46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Squirrel- she's having another set of ear tubes put in and having her adenoids taken out. She had problems with ear infections when she was 6 months old and we did tubes and had no more problems until January of this year. She had 3 sets of double ear infections in like 8 weeks. So hopefully this fixes the problem.

As for testing I will not be testing until AF doesn't show. I only have 1 test in the house at the moment and it's a digi lol my chart looked good last month too so im not holding my breath haha

Texas- my dd had several ear infections last year. The dr said with her only starting to get them later in life she'd have to get her tonsils and adenoids removed bc they are too large. He wanted to give it until this year to see if they'd stop...luckily she hasn't gotten any which is a relief. It's awful going through that and I hope the surgery is quick and easy. Fxd for a quick recovery. As for your chart, it looks great and I really hope you get your bfp.

Squirrel- you will definitely see crosshairs tomorrow. I'm glad you are feeling very positive about this cycle. Lots of :dust: to you.

squirrel - that's still great (about your dietary restrictions) - every little bit helps! I had to laugh about not eating the babies because I always feel bad eating baby bok choy :haha::haha: it just sounds so wrong!!

CH's are in your immediate future and honestly, your enthusiasm right now is contagious! about to go pee on an opk and fully expect it to be positive!

texas - I'm loving your chart. fx for a bfp for you!

squirrel - you'll definitely get CH tomorrow.

Hope you're all doing well. I've been reading along but have nothing to contribute.. aside from mentioning that DH and I changed our trip dates, which means that we'll be home aside from shopping tomorrow, and better timed bd can possibly happen now.

yay trixie!!

and as predicted.... holy positive opk!!!! :happydance:

I know the tubes will make all the difference. In fact she's had several
Other surgeries besides this one. She has had 3 surgeries on her skull. She was born with a birth defect that left a soft spot closed too early so her head wouldn't grow properly. Hopefully she is done with the skull surgeries but we will just have to wait and see. This will be her 4th surgery in 4 years.

Yay Bee go get it girl! Praying you get a BFP this cycle as well!

Bee- Woohoo go and get it!!!

Squirrel- happy and hopefully short TWW! I hope the HSG cleaned stuff up for you and bee and made it possible now more than ever before!

Trix- I'm glad the dates are better now, stressed times BD gave me anxiety so it's always good when things fall back into place!

I can't wait until I see all of your tests turn positively positive and we can all have babies born right after each other!

I'm feeling pretty back to normal now I don't even feel pregnant aside from the rare and subtle flutters I get sometimes. I might be changing my OB (and hospital) as they're making me pay $360 monthly in advance in case I don't pay my bills at the end? I already met my deductible and they said they won't claim anything until I deliver which makes no sense to me! I just feel like they're milking us and ripping me off every month.

Campn- they do the same thing here. I had to pay for my daughters delivery upfront as well. But it's just the doctors part and not the hospital. I will get a separate bill from them. The medical bills I pay on a monthly basis is outrageous. I will probably be paying them for years to come. For my daughters surgeries but it's all worth it

Camp - my birth centre/midwife does the same - i had to pay my full deductible up front, while my regular ob only charges a co-pay and then you're billed later. i had to bite the bullet on that one because i really really wanted to go to a birth centre and not a hospital.

I've been googling it and I guess that's the norm now. It wasn't like that with my son in 2012! I just feel so frustrated cause that's like a car payment! I met my deductible too so I thought from now on insurance is responsible. Also I could switch doctors to find the other doctor doing the exact thing too.

Will the doctor refund me? Cause they're charging way more than the total I should be paying at the end.

the people at the birth center basically told me if in the end i don't actually owe as much as i paid - a check will be issued back to me.
if you've already hit your deductible tho, i'd talk to them and probably talk to the insurance company as well.

Hey guys. Sorry I've been MIA. Lots going on with me and I wanted to sort them out before I jumped on here.

Squirrel your chart is looking amazing! CH's coming at ya!

Bee - yay for positive OPK's! Those are so satisfying to get.

Texas - So sorry about DD. Hope she does ok with the surgery. Poor baby, I hate when babies are sick. It just breaks my heart.

Hello to all the other ladies who popped on to say hi and check in! I hope you're all having great pregnancies. I know we all love when you stop by to shake off some of that baby dust on all us TTC'ers ;)

AFM: I'm in a terrible terrible place. In January when we started to TTC I started to have some minor pain on the left and as you do, I thought it was O pains. They continued and I was sure I was pregnant. Of course, I was not. Anyway, the pain hasn't gone away and this last cycle its been really bad. So I called my gyro after getting yet another BFN since I was a little worried I might have a cyst or something.

A short background story here: Last year in March I was having heavy irregular periods that lasted 2-3 weeks and they discovered a very large polyp that was of major concern since there was worry it would rupture and cause me to hemorrhage so they rushed me to get it out (3 months.... this is "rushed" in the medical world)

Anyway, I called, couldn't get an appointment until May and so the receptionist who is lovely told me to go to my GP and request an scan and if anything pops up to call back.

So thats what I did. I had the scan yesterday and got the results today. Another polyp. ANOTHER ONE. Smaller... but there. And definitely causing the pain.

Initially I just accepted it. And then I realized what that means. I'll never conceive if its in there, and I certainly won't if they keep popping up back (less than a year to return).

I left the doctors office and started to drive home and had to pull over when reality hit me. I sobbed. And sobbed. I finally made it home and completely broke down. I've ranted, raved, cried, blubbered, hyperventilated and sobbed until I couldn't breathe. The reality is still there. It's in there. It will grow as large or larger than the other. Its causing me pain and will have to come out no matter what and it will probably take 3-5 months to get the surgery booked and even if we get it out another might come back and I might never have a baby.

And that's where I'm at.

My gyro is on vacation for March break. He's back on the 22nd so I'll call his office then and try to get an appointment.

Baby- I'm so so sorry hun! And I apologize for being ignorant but is that like a cyst over your ovaries? if it is I've heard there many ways to manage that by medication?

Is the surgery success rate usually high? If not, could you conceive through IUI or IVF possibly? I hope there's a way somehow that it'd be possible to have a baby someday. I'm so sorry you're having such a bad day and it's understandable but I'm sure the clouds will lift soon enough <3

Baby- I'm so so sorry hun! And I apologize for being ignorant but is that like a cyst over your ovaries? if it is I've heard there many ways to manage that by medication?

Is the surgery success rate usually high? If not, could you conceive through IUI or IVF possibly? I hope there's a way somehow that it'd be possible to have a baby someday. I'm so sorry you're having such a bad day and it's understandable but I'm sure the clouds will lift soon enough <3

Thanks Campn, I'm trying to not dwell and formulate a plan (its how my brain works!).

A polyp is basically a skin tag inside your uterus. Crude way to define it but it seems the easiest way to. Most people get them, have them removed and never have an issue. Most people also don't get them coming back. There's no medication for polyps. Only option is to remove them or leave it in there and hope for the best.

They can cause you to not conceive and also to miscarry. (They can grow so big they fill your uterus... like my first one did) When they found the first one the first thing my doctor said was "Its so big you will never get pregnant if you leave it in there" We weren't even trying at the time and I remember thinking "Ok lets get this shit out ASAP then!"

Baby- Ok I googled it and I think it's like a tumor tissue?

Baby- Ok I googled it and I think it's like a tumor tissue?

They can be cancerous yes. They sent my last one for testing and it was thankfully negative.

The only thing I can think is remove it, and try to get pregnant ASAP before another returns.

Baby- Definitely get it out even for non ttc reasons it doesn't seem like it should be left in there. I'm sure you can still get pregnant and carry to term. Hopefully once a baby is in there your body will regulate hormones better and it won't grow back. The uterus is so tiny when you're not pregnant so that's why your doctor said get it out cause obviously there's no room for a baby to implant not cause your case was desperate I'm sure.

You're in my thoughts, I hope you can fix this and be on the road to healing and conceiving! :)

Iris- My mom had polyps all the time, even a couple of years back it turned out that her uterus was full of them, some as big as a tennisball!

She never knew about them until after she had us, but she had the pain since she was a teenager. She didn't have any trouble conceiving. Some people are just predisposed to polyps and that sucks, so much.
I understand that that doesn't make getting pregnant any easier, but it will work out sweetie. Once they got it out, you have time to ttc. And when you are pregnant they don't really start to grow that easily. That's why my mom has a Mirena IUD, it keeps them from growing! Remember, the last one was in March last year and you started TTC a couple of months ago.
You will have plenty of time, trust me. Don't worry sweetie, although I know it's hard when you get news like that TWICE.
Big :hugs: to you!

Hey Baby, firstly I'm so sorry that you're so devastated about this and that this is happening to you. I can only imagine how upsetting it is, first the worry of it happening in the first place and then the fact that it is going to interfere with TTC.

My cousin-in-law had huge issues with polyps - her uterus was full of them and they were gradually breaking down, which made her uterus contract like I'm labour. She
Basically had labour pains for four months while doctors struggled to find out what was going on. They even removed her appendix because they though that was the issue!! Now she's on a special diet that supposedly prevents them from growing back. I think it's a low sugar diet (unfortunately, almost everything is broken down into sugars so her diet is very limited).

I really hope you can have surgery soon and get back to TTC!! I can only imagine how frustrating it is to have to stop for a reason like this! Take care.

Iris- I'm so sorry you're going through this. It is best to deal with this issue, then move on from there. We are here to support you.

Texas- holy temp jump! I really believe you'll see a bfp in your near future.

Campn- that's interesting about paying upfront. I've also met my deductible and our out of pocket expenses. We're only suppose to pay 5% of everything from here on out. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Insurance is a damn joke. Our premiums are as much as a mtg payment and they cover nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->