46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Bee: Sorry about your BFN :hugs: it's great you have the HSG to focus on and just keep looking forward. I feel so different now that I have this appointment to focus on. Hopefully he/she won't suggest more waiting before we do anything as I really feel like a sense of momentum will keep me going the next few cycles.

Trixie: welcome back! :wave: and good luck this cycle!

Conundrum: sorry your daughter is sick. I hope she's much better today!

Campn: yay for hearing the heartbeat! It's so rewarding when you can find it with the Doppler at home.

So a new cycle has begun! Just another week and we can start bding in the lead-up to ovulation. I hope I ovulate early again on CD13. I don't think I'll have an issue motivating my husband this cycle. I've really slimmed down and got back in shape while he was away and now he's back, he can't get enough :haha: it's like we're in hose first lustful years of our relationship again. Such a motivator to keep going with this regime I've got going. It was his birthday yesterday and we went to the theatre, out for sushi and cocktails and then came home to relieve our babysitter. We then lay in front of the stove sipping sparkling wine and being in that giddy love/lust whirlwind. It was such a magical night!!! But work this morning was rough!

Five days till my appointment!!!!

thanks for the love ladies.

hope everyone is doing well today :hugs:

just over here waiting on AF :coffee:

Bee- your chart always looks so good at cycle end. Really hoping those numbers stay up there and you have a little surprise instead of having to go for the HSG.

Squirrel- sounds like you had an amazing day with hubby. Love that story.

campn- love that you can hear a little heart beat. I am looking at getting a Doppler too but still have a while to find one.

I had an u/s 2 days ago and baby is growing and heartbeat is 130bpm. Nerves are calmer and I'm feeling very good about this one.

Yay Trr, I'm so happy for you!
Bee, I hope you still get your bfp, but no worries if it isn't going to happen this cycle. The HSG is coming up and I'm sure you will get your bfp soon. :hugs2:

My scan is March 1st and I'm so anxious for it. I'm going to be all alone this weekend with SO on the other side of the country with lots of things to do.. that scares me a little bit. I have a lot to do also, so hopefully I won't have time to think too much. Also installed the sims 4 again so I am constantly preoccupied with something.

Lol I had to laugh at that - I loooooooove the sims ! It's been so long though. Less than a week til your scan !!!

Lol I had to laugh at that - I loooooooove the sims ! It's been so long though. Less than a week til your scan !!!

Haha as a kid I started with The Sims 1 and have played it for years. For the Sims 2 & 3 I had so many custom skins and downloads and sooooo many mods, more gb than the games itself :haha: Now it's just to do something other than looking up symptoms etc :dohh:

Trr- great news!! So happy to hear about your rainbow baby being mighty and strong!

I love sims too but ugh they used to stress me out so much! I was hoping they'd get robbed and murdered during the end cause I couldn't keep up :p

Trr: yay for a great scan!! Glad all is well.

Blabla: not long to wait for that scan! So exciting! Hope we get to see a picture of the little bean.

Another sims fan here. Been obsessed since the first one came out. Sims 4 has been my least favourite (or maybe I just don't have the time to dedicate to it anymore), but whenever a new pack comes out I obsessively play for a few weeks.

I'm so out of temping practice I haven't even thought to take it the last couple of days!

Trr- great news!! So happy to hear about your rainbow baby being mighty and strong!

I love sims too but ugh they used to stress me out so much! I was hoping they'd get robbed and murdered during the end cause I couldn't keep up :p

Hahaha I had a "god" mod for that. One click and all the sims had their moods and needs perfect. :haha: I even had a mod that made all the dishes and dirt disappear at the end of each day. So bad.

Squirrel: I don't enjoy the sims 4 as much either.. they look funny and no toddlers! Toddlers and babies were my favorite life stages! It's more of a social game now and I just wanted to build houses and raise families haha

I also love the sims, but I haven't played in a very long time.

Bee- I'm sorry about the temp drop :hugs:. You will get some answers from the HSG and be on the right track to get help. Let us know how it goes.

Bla- good luck at your scan hun! I can't wait to hear all about it.

I get to see my ob on the 8th. My cousin said she had to have an early scan at 7wks due to cramps and she said she didn't get another until 20wks. We have the same dr and idk if I can wait 12wks to see the baby again.

Smille- They also do an optional 12 week NT/ genetic testing scan. I'm still not sure if I'll get mine done.

Love seeing that number going up. Bee... I know KNOW your time is coming!

Is it not standard to get the 12 week NT scan in the US? In the UK it's the norm (but I was surprised that a few trusts don't offer it here - they're the exception though).

Is it not standard to get the 12 week NT scan in the US? In the UK it's the norm (but I was surprised that a few trusts don't offer it here - they're the exception though).

Here in the Netherlands you get a 10-12 week scan too, that is usually the first scan you get here. They call that the 'term-echo' (Termijn), or basically trimester scan. I get one at 7 weeks but that is really unusual, normally you have to wait so long to finally know what's up.
NT scan is not standard either, but you can ask for it (costs a lot though).

My cousin (a different one, I have a lot of them) is a radiologist and she has been looking at her baby daily since she knew she was pregnant (baby is due on my birthday! May 15th :D ). I don't know if that's harmful for the baby but she is a doctor, so I trust she knows better than I do. She really has been making scans almost every day at work and that sounds so awesome. She can really see the baby grow bit by bit.

Squirrel- Most people here get the 12 week scan. Most insurance places cover it too but sometimes you have to pay a part of it.

Bla- Every day sounds very very excessive. I don't even use my Doppler that often. High risk pregnancies require scans monthly or bi-weekly so it can be worth the risk at times, but daily for no reason is insane.

Squirrel- Most people here get the 12 week scan. Most insurance places cover it too but sometimes you have to pay a part of it.

Bla- Every day sounds very very excessive. I don't even use my Doppler that often. High risk pregnancies require scans monthly or bi-weekly so it can be worth the risk at times, but daily for no reason is insane.

Yeah it's definitely excessive, but I think it's still pretty cool that she can even though there is no reason for it. I wouldn't go to the midwife daily haha, but she can use it for like 5 minutes and move along.
We've already urged her to stop doing it so often, but she is very stubborn and I think it's quite addictive to see your baby so much.

hey girls - AF is arriving today... still just spotting but should be full force today based on my temps. A day early but my lp has been 13 days before even though it's mostly 14 days.

I feel totally fine about it - I had my sad days at the 10dpo BFN and was fully prepared for this. Was going off momentum of the upcoming HSG but all of that has been shot down. I called to schedule this morning. The woman asked how long my flow was and I said 5 days with 2 days of spotting. She said it would need to be done when the bleeding stopped but the reasoning was because I could still be pregnant even though I'm bleeding? so basically Friday is day 8 and the weekend is day 9 and 10 so Friday was the only option and the PA that does the HSG is off that day. sometimes I really can't catch a break. I think she wanted me to wait for next month but she didn't say it and I kept pressing for "there's got to be something we can do". I ended up asking if I could come in on one of the days I'm still spotting if I can do a pregnancy test to show that I'm not. I'm so confused because if that's the case then anyone could be pregnant at any time and they should always do a test to be sure. ugh .so we left it with her talking to the dr and asking and getting back to me. that was at 8. now it's 1:30. she better call back with the news I want to hear!!

Oh Bee how frustrating!! What a way to steal your momentum and positivity. So sorry, they're being so particular. I know places have to have guidelines and rules for procedures, but surely a little common sense could be applied in cases like yours? I hope she gets back to you with good news!

well I called her as it was getting close to closing time and I was meeting with my next client. She said the doc never called her back and it was looking like we would just have to do next cycle. She said she would try calling the doc one more time. of course I fought back tears as I hung up and had to meet with client. I knew she would call me back during our appt but I had to take it. she said the doc had left for the day but she knew my desperation and scheduled me for Wednesday but said I would have to call that morning if I was still bleeding to cancel. I just feel like I haven't heard this before - I know for a fact that I saw a woman post about having the HSG done while still on period and commenting on how fun that was. So I'm going to post a thread to ask other women because at this point I just can't bear waiting another month and her explanation of not doing it while bleeding because of potential pregnancy just doesn't make sense for me. so keep your fingers crossed that somehow everything works out !

thanks ladies :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Aww bee, I'm so sorry that everything is so frustrating right now. It's really strange that they are so hung up over that period thing. When you know you're not pregnant, what is the harm?
I hope your bleeding will have stopped by Wednesday and you can get it sorted this month rather than having to wait another month.
But, if you do have to wait another cycle, don't worry. That's still a cycle you could get your bfp.. I know it's hard but try to make the best of it :hugs:

Edit: I'm just reading about it and what cycle day do you usually ovulate? It has to happen before ovulation, but if there's still time, couldn't you go after the weekend? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->