A Mooncup Question

cherylanne

Mum/first tri #2
Reaction score
They come in different sizes!!

I went to boots to buy a mooncup yesterday and was surprised they come in different sizes. The question is, how do you know which size is for you? At 21.99 i don't want to have to buy it twice xx

I had no idea! Good luck with this, hopefully others can help.

Size 1 for ladies under 30 who haven't given birth vaginally and size 2 for if you have or are over 30.

https://www.pinkrobin.co.uk/shop/shop.php?pg1-cid117.html

cheaper here an explains sizes, i use size B as i have given birth :)

yeah, so much cheaper than sanitary products, really easy to use

daft question maybe, but how do you use it/fit it? is it comfortable? what about emptying/disposing? i always used tampons before pregnancy as i think pads are yucky tbh so having something 'there' kwim doesn't (generally) bother me, but haven't a clue how thesework.

xXx

you fold it and insert it, is liek mastering the nack of a tampon. emptying it is easy, you just do it in the sink(or toliet bowl) and rinse it then re insert

oh right, so it opens up when it's in so to speak? is it a soft material then? the pic on the website you showed it looks hard and plastic like.

omg, all i can think is the look on peoples faces rinsing it out in marks and spencer toilets :rofl:

periods are def a thing i haven't missed since being preg!!! :lol:

xXx

there kinda rubbery, you dont need to change it as much as a tampon, so changing it in public isnt usually an issue

ohhh right! no problems with 'leaking' etc? how long does 1 last both in re: to use and to overall useage then?

i know when i changed from pads to tampons it felt great knowingthat i wouldn't end up 'leaking' or ruining underwear!

sounds like something i'd like to givea go once i've had baby and been given the allclear etc

sorry for all the questions, they don't sound half as /hard to use now! thankyou!!

xXx

if used correctly they can last for years! mine has only ever leaked once, an its cos i was drunk an forgot it was in :blush: i had it in from 6pm till 10am the next morning :sick:

i change mine about 3-4 time sa day, but tbh i dont need to as often as tht! its safe to wear for up to 8 hours :)

I have always wondered about these but the thought of leaking or soemthing scares me, it took me years to get used to tampax!

Might have to look into them after babas here, read so many good reviews but still weary!

:rofl: at you being drunk and forgetting!! could you imagine having to ask partner to get it out whilst slurring about him passing you the make up remover wipes :rofl:

8hours isn't bad going at all!

thanksfor all the help, will def be investing in one after having baby! like i saidi'd heard about them but didn't have a clue, look a bit intimidating to say the least :lol:

xXx

Just looked they sell tehm on ebay not much cheaper but cheaper, I may look at one them in case I dont get on with it hten I aint wastine as much money!
Not sure about second hand ones though........ think Ill stick to the new shops!

im intrigued about these,
may look into it after bub is here.
cos i much prefer tampax to pads cos tbh wearing a pad makes me feel like im wearing a nappy

used 1s?! are you sure you're using ebay and not ebanned? :rofl:

that is gross gross gross!!!!

xXx

Thanks for the info lady's. One more question. DO you keep it in at night? Is it safe to use all day and night through out your period? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->