9.5 months and think I may have to stop :(

EmmaFTM

Reaction score
I fed my first daughter until she was 13 months and so am going to feel so guilty if I stop now but I've been bitten so bad and it's excruciating every time I feed my 9.5 month old. Anyone got through this and carried on? Need tips/encouragement.

Xx

Yes, my son would start to chew the tip whenever he started to fall asleep. Hurt like dicken. If you want to continue, enforce the no biting rule religiously. Some lansinoh and air time, and it should pass in a few days.

Yes, my son would start to chew the tip whenever he started to fall asleep. Hurt like dicken. If you want to continue, enforce the no biting rule religiously. Some lansinoh and air time, and it should pass in a few days.

Thanks. The trouble I have is that she hadn't just had a nibble but has cut a chunk out and it bled really bad. I've been using Lansinoh but it doesn't seem to be helping. It looked as though it was healing the other day but she bit again and it opened the wound again and we were back to square one. I'm so sad to admit defeat but I'm scared to feed her now; rather than having that lovely time with her, I fear it.

Try changing your feeding position to help the injured area heal. You can also get cooling pads which are sooooooooo nice and reduce inflammation which can cause pain.

If you have a good milk supply you could try resting your injured side for a day, or using breast shells - these sit inside your bra and stop the material rubbing on the injury but are not so good if your supply is a bit iffy.

If you need to stop, don't feel bad. 9.5 months is an amazing achievement - congratulations:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks. The trouble I have is that she hadn't just had a nibble but has cut a chunk out and it bled really bad. I've been using Lansinoh but it doesn't seem to be helping. It looked as though it was healing the other day but she bit again and it opened the wound again and we were back to square one. I'm so sad to admit defeat but I'm scared to feed her now; rather than having that lovely time with her, I fear it.

If you can find Polysporin, it is a LIFESAVER! It will help the area heal and my lactation consultant said it's safe for breastfeeding since it's absorbed right away.

9.5 months is totally respectable if you need to stop, though. I hope I can make it that long!

Thanks girls. I'm heading towards 10 months as I managed to feed through the pain. It was agony but it's very nearly healed now and she hasn't bitten for about a week and a half now. She still only has two bottom teeth and so I may have to cut and run when she gets the top ones as I'm not sure I want to find out what she can do with those!! I'd be happy to have reached 10 months but am bound to beat myself up as it's not as long as I fed my eldest daughter. Who knows, she may be over her biting phase and we may reach a year and beyond but, for now, I'm happy. X

Well done on working through it i admire you. My lo is also 9.5 months and has 2 teeth but it's a top one and bottom one on the same side. Twice she's bitten me and I've felt like the teeth met through my nipple. I squealed and pulled her away and said no very firmly and she cried. But she's been ok for a week or so now. I do think it passes when they realise it stops booby milk time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->