aarrfgghh rant

spicyorange

Reaction score
If anyone tells me "I'm still young" again I'm going to explode. I'm 27, really not that young. but when I say I hope to have a baby soon, people always say awww your still young you have loads of time.
1.that is not the point, I don't want to wait until tune is running out, I want more than 1 for a start.
2. Dh is 35, wev been married 4 years, it's not like we are rushing into it!!!
3. People who say it always have kids
4. SHUT THE F UP!!!!
5. I want it now.

Agh! People always say that kind of stuff...so annoying. For me, it basically went straight from "you're so young...you have lots of time" in my 20s to "when are you guys having kids? The clock is ticking!" As soon as I hit my 30s and hadn't gotten pregnant yet. It's a personal decision between us and our partners, and a lot of things factor in. I wish people would be a bit more sensitive and realize that their opinion isn't one of those things!

Amen sista!

It's always the people who wish they had done things differently that say that.. I know my family wants me to wait until I'm 30, but OH keeps saying he'll be too old by then :haha: (he's silly).

It's all dependent on the couple & I wish people would just shut it & live their own lives!

I get that all the time too. I want to have a second baby and people say that I have lots of time. I know I am only 27 and do have time, but I don't want a huge age gap and my daughter is already 16 months.

Tell me about it. All I ever hear is "why is everyone getting married and having kids..we're too young for all of that" Everyone seems to think there's SO much "to do" and so much "to see"? So you think that life is over when you get married and have kids or does that mean you have to ::gasp:: stop partying and bar hoping? :haha:

I think it's just because people who say things like that don't have their lives figured out yet or they didn't plan on having kids before they did. And now that society promulgates being single and partying until you're 35.. it makes people rethink their life decisions. "You should travel", "You should buy a house", "You should win the lottery".. before having kids..

To each his own! Was this a little far off? I think I am venting a tad off topic, haha!! Sorry!

The annoying thing is I have the other half of people I know saying things like "so is this the year then"
It's none of anyone else's business and I wish they would all back off, for all they know I could have fertility issues, it's nothing to do with random colleagues, acquaintances or people you hardly know.

omg! i hate that so much, just f off ill do what i want with my life! i always say dont worry about what im doing worry about yourself, that usually shuts them up!

I agree with what Bumpy said. I think a lot of people put a lot of stock into partying & living the single life until you're mid 30's THEN you settle down. But, I've never been into that life. Not my thing. Love & babies are my thing. :haha:

It doesn't get any better after you've had a baby either.

I think DD was about 58 seconds old when people started asking "so when are you having more"

People will always judge. Just smile and nod :hugs:

i agree that it never ends, after my first all i got was when are you having another, which was easy as we wanted another soon, but then got people saying, why the rush?!?! after our second they said so your done now, and when i say no its like but you have 2!! sometimes i think its conversation but some people just think you should do it exactly as they did, very frustrating!!

Ah I completely agree! I find there are always the people who are soooo shocked that we want a baby soon which I don't understand as I'm 27, hubby is 33 and we've been together for 8 years and married for 3 years!

On the other hand, at work the guys there think I'm some strange creature for being married for sooooo long (in their eyes) and not "given my husband a child yet" (yes, that is how they put it!) it makes me angry at least once a week! I know that when we do start trying if it doesn't happen very quickly then their questions will start to upset me. People are just thoughtless and should stop having so many opinions on other people's lives!

Sorry big rant from me aswell!

I can't remember if anyone has asked when I'll have children.

And if you turn 30 before having a baby people will tell you to hurry up time is running out, you can't win, don't worry about anyone else. Age obviously does have some effect but situation is more important, I'm 26 and have had my second, this would terrify most people but I'm married, we have good jobs, we had lots of time together before having the boys and we love that we are going to be like my parents and that's in our 40s when the kids have grown up. Life is too short to worry about anyone else, make the most of the time you have with your hubby before your WTT but look forward to the exciting new stage of your life coming up, having a child doesn't end one life, it just develops into another :)

And if you turn 30 before having a baby people will tell you to hurry up time is running out, you can't win, don't worry about anyone else. Age obviously does have some effect but situation is more important, I'm 26 and have had my second, this would terrify most people but I'm married, we have good jobs, we had lots of time together before having the boys and we love that we are going to be like my parents and that's in our 40s when the kids have grown up. Life is too short to worry about anyone else, make the most of the time you have with your hubby before your WTT but look forward to the exciting new stage of your life coming up, having a child doesn't end one life, it just develops into another :)

Aww, that was sweet and encouraging :thumbup:

Yes, I agree the comments never end. I'm really looking forward to having my first and punching someone out for giving me their "advice" 24/7.. I hear it's absolutely maddening..:hissy: I am pretty sure people just start to annoy us more at this stage in our lives lol

I'll be 30 in December and can't wait for those comments. :roll:

:dohh: I'm 22 - ill be 23 in April, my pregnancy wasn't planned (but I love DD SO much.) well my sister's 27 & people seriously asked her, "so how does it feel your YOUNGER sister had kids before you?!" Uhmm..rude much?! My sisters graduating school in May, and she isn't financially ready for a baby. Her OH isn't ready for kids. She's gotten to the point she said she doesn't care :haha:. People always have opinions. Those are the same people that are going to give you ANNOYING parenting advice when you do have kids.

Oh sweet moon I HATE it when people say this! Lately everyone has been trying to convince us that we shouldn't have another baby. They all say that we're still young and with just one baby we could do so much more with our lives and he's so perfect that we should just stop while we're ahead. I don't care how young we are, I don't care if having more kids means that I "won't get to do as much with my life", and I don't care how easy my DS is and how I will apparently never have another one that easy because you know the people who say these things can apparently see the future and just know that any other children I have will be complete nightmares. We still want two more kids, and we don't want too large an age gap between them. Besides, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like to have an empty nest before I hit 50 so that I can do all of those things that I apparently wouldn't get to do if I had more children before I get too old to do them and I would like to be alive to know my grandchildren.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->