5 Facts..

I would like to play too! Hm I'm kinda boring but let's see...

1 I was born in Switzerland but have triple citizenship, France, Switzerland and Romania. My father is a quarter Romanian, a quarter Greek, a quarter Norwegian and quarter Russian. My mum is half German, half Hungarian.

2 I can touch my nose with my tongue and yes it looks disgusting but my boys are in awe. :haha:

3 I have been able to produce voluntary nystagmus (horizontal eyeflutters) since I was a kid and that too looks freaky. lol

4 I am probably the oldest mummy on here. Sigh.

5 I cannot think of anything else interesting about me. lol oh yes, another weird thing I can do is bend just the last joints of my fingers while keeping my middle ones straight.

I tried to upload a video of me doing the eye wiggle but the file is too large. Have a pic of my yucky hand instead lol
View attachment 1089945

Oh wow, Terry and Holly can do this with their eyes too. I had no idea there was a name for it! They are the only people I know (apart from you now!) who can do this. It looks like they are vibrating their eyeballs. I wondered whether it was genetic. Holly always shows it to everyone she meets, it's her party trick! :haha:

I would like to play too! Hm I'm kinda boring but let's see...

1 I was born in Switzerland but have triple citizenship, France, Switzerland and Romania. My father is a quarter Romanian, a quarter Greek, a quarter Norwegian and quarter Russian. My mum is half German, half Hungarian.

2 I can touch my nose with my tongue and yes it looks disgusting but my boys are in awe. :haha:

3 I have been able to produce voluntary nystagmus (horizontal eyeflutters) since I was a kid and that too looks freaky. lol

4 I am probably the oldest mummy on here. Sigh.

5 I cannot think of anything else interesting about me. lol oh yes, another weird thing I can do is bend just the last joints of my fingers while keeping my middle ones straight.

I tried to upload a video of me doing the eye wiggle but the file is too large. Have a pic of my yucky hand instead lol
View attachment 1089945

Haha I can do the finger/hand thing too.

I would like to join :thumbup:

1. I can wiggle my little toes independently they have a mind of their own :haha: and it freaks my DH out

2. I have 11 piercings

3. 2020 has by far been one of the worst years for me (turned 40 during lockdown, my sister was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, found out it is genetic - SHIT)

4. I am never happier than when I am dancing

5. I love colouring in

My dad could do the tongue/nose thing - weird, but very amusing, it always made us laugh.

I could possibly challenge you for the oldest mum title (at least I feel that when I realise most of the mums of 10 year olds are still in their thirties or early 40's)

You are all selling yourselves short when you think you're not very interesting. It's fantastic to get to know all the wee daft things that make us all who we are. In real life we may never get to a point where we'd speak to each other at the school gate and yet here we are, from all over the place, bringing smiles and a bit of joy to each others day, that's special :hugs:

Aw thanks! And I agree it is fun finding out weird stuff like this :)
As for age, I am reluctant to speak the number of horror but let's just say I had turned 42 when I had my boys. ;P

Oh wow, Terry and Holly can do this with their eyes too. I had no idea there was a name for it! They are the only people I know (apart from you now!) who can do this. It looks like they are vibrating their eyeballs. I wondered whether it was genetic. Holly always shows it to everyone she meets, it's her party trick! :haha:

How cool is that! :D I only ever met one other person who could do it. In fact, when I was little a friend of mine could do it and I wanted to too and when I tried, I was surprised that I could. But apparently there are only 8 to 10% of the population who can but I wonder if maybe many more people could but just never tried.

Haha I can do the finger/hand thing too.

I have since looked it up and apparently what we have is called hypermobility. But I only have that in my fingers (and my tongue? :haha:), I can also bend them back more than to 90 degrees angle but I cannot twist my thumb down to my arm or press through my elbows or anything like that. Can you?

Last edited:
As for age, I am reluctant to speak the number of horror but let's just say I had turned 42 when I had my boys. ;P

Ds3 is hypermobile, he doesn't do that with the tips of his fingers but his thumbs go at really weird angles and loads of his other joints bend too far. Dh and a few of the others are the same in their elbows and wrists but ds3 can honestly look like he's fallen off a building when I wake him up in the mornings, he's so mangled up

How cool is that! :D I only ever met one other person who could do it. In fact, when I was little a friend of mine could do it and I wanted to too and when I tried, I was surprised that I could. But apparently there are only 8 to 10% of the population who can but I wonder if maybe many more people could but just never tried.

I have since looked it up and apparently what we have is called hypermobility. But I only have that in my fingers (and my tongue? :haha:), I can also bend them back more than to 90 degrees angle but I cannot twist my thumb down to my arm or press through my elbows or anything like that. Can you?

I was 41 and a half when I had my son, I'll be 52 this Christmas.

I can do the bendy fingers thing, and can touch my thumbs to my wrists, only realised it was hypermobility when a chiropadists told me I had it I'm my feet!!

3. 2020 has by far been one of the worst years for me (turned 40 during lockdown, my sister was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, found out it is genetic - SHIT)
Twag, I'm sorry you've had to deal with this on top of everything else this year. I hope your sister is doing ok? My cousin went through surgery last year after finding out there was a family genetic breast cancer issue, she has recovered amazing.

Oh, and 11 piercings - you couldn't fit all of those in your ears??

Funny I was only talking to a Mum friend as her daughter had hypermobility but her joints can pop out of place (ouch) I can only really do the hand thing that I've noticed x

Just tried the thumb to wrist thing and I can only do it on right hand ha ha

I was 41 and a half when I had my son, I'll be 52 this Christmas.

Ah it makes me feel better to know there is another mummy here of a similar age on here :D

Funny I was only talking to a Mum friend as her daughter had hypermobility but her joints can pop out of place (ouch) I can only really do the hand thing that I've noticed x
It seems to be a family thing, my sisters knee popped out often when we were growing up and my nieces always had issues with their knees and hips for a few weeks around any growth spurts, but it normally settles down.

I would like to join :thumbup:

1. I can wiggle my little toes independently they have a mind of their own :haha: and it freaks my DH out

2. I have 11 piercings

4. I am never happier than when I am dancing

5. I love colouring in
I’m sorry about your sister hun, I hope she is ok xx

I love finding out about each other. I don’t really have many people I class as friends where I live so it’s nice having you guys, bnb always had a special place in my heart and now I remember why xx

I love finding out about each other. I don’t really have many people I class as friends where I live so it’s nice having you guys, bnb always had a special place in my heart and now I remember why xx
It's a lovely place. I only usually come on at Christmas but maybe we should find a way to chat year round x

It's a lovely place. I only usually come on at Christmas but maybe we should find a way to chat year round x
That’s what I’ve been like as I’m a bit bad at staying in contact with people :oops: I do need to try and be better, this year has shown me that x

I love BnB too, shame it is so much quiter than it used to be though!

It's a shame it is so quiet these days, it used to be so busy

I will go !

Facts about me:

1. I am double jointed in my left arm which freaks DH out !

2. I hate driving in the winter.

3. I’ve had tinnitus for nearly 2 years yayyy!!

4. I love seeing my children happy , healthy and enjoying their childhood

5. In the future I would like to have an extension built onto the side of the house and have a big family kitchen ! Or just move to Florida haha

That’s what I’ve been like as I’m a bit bad at staying in contact with people :oops: I do need to try and be better, this year has shown me that x
I totally agree . I’ve actually re connected with a few friends from years ago . Crazy we all have husbands , kids and mortgages . I still think we are all 21 and party girls :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->