A home for EVERYONE!

LOL Aspe, my rash is on my legs and it is SUPER itchy. I dont know a lot about vitex to tell you if that is a good sign or not.

I just told DH about the rash. He says it's because I'm not having sex. He asks a few details about the rash and then he goes "Yuck, dont give it to me!" I tell him "well dont touch my legs then." His response? "Heck no! You know how I feel about your legs." Well thanks for the vote of confidence but if you touch my legs I'll be itching all night!

LMAO!!! Nicole, I think every mans answer is "it's because you're not having enough sex"

Yep, for most men (just like mine) everything revolves around sex, food, and sports.

yep, I've lost my mind... I'm thinking about getting the crib down from the attic this weekend and putting it together and getting the baby stuff ready. I think I did all of this around the same time when I was pregnant with Samuel and I moved stuff around and changed my mind about a million times.

I guess I'm just itching to nest.

Ok quick pop in. ended up working till after 3am last night.....got home slept for two hours got josh up and off to work dozed for another 45 and now getting kids off to school. i got up at 5:30am yesterday i can barely keep my eyes open! this stupid bus needs to hurry up and get here!

LOL Janelle, I'm the same way right now but I at least have to wait until January to begin nesting.

Well DH might be changing his mind about wanting to know the gender of the baby! I hope they can let me have an ultrasound at my next appointment. I will be almost 17 weeks along then and DH will be able to be with me.

Nicole, when is he leaving? I read you can tell at 15 weeks they just aren't 100% until you're closer to 20. Maybe explain to them that your husband is leaving and it would mean a lot to him if he could know before he goes. That sounds like a better reason than mine.

Krissy, get some sleep! At least sleep a little for me, I was up all night tossing and turning and my nose is so freakin' dry!! It's so annoying!

Ha Janelle I nest the entire pregnancy... already moved toys out the playroom to the dining room (have to remove table leaf so dining table would fit in breakfast area!). And I've gone through the closet and taken out anything that won't be for Sprout. And found bedding on sale so bought it! May return it if we find out its a girl. Bought a dresser. Oh and just bought a giraffe rocker. Lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Rockabye-85039-Raffi-Giraffe-Rocker/dp/B001FAQEZ4
Got it for way less on zulily. Sometimes they have good sales!!

Oh and we found a used white crib that'll work as a toddler bed for Siena until I think she's big enough for a bunk bed... and Sprout is going to use her old crib. Just not sure when to move Siena. She's still good in her crib! But WOULD be nice not to have to lift her into it... and easier for bedtime because not having to lean over crib railing or stick hand between bars to soothe her! (She likes her back rubbed for a bit, but wants me to "seat" (sit) to do it!)

Yeah I'm going to call today and see if I can get the appointment scheduled for either next Wednesday or Thursday. Josh still isnt 100% on finding out but I think he'll warm up more to it. Do I just explain and ask for an ultrasound over the phone?

A friend gave my daughter a baby doll as an early Christmas present yesterday. She loves the baby doll's toes and that her eyes open and close. She wont carry her around yet but she will give the baby hugs. What do you think? How is she going to react to having a baby sibling?

Libby, if I were you, and this is just me... I would switch Siena out of her crib as soon as possible. It maybe harder for her than others. For Samuel it was fairly easy because he HATED his crib. He was sleeping in a fullsize bed right after he turned 1. I've read if you're going to switch them out of their crib you want to do it earlier rather than later because they might feel as though this new baby is replacing them. We found a bed set that matched Samuel's crib set, so I bought it because I wanted to be able to keep the curtains and wall name plaque thing I had made. So, we gussied up his new bed and made a really big deal about it in his new room and he loved it. Try that. As for your rocker, that's super cute! I saw one like that, that was a caterpillar on craigslist that I really wanted to get because it matched our nursery set, but I never did for some reason. Rats!

Nicole, when I got my secret ultrasound with Samuel it was the first time meeting my new doctor. He was a pretty cool guy and really down to earth so, I kinda begged him to do a sneak peak so that I could tell my Dad for his birthday. He did. Your story is a better one than mine, I'm sure they will do it, if you just call and explain to them that your husband is going to be deployed soon and you were wondering if it is possible to get an early gender scan so that he could know before he leaves. Nurses and Doctors are suckers for those who serve our country. Just call and explain the situation. I'm sure they would be happy to do it. Especially, if you tell them you want to give him an ultrasound picture to take a long.

Thanks Janelle! MIL is supposed to pick up the toddler bed in the next day or so.... so should have it soon and we'll see how Siena does in it! I can see it being exhausting to get her to STAY in the crib... right now, I leave her and she cries 30 seconds maybe then shuts up. Wondering if she'll get up! Heard some people say the baby treats it like a crib and won't get out until a parent comes to get them, but others get up a lot! We shut her bedroom door since living room right there, so at least she won't be able to leave her room... but my video monitor won't be able to track her if she moves around so will not like not knowing what she's up to!!

Samuel used to get up and move around a bit, but he always got back in his bed and went to sleep. He really hated his crib, so it was easy for him to make the switch. Biggest thing I read is to make a big deal about the bed!! Make it a fun experience. If you can, maybe take her crib out of the room, so she's not tempted. Them put it back once it gets closer to your due date, if they are going to share a room.

Well technically my doctor in New York was ging to do a 16 week ultrasound so if I say I'm due for another ultrasound it wouldnt be lying would it?

Libby, we switched my son out of his crib to a toddler bed at 16 months! He oved it. Yes, he would cimb out and play but just like Samuel he would go backin his bed when he was tired. He was so proud of being a big boy. We are swtiching Jerusha to a toddler bed in 2 weeks so she'll be almost 20 months but I'd rather due it with Josh there then assembling it myself at 8 months pregnant.

Yeah I'd figured I would move her to a toddler bed when she started trying to climb, but never did. And liked her crib... wants to get in it after I tell her no more story time. She used to want to be held instead of be put in her crib, but not now! I have bumper up still on the back... I'll put that up on back of her new bed and put the bed in same spot so its not as big a change.

Yeah her crib will be disassembled so we can send it to get painted for new baby.. different color scheme. Thanks for the input guys! Planning on having them in separate rooms awhile then having them on bunk beds once they get a bit older.

Wives tales!

Found this blog, thought you ladies might find it interesting..

https://baby-boy-or-girl.blogspot.com/

So I have to get a UCG lab test done at least 7 days prior to my appointment. What is that?

So I guess right around the 13th of any month isnt really the best time for me especially while pregnant because I took a slight fall onmy mom's stairs tonight but ended up bumping my head pretty hard (still hurts 30 minute later) on the corner ledge. Ugh...hope I can sleep well tonight.

Hey ladies,

As promised, I've got back from my 20 week scan and have some piccies to swoon over! Everything measured perfectly, and right smack bang in the middle of normal, and he's measuring right on track at 19+5, so over the moon! There's one piccie of him with his hand to his mouth, and the sonographer said "He must be laughing at me for being so naughty!"x

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 5
Loren- love the pics!!!! so happy baby boy is doing good!

Janelle-for the nose bleed question you texted me last night...sorry i was out cold early last night! i never did but i do know that because of the increased blood flow they are common in pregnancy.....

Lizzy-Joshua was put in a toddler bed at 23 months. he actually hated his crib so much he slepted in a play pen and once he figured out how to climb out of that i switched him over. he never had a problem with changing. Avarie was 19months but it was bc we were given a toddler bed for her and was not going to put it together till she got older but joshua demanded that we put it together and sissy sleep in his room. we did and she loved it from the get go. Jamie i kept in his crib as long as possible lmao! he loved having his own room (i had ava and joshy in one room and jamie in the other so as a baby he would sleep better) he was about 2 when i gave in and got him a toddler bed. never had any trobles with him either. i think she will do great!

ASPE-HI SWEETY! I have never heard of this test but i googled it and found out it is another way to test to see if you are pregnant or not...i just had always heard of hcg. learn something new all the time!

Nicole hope you are doing ok!

Misty where are you girl? i miss ya!

Grace, angel, amber and all the other ladies hi!

AFM- i still ended up having a busy day yesterday! my parents got the christmas tree and we let the kids do everything but put the angel and lights on...lol it is interesting looking that is for sure!!!we are trying to get a approved for a place. the first place we applied for we should hear something this morning. it is a manufactured home community but it is newer and has a lot of stuff like playground, heated pool, basketball court, gym and what not https://www.suncommunities.com/sunset-ridge/RentaHome.aspx

the second is we found last night and have to call on today. it is a house less than 5 miles from my parents and for 32,000 looks great to me! it is in "town" i say it like that because it is a very very tiny! it is on a corner lot and actually right next to the playground in town.
https://lansing.craigslist.org/reb/3377461559.html
maybe we can get approved for a mortage on a place like this.....worth a shot! i do like the first one more just because we only need $400 security to move in and not rent till Feb 1 lol...i wil keep ya'll posted today. i do have to work tonight...booo....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->