 3 months since then. We don't have a big window as husbands medication needs to start at the end of 2012. Also a bit scary with my age and the last pregnancy results.

Anyway, interested in hearing about maximising our chances!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->