A gift for the Teacher?

dizzy65

Momma of my 4 Boys!
Reaction score
It is my Son's first year in School (he is in kindergarten) I was just curious to what type of gifts (if any) would you gift to the teacher? :flower:

Last year I filed a glass jar (the ones with clip lids can't remember the name!) With lots of different Christmas sweets/chocolates (Coins, candy canes, hero's etc.) And got ds1 to make labels to stick on.

Last year we did chocolate sleighs. DS did most of the work. Teachers loved them, or so they said. This year we are doing mugs filled with chocolates and snowman soup. His main teacher is getting a cross stitched tree decoration with a Christmas pattern and her name on. Which I will use as the tag.

I saw this today, think I might be stealing this idea :haha:

https://imgur.com/OICCwRD

This is brilliant. I want to do this. I'm not a drinker, how would you know what to buy? Or would you ask?

This is brilliant. I want to do this. I'm not a drinker, how would you know what to buy? Or would you ask?

Hmmm I'll probably go for something that's already considered Christmassy like Port, champagne/cava (for Bucks Fizz!) or a mulled wine/cider. I'm thinking of making my own mulled cider this year anyway. But yeah, I'm sure they'd find a use for it if they weren't really much of a drinker themselves; either as a cooking ingredient, or something to have on the Christmas dinner table.

I'd personally feel a little awkward asking, but I'm an awkward person :haha: I'm sure it's totally fine to do though!

I'm just giving the classic box of chocolates, I have to many people to buy for to be imaginative with the teachers, just a small gesture is good in my opinion

Last year I gave my DD teacher and DS keyworker a little Yankee votive candle and holder but this year I think it will just be some nice chocolates

I don't usually do teacher gifts just cards but I do give to their judo and karate coaches who this year will have ginger bread men in martial arts poses

This year we are doing a christmas themed letter to the teacher with chocolate bars stuck on. Last year we did a 'pot of gold' x

For my daughters first teacher she drew a picture of them both together and I had it printed onto a mug :) Bit stuck for this year so will be following for ideas :) x

Hmmm I'll probably go for something that's already considered Christmassy like Port, champagne/cava (for Bucks Fizz!) or a mulled wine/cider. I'm thinking of making my own mulled cider this year anyway. But yeah, I'm sure they'd find a use for it if they weren't really much of a drinker themselves; either as a cooking ingredient, or something to have on the Christmas dinner table.

I'd personally feel a little awkward asking, but I'm an awkward person :haha: I'm sure it's totally fine to do though!

I'm a teacher and I LOVE this idea!! I have a few teenage girls at work that drive me to drink lol!! I think making it a Christmassy drink would be a fab idea :) I'd love a student to give me this as a gift - but mine are all too old for that now :)

I actually saw a bottle of wine on Facebook with a label printed with the child's picture and the writing under the picture said "or child may drive you to drink, so here's a Christmas drink on us"

I love the wine idea! The only teacher we buy for (we homeschool) is the dance teacher because we've been going for years and she's really special to my oldest. Last year we did a framed photo of the teacher with DD at a holiday parade and some chocolates. The year before we did a Thomas Kinkade mug with tea. I try to stay away from cliche ballerina things in this case because she has so much of that already. I have no idea what I'll do for her this year.

I actually saw a bottle of wine on Facebook with a label printed with the child's picture and the writing under the picture said "or child may drive you to drink, so here's a Christmas drink on us"

I saw that too, i am considering it hahaha I thought it was a pretty neat idea though. And i know my spirited High energy child can be a bit much sometimes :haha:

I saw that too, i am considering it hahaha I thought it was a pretty neat idea though. And i know my spirited High energy child can be a bit much sometimes :haha:

I immediately thought of my 5 year old when I saw it lol

Personally, it never would have occured to me to get a present for the teacher if I hadn't read on here so many people planning to do so! I'm still not sure I will. If I did I think I would stick with consumables - food, drink, maybe candles - as I can't help thinking that, lovely as keepsake gifts are, they couldn't possibly keep them all if all 30 children in the class gave them one!

Ooh, or stationary - teachers probably can always use a nice litte notebook and pencil. You could even get your child to write a note or draw a picture in it. Or maybe one of those charity gifts you can get from oxfam etc - like buy books for a school in africa or something. Perhaps I'm getting a bit too into the idea now!

Personally, it never would have occured to me to get a present for the teacher if I hadn't read on here so many people planning to do so! I'm still not sure I will. If I did I think I would stick with consumables - food, drink, maybe candles - as I can't help thinking that, lovely as keepsake gifts are, they couldn't possibly keep them all if all 30 children in the class gave them one!

Yes that makes a lot of since and if they get that many gifts a year from the kids than they probably don't even end up keeping them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->