A home for EVERYONE!

Enjoy your day, krissy!!!! Hope you get everything you need and you have a lot of fun! You deserve it! :friends:

Have a great baby shower it sounds fun

I have everything crossed for your dad :hugs:

Thanks! I had a good time even though only half the people who said they were gonna come actually showed. all my besties showed, except Janelle I wonder why lol...and those who did come were very generous and I got a ton of stuff!!!!

another long day so off to bed soon I will post pics tomorrow!

Sorry, krissy. I was stuck in traffic. ;) happy to read you had a good time.

Soooooooo, I found an outdoor rug!!!! Almost 8' x 10' at sams club for $70!! Sounds like a lot of money, but its a good deal. Just gotta find a way to get it home. I'm using my baby sitting money to buy it. ....I feel like a teenager when I say that.

Janelle happy you found something you liked! there is no shame in babysitting at our age rather its smart lol...

ok some pictures!

first one is my cake my moms friend made....second is me with my two besties from work.... third is me with my childhood friend friends for 22 years now! fourth is a pic with my other cake my mom made. and fifth is the cutest pair of camo bibs my aunt bought me.

Attachments

• DSCF1641 (2).jpg
    DSCF1641 (2).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF1648 (2).jpg
    DSCF1648 (2).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF1650 (2).jpg
    DSCF1650 (2).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF1653 (2).jpg
    DSCF1653 (2).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF1661 (2).jpg
    DSCF1661 (2).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1
More pictures....

First one is Jamison was so proud he bought blake a mike wazowski onsies that is jamisons favorite guy.....second is a diaper cake my great aunt made...third is a decent one of me....fourth is the onsies avarie bought blake it says chicks are all over me..

Attachments

• DSCF1668 (2).jpg
    DSCF1668 (2).jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF1674 (2).jpg
    DSCF1674 (2).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF1682 (2).jpg
    DSCF1682 (2).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF1685 (2).jpg
    DSCF1685 (2).jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 0
Great pics! Looks like a wonderful shower. <3

I had my 12 week appt today. Not gaining any weight yet (which really surprised me b/c it's certainly been redistributing lol), but Dr isn't worried. I think that came later with DD too. Heard the HB on Doppler for the first time. So happy things are finally proceeding as normal. :cloud9:

Erin, I just spent HOURS reading your pregnancy blog. You're a really good writer! I wanted to let you know that when I conceived Sara, I had miscarried a few times before I was successfully pregnant with her, but I woke up at like 4 in the morning with the worst cramps of my life. Far worse than any miscarrying cramps, so I prepared myself for the worst and was sure that I was going to miscarry. I went in, and of course it was a day that my regular OB was off, so I had to see a different OB, she was so sweet and they did an early scan, I was only 5 weeks and some odd days. All we saw was a gestational sac, but no heartbeat yet, she said everything looked good, but I was to refrain from any heavy lifting (25 lbs or heavier) and I was to start my low dose regimen of aspirin again, which I had stopped taking because I had gotten pregnant. When I went back to see my doctor a few weeks later, he had noticed that I had a small area of bleeding on the ultrasound. I had been spotting off an on for a few weeks, but because it wasn't heavy I didn't worry about it. He explained it to me like a toilet paper roll. The bleeding was in my cervix, but both ends were sealed but there was some blood that was trapped, he said it would just work it's way out and not to try and stress over it. I spotted until I was close to 12 weeks and I was told not to have sex. Which sucked, because at some point, not sure when, I couldn't have sex period, with out it being painful. So, I went a LOOOOONG time with out having any sort of lovin'.

Your blog cracked me up a few times, one in particular was after your first round of Clomid, when you passed your uterus lining. I laughed so hard, because I would have probably done the same thing. (whoa, what is that???!!) LMAO!! Other thing I was curious about is if you ever successfully named your boobs. I've never heard of women doing that, but it made me laugh. Their is a wives tale that if one boob is larger than the other, that it predicts the sex of the baby. It made me smile reading about how you were constantly symptom spotting, I can't tell you how many times a day I would grab my boobs, to see if they were still sore. Don't worry if your symptoms fade, because one day they will remind you that they are still there. I remember clearing texting with Krissy one day, telling her I was feeling fine while I was cooking dinner, then WHAM! It hit me like a ton of bricks and I had to leave the kitchen to throw up, while Dan had to finish cooking dinner. Did you ever figure out who the guys was that said you were pregnant? Maybe you had that pregnancy glow rather than him thinking you looked pregnant. Too cute on how you had your little girl tell everyone you were pregnant! We had Samuel wear a shirt that said, "big brother" on it, while we attended a big family dinner. Dan and I still joke that he could have worn a shirt with a penis on the front of it and no one would have noticed. Your first trip to the ER seemed like quite the adventure. There have been many a times where I have had to squat and hovered to pee. ER's and hospitals in general give me the heebeegeebees. Your ER Sagas were like a book, you're good at cliff hangers. :winkwink:

Congrats on making it to 12 weeks! And your little bean is now the size of a plumb! :happydance:

Zoey, how are you feeling? Is Ella ready to greet us with her presents yet?

Grace, how has Ethan's littler sister been? :winkwink: Have you had any bouts with heartburn? Feeling lots of movement?

Misty, How's the weather been?

Hi to all the other ladies!! :wave:

...I'm off to bed, I'm exhausted!!!

Erin-Happy healthy 12 weeks!!!!! I remember at my 12 week scan I was holding my breath till we saw him moving and HB....but of course at that point Janelle had sent me the Doppler she had and lets say I went a little crazy with it lol....anyways I remember after that scan my dr has said I think we can do a sigh of relief now...and boy did I! the only family members who knew I was pregnant was my parents and my brothers. we told everyone else after the 12 week scan.

Janelle-now you got me all interested in this blog of Erins guess I know what I am reading!

Zoey-Baby yet?

Misty you been pretty quiet!

Grace-are you sure about not finding out??? you are driving me nuts! lol...

afm-they did not do my dads biopsy yesterday could not fit him in but in the mean time he is doing well with the pain and UofM hospital is treating him so well! by far the best hospital he has ever been in and he has been in a lot!

other than that looking into getting the car fixed got to do something soon! next scan is in 3 days and baby blake will be here in 6w4d....not like I am counting or anything lol

Janelle - Baby seems to be doing fine. I'm feeling movement more and more. No heartburn or anything. Just getting winded very easily. It was very humid in the Dominican Republic and the resort was huge so I was taking the little shuttle everywhere.

Krissy - Yes, I'm sure. LOL. My mom told me that it was rude not to find out because people won't know what to buy us. I told her diapers are unisex. LOL. So needless to say, she's not happy with our decision.

Oh Janelle, so sorry my blog has contributed to your lack of sleep. Thanks for the kind words about my writing. Honestly when I'm writing it, it just feels like stream of consciousness. Thanks for the encouraging words also. <3 I never have named my boobs...I just never saw the need LOL. As an aside though, my little brother named my nostrils years ago: Jasmine and Serendipity (lolwut).

That's interesting about the old wives tale about one being bigger than the other predicting the sex of the baby. That's a new one on me! I don't know how it's supposed to go, but I think my right one was bigger last time, and I got a girl. And now my left one is bigger...so boy?? I *think* I saw on the ultrasound that this baby came from an egg on my left side, and apparently there's some old wives' tale about which side you ovulate from determining the sex of the baby also. I wonder if it's a coincidence if I ovulated from the left and the left boob is bigger. It probably has no meaning lol. (Ramble ramble :wacko:)

I never did figure out who said I was pregnant. Apparently it wasn't even a patient I'd seen that day. Just a guy who happened to be in there with his wife. Maybe getting his frames adjusted or something. The girls at work could never figure out who it was!

LOL that your DH could have worn a shirt with a penis on it...I believe that, that no one would have noticed! I can just imagine everyone swarming my daughter had we taken that tactic!

Sorry about the cliff hangers. ;) That really wasn't my intent...I just got too tired to finish. :haha:

Krissy, thanks! :D And sorry in advance if you read my blog, haha. So glad to hear that this hospital is treating your dad so well. :hugs:

Mo yay to being 12 weeks pregnant!

Ella is still too comfy to make a appearance :nope:

I want her to arrive now! :haha:

Zoey-ugh she is sooo gonna make us wait till after 40 weeks huh? that's the only good thing about having a planned cseciton I know for a fact if blake does not come before June 14 he has his eviction notice lmao!!!

Erin-yes I have been reading your blog today...I am up to week 8 I think for this baby....

Janelle-it is only Tuesday so I know its not laundry day what have you been up to?

afm-let me just copy and past what I posted on my dads facebook...Ok today's update on Jeff. They did get him in to do the needle biopsy today but it was still a no go. They tried doing a CT guided needle biopsy but said that it was still too dangerous even that to try and get at the mass. The doctors are so nice and kept saying sorry for not being able to do it. So next step is a PET scan, more in depth CT scan, to see if there are any other lymph nodes that will light up as cancers, the way they decribed it to us. If there are some that do then they will try and do a needle biopsy on them but they are not too sure on this. They said if that fails to then they are looking at having to open him up and they really don't want to. But at the same time they said they can not leave that mass wrapped around his artery because it will end up cutting off the blood supply or maybe even rupturing the artery.....So as it stands the very earliest he will be discharged is Friday maybe depending on what they run into. he has some amazing doctors doing the best they can just hope they can figure something out soon the waiting is part is hard.

then josh went to put the new alternator on my car today and the freaking thing would not go on! I helped for over 2 hrs finally told him to give it up and my uncle is coming over on Thursday and he should be able to fix it.

tomorrow all 3 kids have dentist appointments and my kids are excited they love the dentist lol...

Zoey I may have missed it, I know they didn't do the internal exam that one time, but have you had one yet? I can't remember what the verdict was on that. I'll be curious to know if things are progressing. Another couple of weeks may be good for her, but I definitely understand wanting her out! Maybe if you have a 39 week check you'll be able to have your membranes swept? Not a pleasant experience, but in my case it was effective!

Krissy wow I can't believe you ladies are reading so much. :blush:

Sorry it's so much waiting and uncertainty with your dad, but it sounds like they are really doing everything possible to be extra sure they are making the right choices in his care. Definitely better than going in for the biopsy when they shouldn't ya know? Hope these next steps go smoothly and they won't have to open him up. <3

Sorry the car thing didn't work out. :( But I guess Thursday isn't too far away.

That's great that your kids love the dentist! DD has her first dentist appointment in just under 2 weeks. It'll be interesting to see how she does with it. She's a great kid, but she's a little wiggly.

We turned her car seat around forward facing for the first time this afternoon. We got the new one after the accident. I would like to keep her rear facing even longer actually (she was 3 in February). She's content that way. But she's just too tall now. She's loving it though, getting the biggest kick out of watching what I'm doing.

Oh random but I have to tell this story on her from tonight. She was telling me about a little boy she knows from church who is naughty (I think he has some kind of sensory disorders and maybe some legit behavioral disorder actually). I asked her if he was getting nicer now because I know his mommy and daddy have been trying to help him learn how to be nice. She said, "Naughty boys don't become nice!" Umm...I didn't contradict her. She can keep that up until she's happily married right?? At least get through college right???

Erin-LMAO I loved that story! I cant believe you kept her rear facing so long! my kids are so freaking tall by 1 there was no way. and yes car rides were much more pleasant! I think my kids have come to love the dentist because I started them all going by the age of 1. Here in Michigan they say for the first visit to the dentitst it is either first tooth or first bday. my kids all had more than one tooth by one but I decided to wait till one. at that time they go every 3 months for little checks this helps them get used to having some one poke around. then at the age of 3 is when they start floride treatments then about 4 they start the full out cleaning. I am happy I started them so young because like now my daughter has been counting down the days till she gets to go.

yes I agree about my dad that they are doing everything in his best interest but at the same time I want it to go smoother ya know. my dad has been through hell and back more times then I care to count but this is the first time I am honestly scared. I am a very selfish person and I don't want to loose my dad. blake must know I have been feeling down today bc he has been super active....

well it is almost 11pm here so I suppose I should head to bed and try and get some sleep....

Well I guess DD has been too tall for some time. At the Safe Kids place (where they do installation checks), they just said as long as her head is an inch below the top of the headrest. Which it was because it's adjustable. That was when we first installed the convertible seat in my new car after I got it, so like December 2012. And she's well within the weight limit still (she's only 31 lbs). But when I dug into the manual again for the new car seat, she's too tall for RF. (Most places you look it mentions the weight limit, but you have to dig into the detailed stuff to know the height limit, and I guess it had just been too long. Bad mama.) I wanted her RF as long as she safely could because it's safest as long as it's within the guidelines for the child seat. But she's not anymore. She was so cute, she was like, "I can see EVERYTHING!!"

Yeah I have some regrets about not getting DD in sooner for her first dental appt. We have a married couple in our sunday school class at church and they are both dentists, and they say 6 mos after their first tooth. But when you call normal dentist offices, most of them start seeing kids at age 3. There are a couple of pediatric places in town, but I have heard they're awful. Even from a former employee of one. So we just waited until we could take her to our dentist. :-/

So sorry about the stuff with your dad, I can only imagine how you're feeling. :( I wish it could go smoother too. :(

:hugs: Hope you're able to get some restful sleep tonight.

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/IMG_20140429_201846_zpsayhbqlvd.jpg

Look at all that hair!!! I can't believe her hair is that long. Must take after her mom!

Samuel went to the dentist at two, but hasn't been since. :blush: but I need to take him because his front two top teeth are changing color. He took a hard fall when he was little and the dentist said they might change color, but years later? Doesn't sound right.

Erin, Samuel was rear facing forever, I always felt broken legs heal faster than a broken neck. But he's still in a 5 point harness. His car seat holds him up to 100 lbs. With the 5 point harness. As for your blog, I'm addicted to blogs. I have one myself that I've kept since I was pregnant with Samuel. I rarely get time to sit down and read a book, let alone finish one, so I stick to blogs. They're not nearly as long as a book chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->