A Big Nerdy TTC and Preggers Party - Gamers/Dorks/Nerds/Enthusiasts Welcome

That's so awesome Bee, made me feel so sad reading it. The people who know we're ttc have all pulled the "just relax and it'll happen" and all those lines that make you want to scream! So tempted to share that on fb but I also don't want to shout to the rest of the world about our ttc issues :( tough call

Yeah, I completely understand. I felt the same way but I feel more inclined to share something than to hide it. Like, no one really has any idea that I had an ectopic in December. But I think it's sad that you can announce a pregnancy or even mention that you have some sort of illness but it's generally no accepted to talk about infertility.

Anyway, do whatever you feel comfortable with! I just wanted to share it with you ladies! <3

Ps. the "relax" line is the one my sister constantly says because she got pregnant on accident and has no clue about anything TTC related. :/

Sorry to have been MIA everybody, I've been swamped with work and IVF prep appointments. The :witch: showed up today, so I go in tomorrow to start monitoring and start the meds tomorrow night. FXed. :dust:

Welcome Charlie :wave: Nerdy mommies are most certainly welcome too! Hopefully all of us will be there.

Bee- AWESOME graphic. Definitely a sobering read... but just beautifully put together. I am in the same boat as patience about FB though. Most of my (extended) family doesn't even know about my secondary infertility, forget announcing it to the rest of the world. But I am irish and we do tend to keep things like this bottled up/under wraps. My MIL is always good for the "Well have you tried __" line ](*,)

Another nerdy little girl is going to be joining the nerdforce!

https://s4.postimg.org/sxcib0gb1/16_weeks_1.jpg

https://s14.postimg.org/7kru6dadt/16_weeks_2_GIRL.jpg

Ooooh, Ooooh, OOohhhhhhh!
Can I jump in here with you nerdy ladies?!

My fiance and I are total nerds, trying for a little Padawan of our own! ^_^

Congrats GingerPanda, lovely scan photos.

Love the graphic Bee Bee, wish I had seen things like that when trying for DS. I always wanted to be able to put something on FB to show that we were struggling to concieve. Broke my heart every single time I saw a pregnancy announcement. I even wanted to yell at woman I used to know who was doing the most ridiculous things during her pregnancy. She didn't seem to care and annoyingly was super fertile. When I did finally fall with DS I only ever put up the odd occasional thing, and even now I hardly put anything up. There are a few old pals who don't have children, and I hate the thought that they might be dealing with infertility and having things rubbed in their faces.

AFM I'm not sure if I'm out this month or not, as we did manage to have a little fun the night after DS interrupted us. Not feeling all that hopeful, and after the super tantrums we've had to deal with this week it's making me reconsider trying again. Then again I'll feel completely different when he's being good as gold again.

Welcome, fulltimevida!

Bee_Bee, I shared your graphic on Facebook! It's wonderful!

Welcome! :) the more geeks/needs the better!

I'm so close to figuring out this cursed chestpiece, then I can start painting Ahhh I can't wait! Just need to get the worbla boob cups done *weeps*

Love the graphic, Bee. You're super talented at web design!

I've never been shy about talking about the hard time we had ttc. I figure if people are nosy enough to ask me when we were having kids, then they got what they deserved if I happened to overshare. Sometimes I just said "we're working in it, having fun trying, and enjoying the time to ourselves" and sometimes they got stories about temping and cycle length.

Ginger, great scan pic. :happydance: Are you super excited to be Team Pink? I won't know for another month- they didn't do a 15- week

Hi Vida!

Just finished a Dany print for Denver Comic Con. Onto some more! :)

https://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/kai1985/dany.png

Hot hot ;) i love dragons so much! I "adopted" a hand made giant mug with an adorable dragon as the handle and he's peeking over the rim :D too cute! My granny has over 60 dragon items hehe

Ginger, great scan pic. :happydance: Are you super excited to be Team Pink? I won't know for another month- they didn't do a 15- week

Not gonna lie, my preference was a boy. But we are still very excited, and getting more and more excited by the day!

We've named her after a Fire Emblem character. :haha:

We also love dragons! Our nursery theme is dragons and castles! :cloud9:

Not gonna lie, my preference was a boy. But we are still very excited, and getting more and more excited by the day!

We've named her after a Fire Emblem character. :haha:

We also love dragons! Our nursery theme is dragons and castles! :cloud9:

Lucina Jade is a pretty name- very unique! We're actually hoping for a girl, haha.

When do you find out what you're having? :)

Not until May 18th. It's so far from now! Right now we're waiting to get the results of the blood test for cystic fibrosis and various trisomies. I went in 4/23, so I'm assuming that "no news is good news."

My 20 week anatomy scan is on the 15th, and we didn't do any of the genetic testing (I thought I was going to get an NT scan at 12 weeks when I declined it, but then they told me I couldn't have that scan), so we are very nervous to make sure our little girl has all the right things in all the right places!

It DOES seem like an eternity!

I hope they call you with perfect results soon!

Hi Ladies,

I've been away from this thread a bit, been pre-occupied by TTCing and my hobby which I have recently re-taken up - writing.

I had this fantasy novel idea back in high school, but never did too much with it. I was too busy reading and writing fanfiction :blush:. I stumbled upon the idea in February again and decided to start working on it again. It is much easier to self-publish in this day and age, so I figured, why not? So I have 13, 000 + words already :).

It has been a great distraction during the TWW too.

Speaking of cosplays, I recently made my own mini-top hat for a friend's bridal shower that had the theme of the Mad Hatter Tea Party. I'm the one on the right in the picture. I've cosplayed before, but it's been a while, so it was nice to make something again.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of these costumes :)

Attachments

• hat.jpg
    hat.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi ladies! :wave:

Bee - wow, just awesome awesome awesome Dany. Love every bit of it from the choice of color to the details and pose.

Ginger - We had been hoping for a boy at first too, but we could not be happier with our DD, I can't imagine anything else. And I have heard girls first is easier :) And I love the name - Will you call her Lucy for short? Can you post some nursery pics? I'm actually trying to figure out a dragons and castles theme for our DD's "big girl" room when we need to reclaim her current bedroom as a nursery. And I love that sushi costume!! We heavily considered doing a sushi baby halloween w/DD as well.

Mrs- I would definitely think no news is good news - but FXed all the same. Can't wait for your gender scan!

Ali - Love the hats! Super cute. I recently started getting back into some nerdy creative outlets (painting) and it's been wonderful. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I started up again.

AFM - I go in tomorrow for my egg retrieval. I'll be glad when it's over and I know how many eggs/embryos we are dealing with. This has been a bit stressful.

Good luck with egg retrieval! I hope you get lots of eggs and embies!

Yes, we have been calling her Luci for short. :cloud9:

No nursery put together yet. Still cleaning it out, as it was our junk room. But this is the crib set we're ordering.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P...SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=61sHE1iMg-L&ref=plSrch

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->