Absolutely disgusting!!

Okay I see you edited. I did NOT call you racist so please don't be defensive, it is a phrase that I'm sure I have used in the past as have a lot of people but the article makes a very valid point. Its so unrealistic to expect the world to be 'colourblind' and for everyone to suddenly just not notice other races and ethnicities. I found this quote very interesting:

"Putting the issue this way brings up one more problem with these dismissive lists that usually include strangely colored people. They imply, paradoxically, that on the one hand there's no reason to even notice racial difference anymore, but then on the other, that there's also something bad about racial difference, which is also why the speaker wishes the whole topic would just disappear."

Your post just reminded me of this but of course I am not calling you racist! That would be ridiculous and completely wrong as you clearly are not racist at all, and how am I trying to tear apart every sentence you write? You were the one who initially replied to me :shrug:

God you are so rude! Can you manage to have a debate without using the :rofl: and :dohh: a million times? And why do you seem to think that I always post articles to analyse what people say, that just isn't even true at all.

I'm not rude but you are analyzing what I say. I said it because it's just how I speak. I don't see people for what colour they are. I have black people in my family. I don't introduce them as "this is my black cousin Andy.." You know? It's insulting to say the least. I have no problem discussing things but when it comes down to it I don't enjoy someone jumping in and taking a sentence I've written and insinuating the meaning behind it by posting an internet article. I use smilies because I do think it's kind of funny and I don't like arguing on the internet so I don't want it to get serious, though you seem to have been so offended by what I've said that it really doesn't matter!

(Also a million times is a huge exaggeration, I won't go back and count but I'm sure I'd be able to with the amount of fingers on both hands)

I don't get how that article implies that you're racist?

I didn't see it like that :shrug:

I don't get how that article implies that you're racist?

I didn't see it like that :shrug:

It quite clearly implies no such thing, I have used the phrase before too but reading that article kind of opened my eyes to why perhaps being 'colourblind' isn't necessarily the answer. I give up though, this is going nowhere!

Idiots comment on everything, it doesn't change the point of the article.

Jem you say that people are analysing what you are saying...but people have only commented about how you think its funny about the daily mail getting the blame?

I personally don't think it is funny in anyway shape or form. Its very biaised in its view and tends to report things that encourage certain views or instills in people other views and ideas. I know for a fact that, if I had that paper in my team room, some of my already racist team would have a field day and it would turn into a very racist debate. (I say debate, but a slanging match is probably the case tbh)

It would be something I could handle...if they took a view from the other side too. But they don't. So they only get the news from one side, which just reinforces the racist views I have to deal with. I hope that makes sense.

I think that other people are merely offering their opinion and then you say about changing the thread. You're right, it has. But then if some newspapers don't offer everything from both angles, surely it would be wise for others to intervene.

I don't think anyone has mentioned anywhere that you are racist at all. And it is obvious that you are capable of deducting your own opinion. Unfortunately, not everyone can take a step out of the box like that.

My friend Lauren once told me she was scared of Muslim people because they were trying to turn our country into an Islamic state :dohh: Guess where she got that from?! The DM columnists are pure evil! I cannot take any paper seriously that allows the likes of Richard Littlejohn, Peter Hitchens and Melanie Philips to be paid a fortune to voice their awful, bigoted opinions.

Jem you say that people are analysing what you are saying...but people have only commented about how you think its funny about the daily mail getting the blame?

I personally don't think it is funny in anyway shape or form. Its very biaised in its view and tends to report things that encourage certain views or instills in people other views and ideas. I know for a fact that, if I had that paper in my team room, some of my already racist team would have a field day and it would turn into a very racist debate. (I say debate, but a slanging match is probably the case tbh)

It would be something I could handle...if they took a view from the other side too. But they don't. So they only get the news from one side, which just reinforces the racist views I have to deal with. I hope that makes sense.

I think that other people are merely offering their opinion and then you say about changing the thread. You're right, it has. But then if some newspapers don't offer everything from both angles, surely it would be wise for others to intervene.

I don't think anyone has mentioned anywhere that you are racist at all. And it is obvious that you are capable of deducting your own opinion. Unfortunately, not everyone can take a step out of the box like that.

Yet most of the people on this thread are an example of not being influenced by newspapers.

I'm sorry but there is a huge amount of stupid people in this world, that yes, can be influenced by a newspaper. But the simple fact is, is that a lot of racist and bigoted people have got that view from elsewhere. Is that to say that the likes of the Daily Mail do not fuel the fire? No. Again, did I say that the Daily mail was funny for being one sided? No. I don't even read it apart from the celebrity "news" and that was what I was referring to what I said I read it and find it funny. Simply because it's a load of shit that isn't news. Also yes, I do find it quite amusing that all bad behaviour is accredited to this one newspaper. Never said you weren't right in your opinion, or Lou wasn't. I just don't see WHY this has to turn into a "newspapers are evil!" debate when it is NOT the only thing that contributes towards the amount of crap in this Country!

My Grandfather was a MASSIVE racist. That wasn't reading newspapers that fuelled him, it was because he was bought up like it. There are still a hell of a lot of people living in the past in this Country and those views get passed on like a family heirloom.

It just gets my goat. I get what you're saying, I respect that opinion. It just gets a little tiring sometimes, like when that foul-mouthed woman on the tram was posted about. "Oh must be another DM reader!" Seriously? Maybe she was just a complete c*nt who was off her head?

The Judge in this case must have been on crack. The police and CPS clearly had enough evidence to get it to court, and then the muppet judge gives them merely a 'telling off'. Bad times! I hope if I'm ever unfortunate enough to be attacked I don't get that idiot judge. Poor girl

Racism needs to be stamped out. You need to be dealt with fairly regardless of your race, religion or colour.

If we continue as a nation to let ANYONE get away with it, even if you just ignore it, we will never successfully stamp it out!

My original response to the thread Jem. It no ways explains that I think DM is responsible.

I didn't like the fact you though DM was funny...you did not originally specify that it was the celebrity section you found funny. In fact it appeared to me that you found it funny that others implied DM was able to direct peoples views which was funny?

I've never said that the tram lady was a DM reader.

I've never said the DM is responsible for racist views. BUT DM does have a very one sided approach. I have already agreed that there must be racist tendencies in the first place but I think that DM purely fuels that fire in people.

If my mum read DM...she would be much more racist IMO.

I DO think that newspapers have a lot to answer for and I will say the same. Some people aren't educated enough to read through the shit and dechiper what is shit stirring and what is actual unbiased news.

What is it with people blaming the Daily Mail for all the bad in this Country. It's so funny :rofl: It's a newspaper. Not all of us are mindless drones who listen to everything someone writes. Not to mention the article was actually written by The Sun (the one pertaining to this thread) You can't blame racism, violence, bad parenting, laziness etc. and all the bad in this Country on the blimming Daily Mail. Honestly :coffee:

I'm sorry but that in no way implies that you find the DM funny because of the celebrity news.

In fact it does feel as though that you find it funny that others have opinions that the DM is accountable for the encouragement of those views.

Trying reading my posts later on. And are you seriously trying to tell me what I find funny and what I don't? I said "I read the DM, and I find it funny". I also said I DO find it funny that people blame the DM for all the bad in this Country. Did I ANYWHERE specifically say "I find the DM funny because it fuels racism in people with it's one sided views lolololololol". ?Seriously, calm down.

:coffee:

I think if you looks at my posts Jem...quoting YOUR posts. YOU are the one who said you find it funny that others blame DM for some of the problems that are around today.

I got all of that from READING your posts? Maybe you should read them back.

I'm really glad you find the DM funny. Way to go, high five and all that.

Surely from the posts you can see why people originally questioned you???

I think you are being rude and defensive tbh.

No if you DID read my post I said.. and I hate to quote myself "What is it with people blaming the Daily Mail for all the bad in this Country. It's so funny :rofl: "

I didn't say I find it funny that some people blame the DM for some of the problems that are around today

Those are two totally different things being said right there. Perhaps you find me rude, that's your prerogative but I'm not defensive, I just like to get facts straight. And wow, I find the DM funny, must make me a bad person just like them. I'll go to back to my racist, bigoted hole now :thumbup:

Same difference in my opinion, I just reworded it? :shrug:

I need to take a step back now because I am getting frustrated. I think you are rude, aggressive and defensive and seem to be unable to 'step out of your box' and see where some of us where coming from.

You keep throwing insults at yourself as though others have accused you being racist etc... on this thread which has NEVER been the case. You make out that others have directly called you because you read the DM, which has never been the case. Others have just highlighted its faults. I'm glad you read it, I hope you enjoy it!

Okay, you know me so well. After a few posts on a forum. Thanks for telling me who I am.

Anyway, not going to quote myself again but I said several times I understand where people are coming from, also that I respect that opinion. Shame some don't have the same respect. People are always going to disagree. But thanks for insulting me, I hope it made you feel like a better person :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->