8DPIUI ... no real symptoms

WAOW!!! well done!!! i am so happy for you!!!

I go for blood work today at 11am. (In about 1 hr and 22 minutes -- but who's counting :haha:)

I am SOOO nervous, I am actually getting sick to my stomach. [-o<[-o<

Thank you all so much!! This site has been a blessing!! :kiss::hugs:

I go for blood work today at 11am. (In about 1 hr and 22 minutes -- but who's counting :haha:)

I am SOOO nervous, I am actually getting sick to my stomach. [-o<[-o<

Thank you all so much!! This site has been a blessing!! :kiss::hugs:

Awesome! At least you don't have to wait weeks on end!! Keep us posted! :hugs:

I am absolutely SICK and just wanna vomit :cry:

My HCG levels came back VERY low ... 26.6, I am very scared there is something wrong. My heart is broken. I go back on Monday to re-test, if levels are the same I will die! :cry::cry::cry:

Anyone else go through this???????

awww hun, do NOT NOT NOT stress yet!!!! It isn't what the numbers are - it's the manner in which they are increasing that matter!!! Remember- it is still very early in the game!!! Do not feel bad at all! Just hang in there and wait and see. Worrying won't help at all- I know it's easy to do so .. but try not to! Check out this link:

https://www.baby2see.com/preconception/hcg.html

You are within the guidelines for where you are! Just check and see how much they've increased on Monday!! Lots and lots of hugs!!!! :hugs:

And in addition- I read COUNTLESS stories on 1st tri where numbers appear such and such way or they don't see something by the usual guideline- and the women are TOTALLY fine. I remember specifically one girl was told to have a d&c because the sac looked empty- but she insisted on waiting a week to be sure- and sure enough- there was a little one, heart beat and all- and she is half way through her pregnancy.

Hang in there hun! :hugs:

awww hun, do NOT NOT NOT stress yet!!!! It isn't what the numbers are - it's the manner in which they are increasing that matter!!! Remember- it is still very early in the game!!! Do not feel bad at all! Just hang in there and wait and see. Worrying won't help at all- I know it's easy to do so .. but try not to! Check out this link:

https://www.baby2see.com/preconception/hcg.html

You are within the guidelines for where you are! Just check and see how much they've increased on Monday!! Lots and lots of hugs!!!! :hugs:

And in addition- I read COUNTLESS stories on 1st tri where numbers appear such and such way or they don't see something by the usual guideline- and the women are TOTALLY fine. I remember specifically one girl was told to have a d&c because the sac looked empty- but she insisted on waiting a week to be sure- and sure enough- there was a little one, heart beat and all- and she is half way through her pregnancy.

Hang in there hun! :hugs:

Thank you!! I appreciate the support ... especially from people who really understand :) Some of my friends who had no problems getting prego just don't get it.

I guess what scares me is the bad cramping ... it didn't scare me as much before until now. I will absolutely lose my marbles if I start to bleed. My husband is trying to cheer me up by sending me a bunch of website from his work. I have found a couple sites that women say they had low numbers and everything was ok. I guess I just hate the fact that I'm comparing my last pregnancy with this one. When I was prego with my daughter at 14DPIUI my levels were almost 300 and now they are 26.6. Seems heart wrenching. I can't believe i have to wait 5 WHOLE days. This is torture.

:hugs: I *definitely* understand the worry- trust me- I do!!!

Cramping is 100% normal too my dear. It was actually the *only* symptom I had with my son and he's a totally healthy & adorable little 8 year old! I was scared crapless bc it was my first and my doc wouldn't see me until I was almost 8 weeks.. crazy- but cramping is extremely common!

The most important thing to is to make sure they are at least 50% higher after every 2 days... so it should be like 39 on saturday.. 59 on monday... that is the minimum they like to see from what I understand. So it should be between 59-104 if I am calculating correctly. I'll keep you in my prayers hun.. I know your worried, but trust that it will all be alright- and regardless- it *will* be! :hugs:

:hugs: I *definitely* understand the worry- trust me- I do!!!

Cramping is 100% normal too my dear. It was actually the *only* symptom I had with my son and he's a totally healthy & adorable little 8 year old! I was scared crapless bc it was my first and my doc wouldn't see me until I was almost 8 weeks.. crazy- but cramping is extremely common!

The most important thing to is to make sure they are at least 50% higher after every 2 days... so it should be like 39 on saturday.. 59 on monday... that is the minimum they like to see from what I understand. So it should be between 59-104 if I am calculating correctly. I'll keep you in my prayers hun.. I know your worried, but trust that it will all be alright- and regardless- it *will* be! :hugs:

Awww thank you, thank you, thank you.

I think my body is trying to do something but this progesterone cream is stopping it. My middle and left side starting shooting pains. I am going to call my doctor tomorrow. Something isn't right. I'm sure my stressing isn't helping much either. Although, I did have these horrendous cramps that woke me up last night and kept me up for about an hour. They have come and gone all day until recently and now they aren't going away. :shrug: :cry: Sorry girls, I know you probably wanna slap some sense back into me but boy do I feel down. :cry:

Please don't feel down my dear! The pains in your left side can also be common- it could VERY likely be a corpus luteum cyst.. which is *also* common and not a cause of concern as it usually resolves on it's own. I had one of those too! When I had my first appt with my doc- I brought it up- suggested maybe it was an ectopic- but he said that I wasn't doubled over in pain and no pain in my back and unlikely it's an ectoptic.. sooo if your pain level isn't TOO bad- then I wouldn't worry about that either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_luteum

When egg is fertilized

If the egg is fertilized and implantation occurs, the trophoblast cells of the blastocyst secrete the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG, or a similar hormone in other species). Human chorionic gonadotropin signals the corpus luteum to continue progesterone secretion, thereby maintaining the thick lining (endometrium) of the uterus and providing an area rich in blood vessels in which the zygote(s) can develop. From this point on, the corpus luteum is called the corpus luteum graviditatis. The introduction of prostaglandins at this point causes the degeneration of the corpus luteum and the abortion of the fetus. However, in placental animals such as humans, the placenta eventually takes over progesterone production and the corpus luteum degrades into a corpus albicans without embryo/fetus loss.

Lots of hugs! :hugs: The beginning is the hardest because it's just a waiting game. That's the thing though- you can do NOTHING to control or fix or improve anything at this point- and that's why it's so important to just trust right now that everything is great and that your little beanie is doing okay!! I know when you have to try so hard - anything negative that could potentially happen is that much more devastating- I know because I am going through it. But- even after my devastation- the sun IS shining more and more each day- been 2 weeks for me- and I *AM* optimistic about getting preggo soon. With that being said- just try and relax for now- that's the best thing you can do for you and your baby.

Just as a side note- if you are THAT concerned- you *could* (depending on how good your insurance is) go to the ER on Saturday and state your concerns- and you'll get your HCG drawn and know pretty soon how things are looking- just a suggestion if you're hurting and super worried. I honestly RAN straight to the ER when I had a concern- and wasn't good news for me- but @ least I knew it.

Definitely have faith though! :hugs:

HollyW -- you are truly an angel ... thank you for your continued support. May God bless you with having a baby -- your warm heart deserves it!!

Just a lil update, I was up the whole night in horrendous pain. I have never felt anything like this before in my life. Scared beyond belief. I woke up and the first thing I did was put a call into my fertility clinic. I can't wait for them to call me back. I am absolutely scared they are going to say something like "You're just gonna have to wait it out". If it's gonna happen, then I want it to happen now. If it's not, then I need them to reassure me somehow. I guess I don't understand why they can't refer me to some place that does blood on Saturday?! They have to know any woman trying to conceive for over 2 years has got to be completely scared beyond belief. Sigh...I hope they see it that way.

Anyhow, I will update you when I get my call. Hopefully soon .... hopefully!

:( I am so sorry you were in so much pain.

Whatever you do~ do *not* wait it out! Terrible pain is NOT normal even with a miscarriage- the only thing I can guess if it's not normal stretching pain- that the only other thing is if it IS a miscarriage (praying it's not!) that, it could be ectopic and you DO NOT play around with that- one of your tubes could burst and really turn into a problem. Not trying to scare you- I just want you to be okay! If they won't see you- ask them if they are really going to make you go to the ER because that is what you will do- tell them that and see if it gets them to budge. I would push hard to be seen if you are hurting so much. If they don't call you back within an hour or 2- call again.

I wholeheartedly know what you mean about if something bad is happening- let it just be over- my story was a HUGE HUGE mess- it dragged on for over a week and it was the worst week of my life- a lot of praying to just let it be over already. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I am still hoping it's all ok.. this can very easily still be a GREAT pregnancy! :hugs: Maybe you have 2 beans in there causing more stretching pain?? Definitely keep me posted hun! :hugs:

:( I am so sorry you were in so much pain.

Whatever you do~ do *not* wait it out! Terrible pain is NOT normal even with a miscarriage- the only thing I can guess if it's not normal stretching pain- that the only other thing is if it IS a miscarriage (praying it's not!) that, it could be ectopic and you DO NOT play around with that- one of your tubes could burst and really turn into a problem. Not trying to scare you- I just want you to be okay! If they won't see you- ask them if they are really going to make you go to the ER because that is what you will do- tell them that and see if it gets them to budge. I would push hard to be seen if you are hurting so much. If they don't call you back within an hour or 2- call again.

I wholeheartedly know what you mean about if something bad is happening- let it just be over- my story was a HUGE HUGE mess- it dragged on for over a week and it was the worst week of my life- a lot of praying to just let it be over already. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I am still hoping it's all ok.. this can very easily still be a GREAT pregnancy! :hugs: Maybe you have 2 beans in there causing more stretching pain?? Definitely keep me posted hun! :hugs:

I will try calling again in an hour or so.

I really don't know how you did it!! I give you an award for handling yourself so well! My sister had 5 miscarriages (ranging from 5 weeks to 16 weeks) and just could never know what that pain felt like. The thought makes you physically ill.

((SIGH)) I don't know how I did it either. I'm still very down @ moments~ especially @ night.. but I am trying so.very.hard. to just be positive. Wow, I couldn't imagine ...your poor sister~ one was excruciating~ I couldn't imagine 5. Has she had any successful pregnancies??

My clinic was worthless, they just said if cramps are unbearable go to the hospital. Peachy! Easier said than done, I have a hyper 2 year old running around and no one to watch her. Therefore, looks like a day of just "dealing with it" and wait till Monday.

Anyhow, my sister is currently in the hospital 35 weeks pregnant waiting to deliver. I am very happy that after 5 miscarriages she gets to hold her baby. (she has pre-eclampsia so she will be delivering early). She does already have 4 boys. I am just scared that I am going to follow her path.

Can you tell I am a pessimist?

that is sooooo frustrating :( That is disappointing honestly. And taking a 2 year old to the ER to sit and wait for hours on end IS NOT a cup of tea!!!!!!!!!

Well, I am glad your sister has 4 kids already and another on the way- a lot to go through though. I understand being a pessimist- I am trying *not* to be- it isn't easy- especially right now. I am so incredibly frustrated myself- like I wouldn't wish a mc on anyone but WHY did it have to happen to ME???? And I saw a girl smoking yesterday that was pregnant- I DO NOT GET THAT! It's unreal to me- the people who get preggo so freakin easy that don't even want or deserve it... people who don't appreciate what a blessing it really is.

Well, hopefully the cramps will ease up for you and it's just stretching and normal cramping.. I am keeping my FX'd for you!

How are you doing my dear??

Spent the WHOLE day at the hospital yesterday just to find out my Beta went from 26.6 to 23 -- We all know what that means :cry:

I got an ultrasound to ... the pain is actually coming from a hemorrhagic ovarian cyst.

She said it's too early to see where the baby implanted but since my levels didn't double but actually decreased there is very little hope for my bean.

I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. I do believe my tear ducts are dry now well at least until I go back to my fertility doctor tomorrow. I am scared to death of what that outcome will be. I guess what scares me the most is the "actual" miscarriage. When will it start? Will is be horrible? Can I manage to take care of my 2 year old while it's happening? Is my doctor going to give me meds or will I need a D&C? :shrug: This is such a horrible horrible horrible thing. :nope:

I'm with you about seeing people smoking while pregnant ... I have seen that more than once. But I am even more sensitive than that ... people swigging down caffeine, eating lunch meat, chowin down a piece of fish. When I was pregnant with my daughter I was so strict on myself. Nothing but that absolute best chance for my baby. Her womb consisted of pure perfection. Ok, sorry rambling on now....

Anyhow, I guess I will know more tomorrow. Ugh, not sure I wanna know more.

Thank you for chatting with me ... this certainly helps!

:cry: Oh no :( That's *AWFUL*

I am soooo incredibly sorry that you're going through this my dear - especially when you work SO incredibly hard just to get to this point. VERY frustrating :nope:

It's so hard to say if you do actually mc what it will be like- it's still super early so the positive is that there shouldn't be a lot to miscarry. I had a d&c @ what would have been 8 weeks- but the baby stopped growing around 6 weeks.. the 5 days I did bleed on my own was very similar to AF but very different types of cramps. I would guess they will let you try and mc naturally if it does happen just because it's so early. If you do get a d&c- or if you have that choice- I would go for it. I am a huge advocate of them as it pretty much resolved everything physically. Doesn't help emotionally of course.

I definitely understand about other women .. I read one post on the 1st tri where women actually *DEFENDED* themselves smoking "well, I had a healthy pregnancy blah blah blah... I was floored- I mean- talk about selfish- it's just 9 freaking months of your life to be a MOTHER and do what's best for your child. What are these people thinking?? :shrug: ((SIGH)) It's very, very frustrating.

You haven't had any bleeding or anything have you?? Hopefully you will know one way or another tomorrow. I personally wish I had my blood work done earlier like you did- because I might have prepared myself better- I didn't have blood work done until 6 weeks and that's when I knew- the levels barely rose at all- and then everything else hit the fan shortly after. I think I would have protected myself a little more emotionally than just assuming everything was great and wonderful for almost 2 months- when it clearly wasn't.

:hugs:

I saw your post in the mc section- they are a WONDERFUL bunch of ladies. I actually used to pretty much solely post in Assisted Conception- but once that happened- I only visit here on occasion as I can't have any fertility assistance until May. :growlmad: SUCKS.

I am really surprised your fertility doctor didn't do blood tests earlier. I really liked the way my clinic ran when I went there for my daughter (for the first time). They ran the first blood test at day 14 and 16, then at 6 weeks & 8 weeks they do ultrasounds. They even mailed me a congratulations card. Very cool place!

Unfortunately, I don't like how they handled my situation on Friday... but it's all up to who's working that day. Because everyone else had been so nice.

I still think you are so brave for all that you have gone through already! Truly an inspiration!! The OBGYN said the only reason that maybe I could consider D&C is because it speeds the process along quicker. But then again, she also said it could cause scar tissue so there's good and bad. Were you on progesterone?? I am very early in pregnancy but using this progesterone cream vaginally my uterus has become VERY thick. BUT, at least I know I won't be able to recognize anything resembling a baby this early on. I couldn't even imagine that! (My sister did an at home miscarriage around 10 weeks -- she said she saw everything--OMG I would die). Lets just hope it goes smoothly. I pray!

I haven't had any bleeding or spotting yet, although they say that progesterone can actually delay a miscarriage. I am guessing that's what is happening. My fert doc told me to continue using it till Monday's test. I assume that nature will take it's course when I stop it.

Man, you have to wait till May?? How many months is that --3?? I remember my sister said that after she had 1 normal period they could try again and boom 2 months after her miscarriage she was prego again. (But she NEVER had problems "getting" pregnant).

I'm assuming if all goes bad, I wont be visiting this section very often. I will be jealous of people TTC and I wont be able too! :( Oh well, in due time I guess.

Oh man, if only I could just fast forward time ... Life would be much better.

Well, I *could* have gone earlier and had my blood work done- but @ that time~ I didn't see the point having the mindset that there was nothing I could do to help or prevent anything @ that point- which is true- but in retrospect- I wouldn't have been blind for almost 2 months and at least been better prepared for it. I purposely waited to schedule my confirmation appointment hoping that if I waited til 6 weeks, I'd get an u/s- stupid, stupid.

A D&C does speed the process up- but when you go one through a week of torture in waiting for the heart to stop- and then 5 days of bleeding- you just want it done. Some people bleed 2-3 days and are done- others bleed for a month- and honestly- that 2 weeks was the hardest of my life- I didn't want it dragging on any more than it already had- and the sooner it was over- the sooner I could start TTC again. I did find a VAST majority of the women in the mc sections preferred a d&c as well. There is a minimal chance of scarring- but very rare- and sometimes when you mc naturally - it doesn't all come out and you end up needing a d&c anyway- it's like prolonged torture in my opinion. I give your sister a TON of credit for mc at home- that is EXACTLY what I wanted to avoid. NO WAY did I want to see the sac or the baby or ANYTHING that was recognizable. Talk about a nightmare.

I was never on progesterone- I had it checked before I started TTC and it was very good- and was very good throughout the pregnancy too. Too bad it wasn't enough :( Yes, I am sure it can delay a mc - but you definitely don't want to stop it until you are 100% sure- and @ this point- it's still in the air.

My doctor doesn't want any fertility meds in my body for 3 months- I can try on my own- and I WILL for sure - but no Clomid or IUI for 3 months. SUCKS and SUCKS some more. :cry: I am praying that maybe God willing we can just get preggo on our own and not have to go through that. My Dh had a slightly low count and low morphology- but surprisingly his #'s a few mos later when we had the IUI were A LOT better.. so I am optimistic about that. But the chances with an IUI are MUCH higher... and I obviously want to get preggo ASAP.

I said the exact same thing about trying to fast forward time- I just wanted it over. Here it is close to a month ( I can't BELIEVE THAT) later and I'm still not completely done- no AF yet- no clue when the heck it will show- it's a mess. I know how devastating this all is- I really do- the one thing I was grateful for in the whole entire mess is that it happened when it did- instead of being 12 weeks or knowing the sex of the baby... like if it had to happen- I'm glad it didn't go any longer, you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->