8 dpo looking for buddies " 4 BFP" "Welcome Jacob "(old thread )

Well, it looks like we're back to the drawing board. We had chosen a new sperm donor for this cycle based on traits and heritage, but his sc numbers were really low... as in, under 10million. Called our doc and he expressed that he is ADAMANTLY OPPOSED to us using this donor. I asked him about doing 2 inseminations this month or about combining 2 samples to double the number/chances and he said he will "do whatever we want" but he is still adamantly opposed to this donor. He said he would rather see us not inseminate this month versus using sub-par sperm. Unfortunately, I think he is right. It is sad, cause this guy was perfect for us... and with DPs strict requirements re: donors heritage, our options are very few and far between. This guys GOOD samples are soldout, and there are no more coming.

Nurse asked why we had decided to change donors... I explained that in addition to financial concerns, DP has a "Three strikes and you're out" mentality re: donor sperm. Nurse said that's not a terribly bad idea.

Soooo... now we are on the hunt again for a new donor... but we have to have one picked, purchased and shipped by tomorrow afternoon... and unfortunately, it looks like we may have to go with California Cryobank... they are a great bank from what I hear, but it is unfortunate because they are SO DANG EXPENSIVE!! Instead of going $300 cheaper with the sub-par guy, we are now going to have to go $200 higher!! :cry: I dunno if we can swing it ... :shrug: DP is going to crunch some numbers tonight to see what we can do.

I woner if I have anything of value I can pawn :haha: :blush: :haha:

REALLY hoping to not have to cancel this month since I'm already taking the Clomid.

Aaaaaand now I find out that the donor we have been using the last three months has NO vials left!

So now... I don't even have a backup plan!

SHOOT ME NOW!

Hello!!!

@hitthejackpot, wow!, I thought that the donors price was around the $50 to maybe $300, depending on how far it has to travel to get to your doctor. I googled the "Cryobank" and I am still in shock. They charge from subscription, to storage, every step is a fee, even is you want to see a childhood photo!. This people are making a fortune out of people in needs :growlmad:. I am sorry :hugs::hugs: :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:.

@mzswizz, happy workout in training.

As for me cd 13, waiting for ovulation. Today was mine and dh day off, we had plan to go out on a date on our day off, but being so tired the last few days we just en up staying home and relaxing, we had the best time ever. I guess we need to missed each other more often :blush:.

The water drinking is making wonder, I have so much ewcm that I am kind of worried that it's not too much, make me think like it might drown dh little swimmers :haha:. I am happy that I did not spend my money on the preseed, it does pay to go the natural way. What would I do without google.

Thanks Ladies. This is hard! Everything that happens, I'm writing it down and wondering if....maybe? I don't think I will test anytime soon. However, I already bought several test (different brands) just in case.

I have been crying all day about nothing! My stomach is still sour, breast were sore this morning (sore starting at my armpits), I vomited some yellow stuff this morning while brushing my teeth (that was a first), insomnia (it's 2:24 a.m. now and I have to be at work at 8:00 a.m. and I'm up like it's 2:24 p.m.), cramping in my lower stomach and I kinda feel like I have a fever. But like I said, I may be reading to much into my symptoms, so I am going to just chill and see if AF shows her ugly face! I don't want to get my hopes up only to be let down.:dohh:

I hope things are going well for everyone else. Please continue to post your symptoms, it is a comfort to know that I'm not the only one waiting. I'm sending tons of baby dust your way!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

SN: I know that supriseme- should be spelled surprise me....my 7 year old god-daughter always says that to me...and she spells it that way too. I thought I would use it because she is one of the reasons I soooo want to be a mother, she is a joy!:kiss:

Thanks again for the advice, I really appreciate it!:hugs:

Skittles - I know, right? They charge for EVERYTHING... and it is completely nauseating. Talk about taking advantage of people in an already bad situation :growlmad: - more about that in the AFM section.

MzSwizz - How goes it??

Supriseme - it all sounds good so far! Hang in there!

We ended up finally choosing a donor at about midnight last night. One that I had wanted DP to look at earlier in the day but she ruled out because he wasn't Danish at all. I was in tears and convinced that we were going to have to cancel the iui for this month... so she agreed to look at this guy again.

I don't know what it was, but something about this donor's profile sparked DPs interest... enough that when I asked if she she wanted to buy his extended profile/pics etc she said "absolutely!" (yeah, THAT cost us $65... and we only have access to it for 7 days! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:). I'm so very glad that we did. He had 11 pictures available, from baby to adult...his chin, nose and smile look SOOOO much like DP's~! She was so excited! Because his looks are so similar to hers and because we loved his profile so much, she wants to move forward and use him this cycle, even though he isn't Danish! She said the baby may not be Danish by birth, but he/she will be by heritage and tradition!" :happydance: :awww:

What cemented our decision was at the end of his personal essay, the question was asked of him "What is your motivation for sperm donation?" (the typical answers we have seen were "I need the money ... but if I help someone in the process, then swell.") Our new donor's answer literally brought us both to tears instantly... he said simlpy "To help a family that is waiting for their little gift from God." :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :awww: :awww:

Another bonus... this donor is "willing to be identified" to the child when he/she turns 18 years old. I have ready so many stories of cryo-children (hate that term) that are going through legal battles to try to find out who their anon donor was... and also stories from parents that wish that they had considered using a known donor ... because their children are missing something in their lives by knowing nothing about their biology... I was adamantly opposed to using an open donor for a long time... until I started reading these stories. Now I'm excited to have an open donor!

Oh my gosh... I just realized how long winded I'm being... so sorry! Hope you've stuck with me this long :blush::haha:

As for the cost, Skittles, I'm with you. Just this month alone: $65 to "buy" the donor's profile to be able to view it for 7 days, $565 for ONE vial of donor sperm, $175 for shipping, $35 for them to search through the donor's vials to provide the best available with the highest motility/sperm count (shouldn't they do that for FREE????), $200 for follicle check ultrasound, $300 for one IUI procedure, $30+ in copays for Clomid and HGC trigger :growlmad: :dohh:. What is that... $1,370 I think.... PER MONTH!!! AND if you want to get a copy of the photograps, they charge $25 per photo to purchase a 4x6 copy of EACH PHOTO...no way in HELL I'm doing that!, and if you want to listen to an audio interview with the donor, that's ANOTHER $35........ it goes on and ON!

Ohhhh.... I better digress before I go through the roof.

Okok, I need to head off to my second job. Will check in with you ladies tonight! Smoochies!!

Just coming for a quick update. I am at work and just been pretty busy spending time with DH. FF has now put that i didnt ov. For now, thats a good thing because i dont need to get pregnant right now. Also, i told my recruiter i want to leave earlier than November so now i just wait and see if i can do that. Just been busy getting everything sorted out and just been exercising and spending time together.

Hello!!!

@hitthejackpot. I am glad that everything worked out for you guys. I also congratulate you and dp on your decision on having an open donor. It does make it easier on your child in the long run. Your situation makes me appreciate dh little swimmers a little bit more, after trying for so long I forget that it takes two for it to happen. Thank you

@supriseme. No, your name did not seem weird to me. We all have a story being our name. Skittles for me is the treat that dh used to bring on every date that we had. He came empty handed on our first date, which was a blind date, so I joke about the fact that he could of bought me skittles and I would of been happy. I still get skittles once in awhile. So, how are you?, feeling any better, any new symptoms?

@mzswizz, the day is tomorrow, wowww, it feels like yesterday you told us that dh was going for the Navy. Now both of you are in route to a new beginning. Happy :bodyb: to you and dh.

As for me cd 14 and the ovulation pain started just about 1/2 hour ago :happydance:, about time. I had already finish typing my post, but something happen and I had to start all over again, so my previous post was saying that I had not ovulated yet. Oh well, it keeps me from saying it tomorrow :haha:. Last night was weird, I had a sharp pain on my right ovary that lasted for like 3 mns, it was so painful that it woke me up. I guess every ttc cycle brings something new.
][/FONT]

Hello!!!

@kaiecee. I logged on early so I could find out if everything had went well at your first doctor appointment. Did you had a scan done?, did they prescribed you any medecine for your morning sickness?. I hope that everything went well :hugs:.

As for me 1 dpo or maybe more, I am not too sure because I have been feeling crampy for a few days now. The sharp pain on my right ovary comes and goes. I hope it's not an ovarian cyst. I haven't had one in a while. Let's hope not. At the same time, my left ovary is hurting also, it feels like af is on its way, weird.

Ok, I am going to take some tylenol and go to bed, I feel like crap.

Skittles
Im guessing ur asking about me but I think u wrote the wrong name lol

So yes I got meds but I knew that would happen should have started them right away but didn't I have been so sick the crazy thing is they say since they feel I'm having a good pregnancy not counting the ms that my first scan will only be at almost 19 weeks August 24th so crazy I've always had an early scan but because I had such a regular cycle .... They didn't attempt to hear heartbeat cuz she didn't want to freak me out since I'm only 8w5d which I completely understand cuz knowing me if I didn't hear it I'd panick for a full month till my next appointment but she was really nice the nurse and doctor and she told me that I should really think about a vaginal birth instead of a c section since I had 2 I was under the assumption that was what was gonna happen so I'll think about it I don't want anything down there Stretched lol

Other that that have u been good :) Ty for thinking of me :)

Sorry about the name, I think of you as a Staicee :haha:. I correct it.

Happy that they gave you meds for the morning sickness. I would hate to have morning sickness, for me throwing up is the worse :nope:. I hope that I don't have it, but with my family history, I might not be so lucky. Oh well, at least I'll have a baby at the end, it's worth it!!. As for the scan, hang in there, don't think too much about it and the time would go by fast.

hello ladies. glad everybody is doing well.

AFM, im cd38 and my temp is still low at 97.21. Seems like AF is on her way here. Hoping its sooner rather than later. As you can tell from my chart, my temps dropped very low and have stayed that way. So far, i am only getting loads of creamy cm and thats about it. Also, dh and I have been committed to dtd with protection. We really dont need any oopsies right now. Yesterday, DH and I went to our first DEP meeting/PT and did alot of drills etc. We did have fun, I must admit. Im still waiting on my recruiter to see if I can leave earlier than November to boot camp. Next week is my last week at the library before I start my new job :happydance: Im happy because my boss has been giving me hell ever since I put in my two week notice. Oh and DH resigned from his job like a week ago :thumbup: Im going to not be on as much seeing that DH will be leaving soon and we want to spend some QT together also these 2 weeks are going to be hectic with all the cleaning and preparing for him to leave. So im going to check in from time to time. Well thats it for me.

I'm 8dpo today and I'm trying hard not to cave in lol I'm still having slight cramping in my left uterus and no pains in my right...( I have two wombs) I know it's too warmly but is 9 or 10 dpo too early? Af is due next Tuesday. What other symptoms have you ladies had during there dragging 8 days?

Hi girls!! I only have a minute as I'm headed out the door to leave town for the day. wanted to let you know that I'm still here! :D

Going to my last little cousin's HS grad party today in my hometown with lots of family. REALLY looking forward to it! then home late tonight to be here for the follicle check at 9am. If that goes well, then IUI on Tuesday with sperm from the new donor... here's hoping! Have barely had any ovary pain at all, which is unusual for me on the clomid... not sure what tomorrow's follie check will tell us. We shall see

Love to all! Welcome Ms. Unique!

ms unique- 9 and 10dpo is early but its still possible to get a positive. usually during the dreaded tww i get cramping and loads of cm but thats just the norm for me and it doesnt happen every tww just sometimes.

@hitthejackpot-have fun on your mini vacation and congrats to your cousin!

AFM, im cd39 today and my temp is staying in the 97.20s range. My temp today is 97.28. Hoping it means AF is going to jump start soon. I have been having watery cm for the past few days now though and i know and I know it isnt leftovers from dh's soldiers because we have been dtd protected for like a week now. So i dont know whats going on with that but will get to the bottom of it :haha: Maybe its because im drinking more water :shrug: Oh well. AF needs to come already because im already 3 days late of normal AF. Today, Im at work and get off at 6pm. Next week is my last week here at the library and then its off to my new job :happydance: Next week will be dh's last week with me before he goes off to boot camp that following week :cry: Im going to miss him but hopefully i get to leave earlier than November so atleast we get to finish around the same time. So its been pretty busy with everything and we already started cleaning up and packing everything so we are going to be prepared for once we leave. :thumbup:

Hello ladies

@mzswzz, happy last week :happydance:

@Hitthejackpot, how did the iui went?, did you end up having ovary pain?

@supriseme, how are you, anything new, did you test yet?

As for me, 4 dpo and still having cramps off and on. Seems like it might be a cyst after all, yicks. I hope that it ruptures on its own. The stupid constipation started again, oh boy, everything and their mama is happening to me :haha:.

Good evening, ladies!! How is everyone?? :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sorry I was absent for the weekend...but had a great time with dp and my extended family at a cousin's grad party in my hometown. Rushed back home late Saturday night - after doing a culinary tour to get a taste of my childhood - and had our follie check this morning. It went great... Total of three follies that could contribute to pregnancy. One big one on left ovary at 25mm, and two on the right 18mm and 15mm. The one that is 15mm could possibly mature in time to release an egg, or it may not. No way to tell, but because it is right on the cusp of being mature, they're counting it as a possibility. Uterine lining was nice and thick, so .... all looks good for the IUI Tuesday morning at 9:45! :happydance:

Our shipment from the sperm bank will arrive tomorrow morning at the lab and will be put in a nice, invigorating jacuzzi bath Tuesday morning to wake up all the little swimmers. Got to get their tails thawed out and in motion for their swim upstream! :happydance:

Preparing to have some downtime and just relax with DP tonight before the hectic work week starts tomorrow, so will be sure to catch up with everyone tomorrow while at work.

Sending loves and baby dust!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hello ladies

@ kaiecee, hi!. How is everything going?

@hitthejackpot, my bad, I confused your follicles check and your iui :haha:, but, either way, good luck for tomorrow, I hope that follicle matures.

@mis unique, did you test yet?

As for me 5 dpo and I am having the worse tww ever. Last night was a nightmare, while dtd my stomach did not feel good at all. For a minute dh thought that he was doing something wrong. Barely 5 mns after, I ran to the toilet and I end up spending the whole night there. I had the worse diarrhea ever (tmi). Dh usually wakes up at 5 am for work and I get to prepare his breakfast and lunch. Today I was already up :haha:. I was finally able to get a relief when I had a yogurt. I went to bed at 7 am, I woke up at 12. I just had some kimchi stew with rice, I hope it helps. I read on google that sauerkraut was good for diarrhea, and since kimchi is the korean cousin of it, it would work too.

Since tcc, I had some bad tww, but this one wins over all the others. From cramps, painful nipples and upset stomach, I don't know what's next. I hope that af does not end up being a killer too.

Very sick most of the time expecially after sex lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"