A home for EVERYONE!

i hate being so far away from my family :( i hope we can move back soon :(

i was 10 weeks when i told our immediate family (parents and siblings) we waited until after the 12 week scan to tell everyone else and we didnt put it on facebook until 15 weeks ish

Krissy - I dont have a feeling something is wrong. I'm just not as naive as I was before. I know a positive test doesnt mean there's a baby. So I'll just wait until I see it.

Trying - We didnt tell until 14 weeks.

Tryingmommy, when I was pregnant with my son, we told family right away. I was terrified to tell my inlaws because Dan and I weren't married, but they were super excited. I sat in their living room for 3 hours sweating bullets, praying I didn't crap my pants--I was that nervous. But finally we told them and I was over the moon at how supportive they were. We got pregnant again and I planned this big scavenger hunt to tell my MIL for her birthday, but we miscarried and I was heart broken. So, I told her that she couldn't have her birthday present and she came over and was again supportive while I cried my eyes out. Then we got pregnant and miscarried again and I was terrified to even tell people we were trying although, a lot knew. Finally had a successful pregnancy and we waited until Dan's out of town family was in town to make the big announcement. We had Samuel wear a big brother shirt and I swear he could have walked in with a penis on his shirt and no one would have noticed. I think it was 2 hours before we finally said something, but I think we were 10 weeks or so when we made the announcement, but I waited until I was well past 12 weeks to blog about it. I don't think I could have picked a better group of ladies to help me through my bumpy TTC journey. It was a rough ride, but so worth it. THANKS LADIES!!

Krissy, You can have my boobies!!! FLAT OUT!! TAKE THEM!! I was flat chested until I was in high school. I would wish and wish and wish to have boobs. I'm now careful what I wish for, because I'd give anything to be flat chested again. You're going to hate me, but the weather is sooooo nice HERE. It says it's 55 outside, but it feels way warmer. It's going to be 68 on Wednesday when we leave. Nice weather, but it's super dry. Bad drought.

I did find a website last night on how to alter your bras. So I hacked an old bra up and sewed it and it worked! I have a bra that fits! It's not a nursing bra, but I'm going to attempt to make it into a nursing bra once Dan goes and gets me some more thread.

I've got a sick little monkey. He woke up this morning puking all over the place. He just graduated to eating soup because he was finally able to keep crackers and water down, but he refuses to eat it. He wants a Peanut butter and Jelly. Says soup is gross. :dohh: I called his doctor this morning and she said if he continues to puke she will call in some medicine that will stop the puking, but I think we'll make it. Hopefully he's better tomorrow and the rest of us don't get it. We're leaving Wednesday!

Oh no, Janelle. I hope Samuel feels better before you all leave.

Samuel is now feeling much better. He's been bugging me for orange juice, but I keep telling him he's gotta wait until tomorrow. He's not happy about that.

So, remember me telling you ladies about one of the nursing bras that I got and I couldn't figure out who made it or where I could get another, but it was my favorite? Well, I altered it today so that it fits! I altered a total of 4 bras and I want to redo all my bras now!! I feel like a new woman. I'm pretty sure if I were to wear the correct full coverage cup size I'd be a DDD but I wear low cut tops so I've never bought a full coverage bra. Honestly I'm kinda lost when it comes to bras. They should make bra fitting and buying a bra a requirement in high school, where you get graded on it. I know that would have helped me out a lot.... But after altering them and it being super easy I want to buy a million bras now.

Janelle - Glad he's feeling better. Is everyone else okay?

AFM - I finally made my appt. Feb 10th. So now I can forget about it until then.

Grace, so far so good! All is well. Happy to read you made your appointment. Is your husband going with you?

janelleybean they should do classes in bra buying i have no flipping clue :rofl:

Zoey, I completely agree!!! I did a little research and apparently the lower you go in band size, they higher you are suppose to go in cup size. So, that would make sense I guess. I see there are a lot of bra fitting places in Florida, I might just do that. Because there aren't any places here that do bra fittings. I think Victoria Secret does them, but they are sooo expensive!!

ahh now that makes sense. yeah there are bra fitting places here but most shops slter there sizes slightly :dohh:

Soooooooo.... I SUCK at trying to pack. I tried getting everyone packed today so that I have some wiggle room to add things last minute as I remember them, but I'm packing WAY more than I need. I went through my closet and dresser and pulled out every outfit that I want to wear and when I turned around to look at what I had, I had enough outfits to last me 2 weeks if not more. :dohh:

I like variety. I being able to say, "well, I packed this, but I think I want to wear this today.." I've got waaay too much stuff to bring. Samuel is the same way, he's bringing 24 pairs of underwear and 15 pairs of socks. He probably wont even wear socks!!! And why does he need 24 pairs of underwear? He likes variety too. :wacko: It took me hours to talk him out of bringing all of his stuffed animals, crayons and coloring books. And don't get me started on all the trains that I found in his suitcase.

I packed Sara every dress that I had of hers because I don't know which ones I want her to wear while we're down there. Isn't that ridiculous?! She'll probably just hang out in a diaper the whole time. I had no idea how much hair stuff I had for her either, until I pulled them all out to decide what to take.. I couldn't decide So, I'm taking it all. :shhh:

I think I'm going to leave my breast pump home. This might be the biggest mistake, but I don't want to lug it down there and take the chanced of something happening to it and having to come home and not have one. I'm nervous about this decision. I've got enough milk to last us our time down there and a few weeks when we get back so, I can just start pumping and building my supply back up when we get back I think. Ugh... I just don't know.

We've decided to check Samuel's carseat and I'm super nervous about that as well. What do I do if they lose it?? I've heard some car rental places rent car seats, but still. I'm putting way more thought into this vacation than needed. Misty, you're turning me into a worry wart!

Janelle - Reading your post stressed me out. whew! How long are y'all staying?

Grace, just 7 days. I'm trying to clean my house and get everything done before we go.who likes to come home from vacation to a messy house? Not, I.

....I still have to pack Dan and my stuff...

I got a little side tracked this morning helping Samuel play his mickey mouse game on the xbox.

Appointment went good today. I have an ultrasound scheduled next week. They drew blood today to check all my levels.

Tryingmommy, did they tell you how far a long you are? How exciting!! I remember my first ultra sound when I was pregnant with my son. Its the best feeling in the world to hear that heartbeat for the first time.

5 weeks and 3 days. But when they do the ultrasound they will have a better idea my doctor said? Because my cycles range from 25-31 days they vary. So she said I could have ovulated soon that month. Which I had thought I did. So we will see. But my due date is Sept. 27th.

Posting for Janelle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 2
Misty - How is Tyler doing?

Janelle - Cute pic!!! Hope you can get some sleep on the plane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->