5th baby

I used to hate it, MIL suggested it for ds1 and I literally think I hated it because she liked it :haha: it was her grandads name and we always include a family name though usually in the middle. It's grown on me over the years though and I actually think it's really cute now, and there's lots of possibilities for nicknames, ds4 could even call him Ben if he wanted to hahaha

Ooo I love Noah and Reuben! Lovely names ! DDs wanted to call DS after ponies hahahaha x

I wouldn’t even bother asking anyone else’s opinions, someone will bound to annoy you that this don’t approve of your name choice ! I liked Amelia/Sophia for DD2 but no one else did apart from me and DH and it really put me off . Should DS have been a girl those would have still been my name choices !

I can't remember where I've said what now :haha: but no one made a fuss over the name and DH really likes Isaac but it's my friends son's name and very similar to ds2 who is Zac, so I think we are going Reuben Noah Isaac as the other boys all have 2 middle names

Ah ive just read through all this and really felt for you. Im pleased you are coming round to another boy. Im in a similar situation amd its beginning to get to me. Its not me who has a preference its my partner, he would love a boy, he has a daughter from a previous marraige and has always wanted a boy. He openely told me he was gutted when tehy found out she was a girl. I have a boy and twin girls.
He says he would love a boy but would be just as pleased with a girl.
Thing is its not just his reaction im concerned with uts his families as rehy know how much hr wants a boy. Its got me all chewed up which he knows. We lost a baby at easter and it hurts that his family are so vocal about the preference. Anyway we have booked an early scan for a week tomorrow to find out. I should be so excited but im more nervous i think. Also he too has been saying stupid names and that too has uspet me as i feel its just a joke this pregnancy to people.
Oh and as for girly stuff, my twins are so different, one loves pink n mermaids n the other loves dinosaurs n dragons. Theyre both energetic and not girly where frills and bows come into it. Mote like theyd rather climb trees. My son however wouldnt be seen dead playing footy or climbing a tree lol. Ignore ur sister in law too. Some people are prats.

Good luck for your scan. I've been doing really well, we have a name and I've finally started buying bits. When the Christmas tree goes back in the loft the baby clothes will come out. The boys seem excited, and DS4 who didn't want a baby to begin with has been saying thing like "he can have my cushion." DH did tell me the other day that DS4 had asked him if "mum can have a girl next time" and it was a little sad there won't be a next time, but there's a certain amount of closure and relief that I don't have that stress of TTC and will it be a girl or boy and how will I react to deal with any more. I just want to concentrate on enjoying my baby. I wished away the end of DS4 pregnancy just so we could TTC again and ended up with a 6 year gap anyway so it didn't do me any good haha I've spent my entire adult life either wanting to TTC, TTC, pregnant or with a new baby. I was just 18 when I decided I wanted to have a baby the first time. I'm 33 now!

Aww your DSs are too cute !

Your name choice is lovely too , not one you hear that often where I live !

You’ve got the rest of your life now to enjoy your wonderful boys without the worries you had while TTC etc . Shame that we waste our lives away sometimes worrying I’m the worst!

Aww fab I’d be more excited getting the baby stuff down than the Christmas decorations , must be lovely still having a buzz about the house after the excitement of Christmas !

Good luck with your scan Fidget , must be so hard when one of you is more vocal about the gender . Especially when the family is involved too ! Hopefully he will come around no matter what the gender is.

Good luck

The rest of my order should be delivered today.
I've still got quite a bit to go on my list, but a few close friends have offered me some bits so I've got to be patient where they are involved haha
Last night I just had an image of laying there feeding a tiny new born. It was really nice.

A friend announced that her first grandchild (a girl) was born last night. When she first announced the pregnancy I really hoped it would be a boy, then when it was a girl I was sad, but actually looking at the pictures of the baby all I can think is how I can't wait for my little boy and those new baby snuggles. Those first few days living in a bubble and the excitement of announcing his birth and his weight and all that stuff. Wondering who he'll look like and of he'll have dark hair like the others did.

There's something in the water round here. Today someone I know announced her 4th son had been born on Thursday. Our kids go/went to the same primary school and in the time that I've been going there she's the 4th person to have 4 boys. Literally only ever known 1 person with 4 and 1 person with more than 4 in my whole life, then all of a sudden there's enough of us to make a group :haha:

Oh that’s cool that you will have a mummy friend with a baby close in age ! You could all get together for play dates !

Her eldest was in my second son's class at primary, her second is the year above my youngest although they are only 4 months apart, they are June and October babies, then she has another in between, and now the babies will be in the same class as we only have one class per age group at our school. I wasn't sure if she was having a boy or a girl though, as she kept it off Facebook, I only knew because of a passing comment she made just before I fell pregnant, and I've spent the whole time since thinking that she'll probably have a girl because surely there couldn't be another 4 boy mum at the school in such a short space of time, and worrying how I'd feel.

Having a bit of a dip today. Not sure why. Could just be that I'm tired and ill, or that I've been asked several times today if I would have liked a girl, what am I supposed to say to that? I was really excited and only a few hours ago was saying how I can't wait to meet him, I've finally found the clothes I want to take in my hospital bag after a good 10 weeks of searching and finding nothing. You'd think it would be when I was struggling to find clothes I wanted to buy or a name that I liked that I'd be sad about it, but I have a name and the clothes and now feel low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->