About 6 positive tests yesterday but now..

xpatchx

Wife, Mummy and pregnant!
Reaction score
Got a negative on a CB yesterday but lots of positives on IC's/ I've got a VERY faint line on an IC this morning (like a shadow of a line) - and STILL negative on the Clear Blue's.
I was uncomfortable last night, like trapped wind, and I had to go to to bed at like half 9 because it worried me.
Likely to mean I'm not pregnant, or can my HCG levels go up and down?

Thanks x

Depends on a few things.

When is/was AF due?
Did you follow the testing guidelines to the letter?
Did you use FMU?

HCG doesn't really fluctuate but the level is easier to detect first thing in the morning, especially before AF is due.

CB's are less sensitive than most ICs so it can take a few days until they turn positive.
Try not to panic and test again in a few days :hugs:

CBs are less sensitive as others have said. The cheapies can give you a very faint positive 6 days before your period would have come. The CB digis are effective 4 days early at the very best. Try again in at least 3 days and stick with the cheapies in the meantime.

Different tests pick up different hormone levels...even specially designed early and digital ones are not necessarily more sensitive than any other. Could you visit your docs in Monday and ask for them to do a urine test for you? Hope you get the news you want, and good luck :)

digis are far less sensitive hun so thats prob why you aren't getting a positive on one just yet x

The doctors won't do a test because I've done one and it's come out positive, even if I'e had negatives too.
Todays test was a CB AND the same brand IC's as yesterday and only got a faint line. Planning on leaving it a week or so and seeing how it goes.

I'm 4 weeks and 1 day since my last period, but I don't know when my next is due because they are never in any sort of pattern. Sometimes 4 weeks sometimes 6. If I don't come on in a week I'll test again! Still hopeful - I've never had a false positive before, but I have had mc's so I'm not holding on too tight because I don't want to be too attached to the thought of being regnant and losing it. I was in a lot of pain last night but not today and no blood so hopefully it was just lucky for me to get the positives yesterday, and the pains were trapped wind! xx

The CB's weren't digis, just the ones that can test 4 days before period is due. I wasn't so worried about them being neg, but not sure why my IC's are now either faint, or neg. Bleurgh haha

Try first response or asdas own. I found both those picked up really early (6days before af) x

Your HcG levels double every 48hours so wait 2days and do a Clearblue with FMU hun xx

Thanks girls - will wait a few days and see how it goes :) I'm hoping I am pregnant - and like 5+ positives would be odd to be wrong, but suddenly they've all stopped so we shall have to see how it goes in a few days! :(

I would keep testing with ICs every other day with FMU for now. The line should continue to get darker. Then, when the test line is pretty strong, try another brand like a CB digi. Should save you some cash rather than using branded tests every few days

Yeh I only used one set of branded tests when I got my + yesterday, but now I don't really seem to be getting anything out of the IC's (done 2 today, and one seemed to be shadowed with FMU and one has nothing) - so I think that either all of yesterdays tests were wrong, or something's gone wrong and I'm just waiting to bleed

ICs are notoriously difficult to read. Hope its just a shy bean

Got a negative on a CB yesterday but lots of positives on IC's/ I've got a VERY faint line on an IC this morning (like a shadow of a line) - and STILL negative on the Clear Blue's.
I was uncomfortable last night, like trapped wind, and I had to go to to bed at like half 9 because it worried me.

Thanks x

I know how you fee, Patch! I got the faintest of faint lines on a FRER- so faint I thought it was that weird indent they have. Then I had a couple of super faint (DH and my BFF both looked at me like I was nuts) lines on dollar store cheapies. This was from about 7-4 days before AF. DH bought me some CB digi's and it kept saying Not Pregnant. I was so sad! Thought I was totally out this month. But I kept testing (POAS addict, lol), and the FRER and dollar tests kept coming back with super light lines. Finally, the day before AF was due the CB finally said "Pregnant". I had some really great "I told you so!" moments with DH, lol. :haha:
You are not out till the witch shows! HUgs and luck to you!

Thanks x

I know how you fee, Patch! I got the faintest of faint lines on a FRER- so faint I thought it was that weird indent they have. Then I had a couple of super faint (DH and my BFF both looked at me like I was nuts) lines on dollar store cheapies. This was from about 7-4 days before AF. DH bought me some CB digi's and it kept saying Not Pregnant. I was so sad! Thought I was totally out this month. But I kept testing (POAS addict, lol), and the FRER and dollar tests kept coming back with super light lines. Finally, the day before AF was due the CB finally said "Pregnant". I had some really great "I told you so!" moments with DH, lol. :haha:
You are not out till the witch shows! HUgs and luck to you!

You give me hope! The only thing thats getting me down is that the SAME batch of tests that showed positive yesterday morning, day time and evening, aren't showing a line when pee'd on now! Bah - we shall see lol! I'm gonna give it another 6 days so I am officially 5 weeks from LMP and then do another. I hate this limbo period - I've had the 2ww, and now I have even longer with positive tests in the background haha x

How are you feeling? Have you been having any symptoms at all? Come on, give us all the dirt on your symptoms!!!! :) I want to know!! :hugs:

I've been hungry more so than usual which is unlike me, I've had gooey snot like CM and I've been bloated (which I don't get with AF) but thats it really.
My boobs hurt all the time so that's nothing unusual.

I don't think I have any others. I just feel... weird. My stomach feels bloated and has done for days. I have IBS but my meds usually help that so I don't feel floated. I haven't eaten anything I shouldn't - but it could be that anyway!

Don't like not knowing!

HCG doesn't really fluctuate but the level is easier to detect first thing in the morning, especially before AF is due.

jep 100% right, fluctuations in your HCG level are almost zero

Do try a clearblue digital. I was only getting really faint lines on a couple of normal tests (and that was with holding them up to the light). I cracked open clearblue digital first thing the next morning and it came up pregnant. I'm sure you'll get the same result. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->