• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A Big Nerdy TTC and Preggers Party - Gamers/Dorks/Nerds/Enthusiasts Welcome

I had a job interview to be an art instructor today! I'm 95% sure I got it. I would love to get the job because it's only part time so it still gives me time for my freelance. Also, I love teaching others, especially children which is who I would start out teaching (then moving on to the older students, who are mostly retirees with disposable income).

I really hope I get it!

I agree with Bee Bee. I haven't read the books though. I know my friends have and they still love the season. They said they have no idea where it's going, but it's looking good haha.

Congrats Bee Bee! I hope you get it! I was sick so I forgot to apply to teach summer school with my school district. So I'm trying to apply locally. I'm over working at summer camps, I want to teach. Plus, the 9-12 work schedule for only June and July is magical.

In baby making news, SO came home late last night. He was supposed to do taxes, but I had a bad day at work so I was venting and then took a shower. I may or may not have worn some skimpy shorts, had the "why not" convo with him, and BD. I hope it doesn't come to bite me in the butt. Today is CD 13. I had some cramping on my right side yesterday morning and then more last night. So we'll see.

P.S. This is Magic, I totally forgot I made this account a few years ago.

Dobby- This would be my first teaching job, so I am excited about that :) I have just had art jobs in the past and no teaching experience but luckily with art theres no need for a teaching degree. But also this place does follow a certain curriculum that they will teach me.

Exciting! My other districts used to hire classified staff as art teachers. This district is supposed to hire credentialed staff since it's part of our release time, but they couldn't find someone. Just set the expectations at the start of every class and hold them to it. I know my kiddos give the art teacher a run for her money every week. I don't like to step in because I feel it only reinforces that they only have to listen to me, but she's definitely finding her groove. You'll be great!!!

I should point out I teach in a very affluent neighborhood with kids who have a general lack of respect for adults in general. They listen to me better than they do their parents. It's insane. Love them though.

Well done for making it through all those pages Magic, welcome! :D

Bee that sounds great about the job, hope you get it! I have just over 2weeks left at my job before I start a new one which will give me more time to geek out :haha: I think finding something that works around those hours will be hard but the position may increase in hours so we'll see.

I've been forcing myself on with my cosplay, the breastplate bikini is pissing me off! But it's starting to look half decent now, can't wait to get the details done so I can paint it!

Oooh! FXed for you Bee! That sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you. Any idea when you'd hear back?

In nerdy news I'm falling in love with a skirmishy table top game called Malifaux. I love the fluff behind the various characters.
As for GoT, it's not necessarily the first episode I'm worried about... it's the overall season, and I know once I get started I won't be able to stop even if someone says "The next episode has major spoilers, don't watch it". So I'm still torn lol.

In TTC, 10 dpo and still :bfn:. But I know I have REALLY low HcG levels, so that keeps me optimistic for a loooong time. And even though I know I can't symptom spot while on progesterone, I still have noticed this month has been a bit different (normally I get a bit depressed on the supplements, this time I've been practically euphoric... and I've gotten terrible acne :shrug:). Well time will tell.

FX for you, Krissy! I hope you get a BFP this cycle!

Bee, that's great news about the interview going well. I hope you get the job- I know that your enthusiasm for art would make you a great teacher.

Hi Magic! Welcome to the group. I'm not here as much as I used to be, but I'm sending all of you lots of babydust!

Afm, everything is smooth sailing. The GoT premiere felt like it got off to a slow start, but I'm pretty excited about the preview for the next episode - love Arya! I don't want to post any spoilers, but I hope they spend a lot of time with her this season.

Krissy- Im not sure. But it seems like they were wanting a new teacher ASAP so I assume I will hear from her this week. I know that she is performing a background check so I think that takes a day or two to come back.

Anybody here also a broadway/musical nerd?

Have you heard Josh Groban and Kelly Clarkson's cover of "All I Ask of You"? It's sooooooooooo good!

https://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/14/kelly-clarkson-josh-groban-all-i-ask-of-you?Asdf

Bee Bee- that's great!!! Hopefully that check comes back quickly! I never had that issue, but I dated a Sean Johnson once. Took weeks for his to come back with two common names hahaha

Ginger - I firmly believe anyone with a decent voice can sing that song and it be amazing. I love that song! My 6th grade teacher walked down the aisle to it. But I must say I enjoyed J.G., and while I have to say I love Emmy Rossum but I'd give it to Kelly over her and tbh I'm not a big fan of KC.

Patience - Are you making it yourself? I cosplay, but I have a designer friend who i commission to make my outfits haha. I'm not that talented so props to you!

Krissy - Stay positive! You're not out until the witch shows up, especially at 10dpo. I was barely testing positive at 10dpo with my last pregnancy and that one was producing TONS of hcg.

lol My name is Brittany Ngo. It wont take long ;P

I'm not ttc, but I cant help but gravitate towards fellow nerdy mommies/mommies to be. ;)

Dobby I'm doing my first ever cosplay at the moment, lots of screwing up but I'm loving it so much! Working with worbla isn't easy, but thanks to Kamuis ebooks I finally took the plunge and it's awesome! I'm sure my first armor will be unwearable but I'm learning lots :)

Haha hi Charlie :) what sort of geeky stuff do you enjoy?

Welcome Charlie! You don't have to be TTC to be one of us, one of us! ;)

Patience, that's amazing! You have to start somewhere. :)

I'm a gamer. All About games all the time. Hahaha. Well... Not as much as before having my son (I don't pay violent games while he's awake). And a few other things. Lol

I think I'm gonna start testing tomorrow. I got a dip on my chart which I never see in the TWW so I'm hoping it's an implantation dip!

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to post this here! For those of you that don't know, National Infertility Awareness Week starts on Sunday. I wanted to share info about infertility on Facebook but couldn't find anything in existence that I liked or felt covered enough info.

So, I took it upon myself to make my own infographic so that I can share it.

Here is a preview of what it looks like. But a link for sharing it is below it. I would prefer, if you decide to share it, to do so via the link. It will give you an option to share on FB, Twitter or Tumblr I believe. Or just give you a link. Either way, its the only way to share it at high resolution.

https://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/kai1985/INFERTILITYAWARENESSGRAPHIC.png

And here is the link to share it. https://flic.kr/p/rex5fY Thanks ladies, I hope I did it some justice *nervous*

That's so awesome Bee, made me feel so sad reading it. The people who know we're ttc have all pulled the "just relax and it'll happen" and all those lines that make you want to scream! So tempted to share that on fb but I also don't want to shout to the rest of the world about our ttc issues :( tough call

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morris98
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->