absolutely petrified!!!

honeybee2

Reaction score
reading through all your IVF and IUI stories- its quite harrowing and upset :cry: I'm so sorry that we are the ones to suffer childless. We are going on the list in 11 months- 2 months after we marry and im absolutely petrified that this isn't going to work for us. What if it doesnt work? :shrug:

what will i do?? :nope:

Its horrific. Fair play ladies, your all so brave, hope I can be as brave as you!!!! Babydust to all xx

Hi huni :hugs: to you, huge congrats on you getting married hope you have a fab day :flower:

You will be amazed how you cope when thrown on this journey huni tbh & the longing for finally being able to hold your little miracle keeps you on this path dont get me wrong the journey is a rollorcoaster but will up be worth it in the end.

xxxx

Honeybee, you see some very sad posts here. I try to concentrate on the good ones. I sometimes visit the BFP forum just to get some encouragement and read some positive posts.

At the same time.. this is a great place to vent and share experiences. I don't feel so alone anymore. I waited exactly 6 years to find out what was wrong with me. I would recommend to anyone NEVER to wait that long. Come to find out... nothing is wrong. My doctor immediately recommended IUI and I am hopeful that I am finally going to get our much awaited bambino LOL I actually feel really great knowing that I am in good hands with a team of doctors and nurses that can help me. I feel bad for people that can't afford assisted fertility or don't even know this is an option for them.

Babydust to you as well!!

Honeybee, you see some very sad posts here. I try to concentrate on the good ones. I sometimes visit the BFP forum just to get some encouragement and read some positive posts.

At the same time.. this is a great place to vent and share experiences. I don't feel so alone anymore. I waited exactly 6 years to find out what was wrong with me. I would recommend to anyone NEVER to wait that long. Come to find out... nothing is wrong. My doctor immediately recommended IUI and I am hopeful that I am finally going to get our much awaited bambino LOL I actually feel really great knowing that I am in good hands with a team of doctors and nurses that can help me. I feel bad for people that can't afford assisted fertility or don't even know this is an option for them.

Babydust to you as well!!

i just want to echo what you say and also add after 8 yrs im about to have ivf, i did go to the clinic after 2 yrs but wasnt treated that great in my opinion and even the most basic of tests were not done, since moving last year things have proggressed very quickly and i wish id moved clinics sooner so as well as not leaving it to long also make sure you get all the care you deserve and are entitled to. :hugs:

girls your all so incredibly brave!! wannabmum- may I aks what happened with the adoption process?

This will always be an option for us- but I suppose I'm a bit selfish and long for the feeling of pregnancy, of course we wouldnt not consider adoption if that was our only chance.

deep in my heart, I know I'm meant to be a mum.. i know its meant to happen. One day.

girls your all so incredibly brave!! wannabmum- may I aks what happened with the adoption process?

This will always be an option for us- but I suppose I'm a bit selfish and long for the feeling of pregnancy, of course we wouldnt not consider adoption if that was our only chance.

deep in my heart, I know I'm meant to be a mum.. i know its meant to happen. One day.

Hi huni of course you can, it was nephew we were meant to be adopting my sister unexpectedly fell pregnancy and didn't want another child & said she would only go threw with the pregnancy if dh & I adopted baby, which we agreed to I was there at his birth & he came home with dh and I 6 hours after he was born where he was for just under 3 weeks we were still in contact with my sister and she was telling us and my mum she was happy with everything then his bio dad appeared at my door demanding we handed him the wee one I called emergency duty team social services (bio dad drinks excessively, takes drugs, has a history of domestic violence etc) & we were told not to hand over the wee one at that point I tried to call my sister to find out what was going on & couldnt get her then the next evening at the back of 9pm at night the police were sent to our door and took the wee man away (basically accusing us of kidnap later found out tho the police officer was friend with bio dads sister) after being accused of that i was scared to even call my sister as the would be a record I called but not what was said and i was scared of what else we may be accused of so never heard anything for just under 3 weeks when I got a call from my sister asking me to go collect all her kids as things that were happening with baby dad, we did and social workers then placed a CPO (child protection order) on the kids so they couldn't get removed from our care for the moment that was 5 weeks ago wee man still here CPO been extended for a further 3 weeks but not sure how long he will be with us :nope:

xxxx

oh my goodness!!! how horrific for you!! so sorry :hugs: x

Hi hun!

It can be scary at first but after your first few jabs then it will be a lot easier. I think the mental stress is worse personally, the medication is fine actually.

With my first IVF we got a BFP and i thought "this is quite easy!" then at the 20 week scan the baby was diagnosed with fluid on the brain, nothing could be done to save her from severe brain damage so we had to terminate at 24 weeks.... Horrific. I was not allowed to start treatment again until 5 months later when we had a frozen embryo transfer with two blasts - failed. IVF #2 was cancelled due to understimulation and dropped down to IUI which failed. IVF #2 (again as i call it) stimmed better, 2 embies transfered - failed. We had one frozen embie out of it and thawed that but it arrested so they were unable to transfer and it failed again. We are now in the process of IVF #3. Its a bit of a lottery and you never know what could happen. The important thing to remember is that with IVF you have basically a 1 in 4 chance of it working so 25% chance BUT people are in that 25% and it can work first time, others are not so fortunate and it can take many tries and to be realistic, sometimes it never does work for people. What I have learnt though is that it doesnt matter if you get 20 eggs or 2 eggs, it doesnt increase your chances it just increases your chances of trying (more times) Also with transfers some people opt for a 3 day and some a 5 day. There is no scientific proof that one works better than the other although each hospital has its owns belief!

I hope this helps and that you are one of the very lucky ones and it works first time but to reassure you, I have had som many procedures now it just feels like a way of life! :haha: Good luck xxxx

Hi hun!

It can be scary at first but after your first few jabs then it will be a lot easier. I think the mental stress is worse personally, the medication is fine actually.

With my first IVF we got a BFP and i thought "this is quite easy!" then at the 20 week scan the baby was diagnosed with fluid on the brain, nothing could be done to save her from severe brain damage so we had to terminate at 24 weeks.... Horrific. I was not allowed to start treatment again until 5 months later when we had a frozen embryo transfer with two blasts - failed. IVF #2 was cancelled due to understimulation and dropped down to IUI which failed. IVF #2 (again as i call it) stimmed better, 2 embies transfered - failed. We had one frozen embie out of it and thawed that but it arrested so they were unable to transfer and it failed again. We are now in the process of IVF #3. Its a bit of a lottery and you never know what could happen. The important thing to remember is that with IVF you have basically a 1 in 4 chance of it working so 25% chance BUT people are in that 25% and it can work first time, others are not so fortunate and it can take many tries and to be realistic, sometimes it never does work for people. What I have learnt though is that it doesnt matter if you get 20 eggs or 2 eggs, it doesnt increase your chances it just increases your chances of trying (more times) Also with transfers some people opt for a 3 day and some a 5 day. There is no scientific proof that one works better than the other although each hospital has its owns belief!

I hope this helps and that you are one of the very lucky ones and it works first time but to reassure you, I have had som many procedures now it just feels like a way of life! :haha: Good luck xxxx

Sammy that is heartbreaking. I am so sorry about your DD.

My story is I have 3 older children (21, 19 and 12). I got remarried 6 years ago and decided on and off to have a baby with my DH. I wasn't very serious about it really until this year. I was always wishy washy about it. This year I decided to seek help because it just wasn't happening naturally. I'm 39 now and I feel healthy, full of energy. I am hoping to have at least one with my DH. Lots of praying on my end and holding on to bible scriptures to keep the hope alive. Maybe I'm a Pollyanna but I really think that I'm going to be pregnant soon.

Hi hun!

Sammy that is heartbreaking. I am so sorry about your DD.

My story is I have 3 older children (21, 19 and 12). I got remarried 6 years ago and decided on and off to have a baby with my DH. I wasn't very serious about it really until this year. I was always wishy washy about it. This year I decided to seek help because it just wasn't happening naturally. I'm 39 now and I feel healthy, full of energy. I am hoping to have at least one with my DH. Lots of praying on my end and holding on to bible scriptures to keep the hope alive. Maybe I'm a Pollyanna but I really think that I'm going to be pregnant soon.

Thanks hun... i know. Until that day i just thought these things happened to everyone else. Wrong. It was the saddest time of my life and I think about her all the time. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->