A Big Nerdy TTC and Preggers Party - Gamers/Dorks/Nerds/Enthusiasts Welcome

Hey Ladies! I am CD7 today! This cycle the doc is going to give me menopur on CD9. I guess its supposed to give me more mature follicles? He said my chance for multiples would go up, which I am kosher with.

I am feeling more optimistic this cycle. I think I realized that part of my negativity was from the weather lol. I thoroughly believe I have seasonal affective disorder and that the winter/cold weather puts me into a sort of depression. But, now that it's spring and the weather is nice, I feel much more happy in general. So, Im hoping that translates into a bfp this cycle!

Bee Bee, have you ever tried taking extra Vitamin D? It completely destroyed my seasonal depression, and it's also great for fertility.

I havent! I was on it for a while in 2013 because they were trying to prove my fatigue wasn't vitamin related (we were trying to prove I needed my thyroid out to the insurance company) I also heard that a UV light in the winter can help, so I might try that next winter. But I definitely feel a change of mood now that it's spring. I actually feel elated when I go outside. It's wonderful.

I have hypothyroidism, and it actually was causing me depression as well. The levothyroxine didn't make that symptom go away, so I started taking 10,000iu of Vit D3 every day. It has no known toxicity level, so I've just kept taking it through pregnancy, and my doctor told me it was super good for fertility, and mentioned some study about some miscarriages being tied to a Vitamin D deficiency. Apparently a good percentage of people are actually deficient. Who knew!

Tell me you've all seen Avengers already! :happydance: that was so epic I got goosebumps!

I saw it! The special effects were great! I wasn't impressed with much anything else. But can't go into why until I know everyone has seen it! :haha:

I didn't see it :cry: We couldn't find a babysitter so I stayed home w/DD while DH saw it with some friends..... Being a parent is tough sometimes lol. I'll have to wait until it's on streaming

Maybe.... talk about it with spoilers? Just type [ SPOILER] before the text (without the space) and [ /SPOILER] after the text.

In the TTC world..... I have blastocytes!!! I was pretty heartbroken when we only had two eggs fertilize after our egg retrieval for IVF this month. But both of those embryos are rock stars! They both grew wonderfully, hit the blastocyte stage nice and early, and were even called "absolutely beautiful" by the embryology director at our clinic. So I'm pretty stoked about the FET next cycle :cloud9:

Krissy, awesome news about your blasts! Are they going to put both of them back?

And here's my spoiler for Avengers... Because I can't think of anything to say about it that isn't a spoiler lol

I absolutely hated the whole Natasha/Bruce romance arc. It was absolutely ridiculous and came out of nowhere! All the rest of the writers said they had planned for there to be a Black Widow/Hawkeye romance (which makes much more sense to me), but Joss Whedon refused. So I really felt like giving Hawkeye a family and forcing this Nat/Bruce relationship was Joss having a hissy fit that people wanted something else. So we spend a pretty good chunk of this movie exploring this awful, forced relationship that just feels... like it has zero chemistry.

Do we get to see more of Thor going on his vision quest? NO. Do we get to see more of Vision and War Machine fighting the Ironman clones while Fury helps save the city people? NO. Do we get to see Falcon do ANYTHING since he showed up in the beginning and end of the movie? NO.

Would I have traded all the horrible romance arc (THAT DIDN'T EVEN TURN INTO ANYTHING IN THE END, BTW) to see more of those things? ABSOLUTELY!

And I think the movie would have been a lot better for it.

Joss had the nerve to say he likes writing Black Widow the best because he feels like he really understands her. I don't think he understands her at all. This forced romance practically felt like rape. It really ruined the movie for me.

Also, Hawkeye's wife sending Nat the video of their new baby while he HAS TO KNOW she's been sterilized in the most horrific way and considers herself a monster for her infertility is a STONE COLD BITCH MOVE. Sorry. :blush:

Quite honestly, and this is probably total blasphemy...

If something this poorly written is what Firefly would have devolved into, I'm glad they cancelled it. Whatever I dream Firefly could have become is probably a lot better than what it really would have! (I beg for thine holy forgiveness, my Lord Nathan Fillion!)

Haha the million dollar question: increase your odds of success or risk multiples? I've already been warned by hubby we're to take no such risks, one will be enough!

LOL You can put anything you want in the spoilers as far as I'm concerned. I can restrain myself from reading it if other people who haven't seen it can too :)

As for the blasts, I think we'll do one at a time. I can't say it's not tempting to just throw them both in... but we do already have one child, and two and through had pretty much been our plan. Also, the % success of doing two at once, versus doing one two months in a row are pretty even, and obviously there's less risks with a singleton birth. So we're not really losing anything by taking our time a little.

Hey ladies! How is everyone doing?

I had my 18-week scan today, and we have a very active and healthy little boy! Everything is going very well. I still can't feel any movement yet, so it's always a relief to see him. :cloud9:

As always, sending loads of babydust to all of you!

Congratulations on having a boy Mrshan. You'll feel those movements in no time, was around that point where I started to get weird dropping sensations in my lower tummy, my 20 week scan showed it was DS literally doing somersaults :)

AFM any form of TTCing is being put on hold for the moment. Finally putting our house up for sale, and on the hunt for a bigger place. Going to need all the energy that I can muster in preparation for moving. Going to be at least two months.

Good luck on the house hunting, Missbabes. How's it going? Have you had any offers on your house yet?

How's everyone doing?

Everything's going fine here. We have a scan next Friday to make sure Luci's heart is normal. One of my sisters had a congenital heart defect, so they want to be certain she doesn't have one.

Good luck on the house hunting, Missbabes. How's it going? Have you had any offers on your house yet?

How's everyone doing?

Actually it's going pretty well. We accepted an offer on our house just 28 hours after it officially went on the market. Then we had an offer accepted on a house we liked just a week later. Just got to wait out all the legal stuff now in order to get our moving date. Could be as early as the end of the month, or possibly the end the July, really can only wait and see :happydance:

Don't know if anyone still looks at this thread, but thought I'd let the nerdy party know that I got a surprise BFP after moving home! I heard of 'new home, new baby', but did not think for one second that it would happen to us :haha: :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->