• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***(61) 2015 November Sparklers***

Congrats littlesteph!! Ahh babies are coming fast now lol! Glad you and baby Tom are ok and I hope he heals up quickly and you can go home. Can't wait to see pics!!

Mrs Bump Good luck tomorrow! I hope you go into labor tonight but if not, best wishes for a very smooth induction and healthy baby. <3

Mimzy you're so welcome!! I'm really glad it helped you! Part of my Hypnobabies program is a track I listen to daily with just positive affirmations, it is soo helpful. It's kind of like crowding out all the negative thoughts with positive ones. From everything I've learned, positive thoughts and relaxing your body through the contractions is the best way to lower your pain and help your birth progress smoothly and quickly. When you fight the pain and tense up is when it makes it hurt more and slows things down. Surrender to the sensations lol. I bet you will do awesome and conquer your fears!! :)

Texmel glad your labs are looking good! If you are all good hopefully they will let your baby cook as long as he needs!

Congratulations littlesteph

Good luck today Mrs bump

Still pregnant stubborn little miss lol

Huge congratulations Steph. Really hope he's out of that incubator soon so you can get some cuddles. X

Sweep didn't work fully. Had several bouts of contractions but they stopped around 1am. Hopefully they have helped in some ways though. Also lost quite a bit of old brown blood which I'm assuming is plug/bloody show so it was still worth doing I think. Just hope tmrw goes ok and this little guy doesn't end up in nicu and hopefully no section for me either. I'm seemingly way calmer about this labour than anyone else in my family, apart from Daniel who has no idea what's happening.

Congratulations littlesteph! Can't wait to see a photo of the little guy :)

Congratulations littlesteph!

Currently lying in bed panicking ever so slightly as I'm having some strong period type cramps that intensify every now & again. my bodies also clearing itself out. I'm not panicking because of the pain, im panicking ill not realise when they are 'real' contractions & it'll all happen too fast as I've been downing cups & cups of RLT since 32 weeks. Need to calm down & go with it else my anxiety will take over :-(

I should add I ate a whole pineaaple core whilst bouncing on my ball last night... possible upset stomach? oops...

Congratulations Steph!!

Good luck today MrsBump!

Oooh Coral I hope this is it!! Don't worry, you'll know! You can start timing a few of them once an hour to see if they are regular, might help you be a little more sure of when they become real labor. All will be well don't worry! :)

Still waiting for a space to have my waters broken. Very bored but must be remaining chilled as bp is well down. Oh the irony.

Thank you lome, they continued for an hour then stopped. Started back up again at 1 for another hour. Currently walking to school to pick my
Daughter up & I'm not in pain so im guessing they're just practice contractions xx

Congrats Littlesteph!

Good luck today Mrs.bump!

Hoping those contractions turn into real ones for you, coral!

I'm downing cups of RLT, taking RRL caps, taking EPO twice a day and inserting vaginally at night! Come on, cervix!

Lilsteph Congrats!!! so glad to hear baby is here and healthy! :happydance:
and thats amazing he made it to full term I know you were hoping for that!

Mrs_bump hope things are going smoothly today:hugs:

So today is the day DH guessed baby would come. He still thinks today is the day :haha: I see my midwife this afternoon. I know she is going to be shocked to see me, she didn't think I'd make it to my appointment this week. I'll update after if anything exciting is happening.

Twag Hang in there :hugs: do you have plans for induction? Are you trying any natural methods at home?

I have tried every home remedy for getting this baby out and nothing so far :(

I will see midwife on Saturday when I am a week late and she will do a sweep and book induction date :(

My Dad & brother think tomorrow
My sister thinks Saturday at the latest!! So who knows!

Good luck with your midwife appointment today
I haven't seen mine since 38 weeks :-\

Wow Twag can't believe they let you go three weeks without seeing you! I'm on weekly visits since 37 weeks. Issy must just need a little more time to cook, hang in there! :coffee:

Acupuncture for me today, haven't gone for a session since March lol. Just wanted to get a little energetic alignment and see if it helps with my thyroid/platelet levels, but also just for a "tune up" to make sure everything is ship shape for labor etc.

Getting so curious of when the big day will be, so much suspense here in the last few weeks!! Some days it feels like it's going by fast and others super slow. Feels kind of surreal to think about having a wee tiny baby in our lives soon though! :wacko:

Thank you ladies, Tom came out of the incubator this morning and is doing well, I ended up having to have morphine at lunch time as the pain just got unreal, think I tried doing too much too soon, luckily Tom won't be effected by that as not breastfeeding due to not being able to with my other 2, hubby didn't want me to get myself all upset about failing at breastfeeding again so suggested it would be best not to, midwives have been really supportive about it. We are hoping to be going home tomorrow.

Good luck mrsbump hope you weren't waiting for a bed too long

Someone mentioned that their pains were like period pains that intenstived. Sorry can't remember who, but that's how mine were. They started of as period pains and as the contraction went on the pain got more intense. Hope your not waiting too long for baby.

Another bought of 5 min apart contractions at 5pm. So that's 9-10, 1-2 & 5-6. What's going on little one? My bodies definetly gearing up if anything...

Had my midwife appointment and sort of disappointed. I've made no progress from last week. Still only 2cm and she said cervix is a little softer. She did say with my son being sick last week and me not wanting to "release" him could of put things on hold. She guesses I'll have him this weekend but if I don't I have to come in for a stress test on Monday. I guess I was just hoping for a more exciting appointment and some more progress :dohh:

I didn't have her sweep my membranes and now I'm sort of thinking maybe I should of? I really don't want them to start getting paranoid and talking about induction :nope:

Aw don't worry Mimzy, you've still got 16 days before you're at 42 weeks so I'm sure you'll have him by then! I would chill out with a nice bath tonight and get some good relaxation going, maybe have a little inner conversation with baby & tell him you're ready whenever he is! :)

Sounds like pre-labor, Coral!! Which is generally when the contractions are helping to position baby better for delivery. FX'd!! :dust:

Steph, glad to hear baby Tom is out of the incubator and doing well! I hope your pains settle down :hugs: And its good that your midwives are supportive of however you choose to feed the baby - in the end, the most important thing is that the baby is being fed! :thumbup:

Mimzy, I hope he's here by this weekend! The waiting game is no fun. :/

Y'all know what's crazy? I MISS my bump. Like crazy bad. I was even sitting here earlier contemplating what a fourth child would be like lol - BANISH THE THOUGHT. :haha:

So glad Tom is out the incubator Steph.

As for me ended up in floods of tears last night. They put me in a side room because I upset the others by telling the midwife my birth story from last time. They eventually let me home for a few hours (1-6). I'm just heading back now but it may well not happen today either. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->