A long term weight loss thread

Dobbs Im sorry about the exhaustion and the weight gain. Hopefully its just stress and retained water doing it to you. My family has diabetes also so I have to really watch my weight also.

AFM, I am down just shy of 4lbs in 2 weeks. I went from 185.5 to 181.9. It was a little lower yesterday but I kinda binged on chips and some chocolate last night. lol. Baby steps! Ive been sticking to riding my bike Monday-Friday for 1 hour/20 miles/500 calories total burned. Then I basically look like a mad woman power walking in my house to reach 7000 steps. Its working apparently. Now with the time change hopefully I can start walking at night again.

Good job cews! I can't wait for the weather to warm up. I'm also very excited about the time change!

Molly -- I don't :rofl:

Treats are hard because every other day at work people bring us treats. Today we’re gummy snacks with 19g of carbs when Keto only allows 20 lol. I just literally do not look and do not buy and loudly announce I am dieting followed by I’m prediabetic because nobody respects your diet :rofl:

Cew ty! And huge congrats on dropping the lbs!!! Killing it!

I’m loving the time change as well because of the sunlight and now A is up at 6:30 instead of 5:30. Thin the lack of blackout curtains may have had something to do with it. He’s still hitting the sack no fuss at 7:15ish

Day One Keto down! Not loving my food but trying to make it work. Knowing it’s now a health issue helps since A only has one good parent. I am super hungry and super tired because my house is all carbs lol didn’t realize how carb heavy I tend to be. And my wine is 4g so I can only have 1 glass a day (which is the recommendation anyway lol)
Sorry super whiney

Good luck with keto Dobs! And if you cone across any good recipes, do share :thumbup:

Ha, Myles problem of going to sleep at night too early was also "fixed" by the time change :haha:

Fats are my saving grace on keto I wouldn't have been able to do it when I did do it. Its rough when there's no 'keto friendly' foods at home and then people pushing carbs on you steady!

I actually went out on a limb finally and ordered mct oil. I had coconut oil from Walmart but the mct is pretty low so I figured spend a few more bucks for the extra kick.
I've been trying to eat low carb at least in the morning and it seems to be helping my energy level throughout the day. Been resisting the sweets soso-ish. I usually try to avoid weighing myself every day cause if I have carbs my water level goes up and its discouraging.
Baby has been improving with her fussing so I was able to get on the elliptical once last week. I really believe it is true what they say that this is the fourth trimester next Thursday she will be 12 weeks and I'm positive now that this crying will pass soon. Poor girl!

Wow it's hard to believe 12 weeks already!!!

You know i never even considered indoor exercise equipment but I may have to look into that...a tredmill may be of great use, at least i could walk and babywear. I tried last time with a stationary bike but was bumping baby with my thighs :haha:

I have an exercise bike that I got used and would love to add a treadmill to my equipment. Problem is, I don't have the room. My bike is in the living room due to the fact there is no where else to put it. I thought about the garage but there is no room as we use it for storage since we don't have an attic or a basement in this house. I hate the lack of storage in this house.

Cew I have the opposite problem lol. I get in home equipment and it sits there gathering dust and dog hair

Molly Congratulations on 12 weeks! Time sure does fly! So glad she’s settling so you have you time.

I did will myself to walk today even though all I wanted to do was cry and carb load. So small victories lol haha

Kudos dobs! Did you at least feel better/accomplished after?

I have a basement and had a spare bedroom before ds2. Our bike had been in both as well as the living room and I found when it was in the lr was when i used it most. I would ride while watching tv.

All irrelevant now as i broke it -.-

How do you all resist chocolate? Lol
Lol, I will openly admit to the fact that I can't. Remember the big bag of cadbury chocolate eggs my hubby brought home the other day... Well it's gone now, I killed it with a little help from DH.

Dobs, good luck with keto! Microwave foods I have always found bad for me for weight gain...

As for workout equipment, I hate those. Lol.. plus we plan on another move in the next year, and simply put: I don't want to move more stuff then we have right now. Ideally less stuff.. I like the videos where you just follow an instructor and they use your own body weight as weights for work out.

Lol, I will openly admit to the fact that I can't. Remember the big bag of cadbury chocolate eggs my hubby brought home the other day... Well it's gone now, I killed it with a little help from DH.

Dobs, good luck with keto! Microwave foods I have always found bad for me for weight gain...

As for workout equipment, I hate those. Lol.. plus we plan on another move in the next year, and simply put: I don't want to move more stuff then we have right now. Ideally less stuff.. I like the videos where you just follow an instructor and they use your own body weight as weights for work out.

I tried all the workout videos like that and I couldn't ever commit to it. I really don't know why! :shrug: The bike works for me because I can ride for an hour while my baby naps and my toddler "rests". I did find a tread climber for $200 that I want... again... zero idea where it could go at the moment. I seriously have no where I can put it in this house.

Yup I hear that about chocolate I thought it was just me haha my SO brought a fun pack of smarties as and coffee crisp. They are sitting on the counter burning me up every day lol

I wish I had good knees I wanted to try that insanity on YouTube once I got a little more shaped up but I don't think I could looks pretty intense on the joints.

Molly,
DH and I did a similar workout to insanity. It was only 20 minutes long because that's all the time we had to spare after 12 hour work shifts. They always had a person doing alternate things for those with physical issues when it came to high impact excercises.

I still recommend mommy & me workouts. YouTube is an amazing place for free workouts isn't it?!

I found a pair of my fav shorts and i can't even pull them over my enormous ass. very sad...i play a disc golf tournament in about 5 weeks and looks like i may have to buy fat shorts to wear :(

Grr Ikr I'm so frustrated with clothes. I probably wouldn't be able to get it over my rearend but I can't even get them past my chubby thighs. :sad2:

Ugh I hate this in between stage of too big for my clothes but too small for maternity clothes :/

Also according to my scale, I'm up in weight! I shouldn't be surprised, I've been eating my weight in chocolate mini eggs :haha: :cry: the sugar addiction is real y'all! I have to kick things into gear with my diet and I don't wanna! It's sooo hard with the sleep deprivation. I can't wait to get exercise back into my routine. It tends to help naturally boost my energy level.

In the meantime I am going to try and commit to not bringing anymore sugar into the house.

This attached picture has been showing up on my Facebook feed the last few days.. definitely how I felt when my new pants arrived.
Over the last few years I have always got my jeans from the same company
Before kids, size 6 (office job and lots of junk food) and 4 when I worked out again.
Post ds1: size 2, lost the extra office weight.
Post Ds2, we ordered from a different company. What is size 2, I can barely get over my thighs let alone close. (Ok, maybe a bit ambitious considering I am 4 weeks pp tomorrow) Size 4 is tight but doable maybe.. my body hasn't changed that much that I went up 3 sizes to a 6! This is not denial either, why can't they just measure our pants in inches like men's?

FB_IMG_1552671204502.jpg

Since its Friday I did my at home weigh in... In 17 days I went from 185.5+ (I think I was closer to 186) all the way down to 180.0 on the dot! So I lost over 5lbs! only 40 left to go for my LTG and 10 for my next goal! I figure if I can do 5-10 lb goal weight it will be slightly easier!

I do weigh myself every day which is dumb but mondays and fridays are my personal weigh-ins. Mondays weight was 181.9 so that's almost 2lbs in 5 days. I have worked my butt off and eating healthy foods for 3 weeks. Its so frustrating when all I want it a pizza but I LOVE seeing the lbs melt off on the scale. I don't see a difference in me yet but its still early.

Since its Friday I did my at home weigh in... In 17 days I went from 185.5+ (I think I was closer to 186) all the way down to 180.0 on the dot! So I lost over 5lbs! only 40 left to go for my LTG and 10 for my next goal! I figure if I can do 5-10 lb goal weight it will be slightly easier!

I do weigh myself every day which is dumb but mondays and fridays are my personal weigh-ins. Mondays weight was 181.9 so that's almost 2lbs in 5 days. I have worked my butt off and eating healthy foods for 3 weeks. Its so frustrating when all I want it a pizza but I LOVE seeing the lbs melt off on the scale. I don't see a difference in me yet but its still early.
Good news great work!

My scale is ******ed but I guess I should try n see what damage has been done lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->