A home for EVERYONE!

Nicole, there is no better feeling than being completely debt free!! Just be careful those dinner dates and vacations add up quick, especially with kids. Don't break the bank. But good to see you have goals.

Grace, so excited for you!! PJ's all day! lol just kidding.

Misty, you should see the pictures I took of Sara! I feel I've posted enough for today... maybe tomorrow ;)

Zoey, that's the easiest stress free way I know of. Stick with it. Charting will just confuse you and make you think more than you need to. ;)

Gee, Welcome!! You've come to the right place!!

Welcome gee!! That's a different name. Different like Misty (that's my name) lol. This us so cool that we got 2 new peeps in our forum!!

Amber - hope you feel better soon!

Nicole - still think you should check with your pediatrician about possible reflux issues with Daniel. If that's the case, he's in pain!

Grace - JEALOUSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Janelle - there's no max limit rule, picture away!!

Krissy - where are you, Munchkin?!

Well.... in that case....

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/Sara_zpsf216c1e7.jpg

Still love the top right. Such attitude!! lol

Has anybody has issues with a breastfed baby not able to take a bottle well? I guess Tyler is still having problems. The babysitter says its like he's choking on the milk and suggested a slower flow nipple. It's already a slow flow nipple!! She says he does better with the cereal mixed in bottles but apparently is fighting that today too. He's had a total of 4 ounces in 7 hours!! I've tried Medela and Nuk bottles. Don't know which to try now...

My son will take bottles but only from my mom. My kids always like the NUK bottles best.

That's what I have now is Nuk. He just wants booby!! Wish I could provide that :( Stupid work!!!!!!

Sorry Misty. He just misses the feeling of your skin I think. He wants to cuddle with you.

Misty, When you give him cereal are you using a cereal flow nipple or just a regular slow flow nipple? If you're using a regular nipple, that's your problem. He's sucking harder to get the cereal. Then when you give him just breast milk he's used to sucking hard and gags.

I guess he's even fighting the bottles with cereal. She said he's pushing it away from him with his hand even! Ugh... he needs to eat :(

Misty, it's like a normal nipple but it's cut differently. A normal flow just has a small hole for the fluid to come through. A cereal nipple is cut like a Y so that the cereal can come through because it makes the milk thicker. Maybe he's not hungry or he has to burp. Tell her to take a break and try again in a few minutes. Could be too cold or not warm enough too. He could be frustrated because he's gagging on it too.

He could be going on strike because he's having to work too hard to get the cereal out of the nipple. Is she giving him cereal in every bottle????

No, just first one she gives him. Then I had her start putting it in the last (3rd) bottle she gives him and he started being cranky so she wondered if it gave him a tummy ache. I got oatmeal cereal then to try instead of rice and she said he seems to not like it. I don't freakin know. It's so frustrating cuz I'm not there so I can't see his he's acting or what he's doing. It ticks me off that I have to let somebody else care for my baby. I'm going to the store tonight to get a dr brown bottle to try and will also get a y cut nipple for cereal bottles. She thinks I should cut out cereal completely and just get a slower flow nipple. Thinks that will help him not spit up as much. Well he spits up after nursing too so that doesn't have anything to do with it. The cereal REALLY helps him not spit up as much and dr recommended putting the cereal in his bottles for the reflux. Grrrr makes me frustrated trying to GUESS what he needs or what is wrong!

I'm sorry Misty. I have to do the guessing game too with Daniel but its more frustrating when you have to rely on someone else's description of how he's acting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->