5 dpo-- let's help each other!

Still some pain in my left boob but not as bad as it has been. Only other thing is a really dry mouth, which won't go no matter what I drink. Also tired but that might have been because I was bored at work today. How about you?

My doctors surgery rang today they wanted an appointment as I'm still deficient in vitamin d!! I've been taking a supplement for about a month thought it would help, I'm really worried now as I know vitamin d is very important during pregnancy, what if I get a bfp and I'm still deficient, will it matter straight away? I see my gp next Friday not sure what they will do though maybe give me a stronger supplement? What do you think?

My doctors surgery rang today they wanted an appointment as I'm still deficient in vitamin d!! I've been taking a supplement for about a month thought it would help, I'm really worried now as I know vitamin d is very important during pregnancy, what if I get a bfp and I'm still deficient, will it matter straight away? I see my gp next Friday not sure what they will do though maybe give me a stronger supplement? What do you think?

I'm not sure what dose you're taking but my patients (I'm a nurse) generally take vitamin d 50,000 units weekly for 6 weeks and then vitamin d 1000 units daily from then on. Most of the population has a vitamin d deficit so don't deal out too much. And don't forget the calcium as well!

It will happen MH, you have to believe it. Xxx

Well my hpts arrived, I of course tested...shock horror BFN. I can't help but think it's going to be yet another disappointing cycle x

I'm with you. Seeing that glaring negative was a not really a shock but still way depressing. Oddly enough it only makes me want to test more which is a bad idea as I know it's too early.
Don't give up hope yet. AF hasn't got you.
I know when I conceived my daughter I took vitamin b6 daily as as mucinex (read about those on here) and that did the trick. Have you tried any supplements? I'm thinking I may next month if I'm out.

I've been taking calcium, iron and folic acid for 3 months... Although I've skipped some on the calcium and iron cuz I was going through them so fast, and they are so expensive ($10-$18 from my dr) but folic acid I've stayed taking 2x daily to get 800mg, I know recommended is usually 1000 so I may take more.
My boobs are starting to hurt more :'(

Sore boobs sounds like a good sign. Mine hurt the day after O but not a twinge since. Honestly the only weird symptom I have is (tmi) this white, super stretchy ewcm for days. Everything is still very wet up there. Hoping it's a good sign but I can't remember my other pregnancies that well.
And good on you for taking such good care of yourself!

9 dpo and tested and it was a bfn. My temp also went down.

I'm testing on the 1st of November I'm 6 dpo had my hsg this month so praying that's had helped and I get my bfp this month x

I'm not sure what dose you're taking but my patients (I'm a nurse) generally take vitamin d 50,000 units weekly for 6 weeks and then vitamin d 1000 units daily from then on. Most of the population has a vitamin d deficit so don't deal out too much. And don't forget the calcium as well!

I take a shop bought vitamin d which is 10mcg a day.

9dpo and woke up with sore breasts so I took it as a sign and tested. BFN of course. I have no will power when it comes to POAS. I need an intervention. AF is due on Halloween so I suppose I really need to try to hold out a bit longer.
Anybody else cave and test early?

I take a shop bought vitamin d which is 10mcg a day.

We use units for vit d over here so I'm not sure what that's equal to.

Yes it's still early, just struggle to stay positive after so long trying x

Hi Ladies, I just got back from annual pap with my OBGYN and he totally depressed me.

See the last page of my journal. I'll see if I can cut and paste it here too. Would love your input.

Here is my journal entry:

Ok, so I am a little discouraged. Here's why…I haven't voiced my age concern yet and I'm pissed bc my doctor just made it an issue.

So I go into my annual OB appt and they ask what's new. He said "I understand you're trying to get pregnant." I said "yes, it's my first cycle and I'm only 9dpo". They give me a test (urine test) BFN. So he starts saying - how was it with your other two. I admit, which I shyly do here out of respect to those who have a harder time trying, that I got pregnant the first time with both. He then says, "yah, don't be surprised with your age if it doesn't happen that way now." Lucy is only 1.5 year old. Did things change that much??? But with that being said, he goes on to say, come back in a few months because we can try Clomid. No way jose. I can't risk multiples at my age. And do I really need to just because I'm 40 and got a negative 9dpo?

Then I told him we are taking a "nonchalant approach" to getting pregnant. I didn't dare say we are trying the Shettle Method with DTD just once at the sign of the + OPK. He say, yah, you won't get pregnant if you aren't having sex before your +OPK test. WHAT?! So why do we all waste our money on OPKs if they don't work that way. Am I crazy?

So now I don't feel pregnant and feel like he cursed me to get pregnant. I know it sounds ridiculous but thats how down I feel right now. Nothing like a depressing doctor's appt.

I'm 37 and I'm understanding exactly how you feel. We too are the lucky ones who got pregnant on the first try but everything I read on google makes me think those days are over. (And my youngest is 15 months old) But after seeing all of these amazing ladies try so long, I feel guilty even hoping to get lucky one more time. But the heart wants what the heart wants.
I'm sorry your OB lacked was so harsh with you. Mine mentioned all the complications of us advanced maternal age mamas but hasn't offered drugs at least.
Is this your first month trying? It's ours but we only BD twice so I'm not hugely optimistic. And I tested BFN on 9dpo as well. But I'm not due til Friday so here's hoping!

Oh aren't doctors nice...I thought sperm travelled quickly so having sex the day before you ovulate is still in plenty of time. I don't think you can know at this point whether it will be easy or hard and certainly a bfn at 9 dpo doesn't mean you won't get pregnant. Try not to let it get you down. Hopefully it won't take long and you can go back and say in your face!!!

Xxx

Thanks ladies! It is our first cycle trying for another. And we DTD once on the second day I tested positive on the OPK because we are trying out the Shettle method. Calling the doc names and hoping my cup of my non-pregnant pee fell on him makes me feel better. :haha:

I mean, the more I think about it, he did treat me like a number. My blood pressure was 108 over 66. For a 40 year old I think that's an indicator that I'm in good health.

I am also starting to question my chart! I had a strong OPK Tuesday night and Wednesday am. Then when I tested Wednesday evening it was lighter so I thought the surge was going down. Well even though I know you aren't suppose to count FMU, Thursday am it was super strong but super light later that day. So maybe I'm 8dpo and not 9dpo since it spanned over 3 day time periods? :shrug: I don't know. I'm probably overanalyzing.

Thank you again for your listening ear! xoxox

I feel like based on my mood right now, AF will show, UGH! I'm in such a bad mood! Maybe I will be better once I eat! But I'm like so mad..... I'm having a glass of wine.... Please don't judge!

Judgement free zone here. Enjoy! Hope tomorrow is better!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->