• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Active group of Military Spouses, Girlfriends, and Fiances TTC

Hello everyone!!!
So my cycle got all screwed up. So my ticker is off so I have to fix it but I started clomid this cycle once it finally came, So I am hopeful that it works out this cycle!!! How is everyone else doing! Congrats to all those who have gotten their BFPs!!

Oh and I was wandering does anyone have insurance other than Tricare?

so how is everyone doing?

Oh yeah i have my first fs appt today!!! YAY!!!!

Welcome USAFnineWife!

Do you have to do iui before you can do ivf?

I saw you lived in Alaska! That's where my husband and I met we went to high school at Bartlett. And lived on Elmendorf AFB.

I just wanted to let you know I am sorry for your loss, We lost my little sister 2 years ago after my step mom suffered from HELLP syndrome!

Thanks it means alot. :flower: I'm also sorry to hear about your baby sister.. :hugs:

I just know how hard it is to deal with! It was one of the hardest thinks we went through! It is hard to say goodbye to someone that you are just meeting.

I will let you know how everything goes... i hope that she can help. can anyone that has gone to fs tell me what happens during your first appt

I went to a reproductive endocrinologist. We sat down with the doctor and he explained the testing process for both me and Dh. DH was easy. He had blood work and a SA and he was done.
I had to wait until I got my period to start anything but I ended up developing cysts on my ovaries so I had to wait to complete the testing until they were gone. Once they were gone, I went through bloodwork, HSG, and a falopian tube xray.
My results came back as PCOS (known for ten years I had it) with a slight testosterone imbalance (very slight no extra hair, face issues etc), and hypothyroidism.
The tests should usually take about 60 days to complete. Then once they are done, they will treat you.
I am on my first supervised round of fertility with Femara and the HCG shot.

I will let you know how everything goes... i hope that she can help. can anyone that has gone to fs tell me what happens during your first appt

Hey I saw in your siggy that you also lost a child. I'm very sorry for your loss. :hugs: And the site you made him is beautiful.

I just know how hard it is to deal with! It was one of the hardest thinks we went through! It is hard to say goodbye to someone that you are just meeting.

O yes very hard. I just remember feeling "not here" or feeling like life was "surreal" and numb.

yes I still have issues when I go home to visit I feel like she should be there running and giving me a hug!

wow i didnt know it would take that long for them to actually treat me

It depends on your cycles. Usually they can get all the testing done in one cycle. Then the results take 1-3 weeks. Mine was delayed due to cysts.

And some may be able to begin treatment before all the results are back, it just really depends on you and the situation. Because if you have been pregnant before their are not the issues of worrying if you ovulate or not or if your husbands sperm work correctly, but in the end it is all about your situation!

gueyilla1985 - How did your appointment go??????????

I went to my appt today and the dr said that she thinks i have pcos from my symptoms and the fact that my cycles are so irregular> so she put me on metformin ( i think that is how you spell it LOL) and she also gave my prenatals with folic acid. then she gave me paperwork to take to the lab on cd3 so that i can have bloods drawn to check my hormones, tyroid, diabetes and other stuff that i cant remember at this moment lol. and she also said that a couple of days after i have the blood work done she wants me to have an ultrasound.
So i took my first pill of met. at dinner Oh yeah and she said she wants me to lose 10 lbs but idealy 20lbs before i get preggo.if all my hormones are not showing anything crazy and the ultrasound is good she will put me on clomid!!!

with the metformin try low carb. It will help you lose weight and keep the nasty side effects at bay most of the time.

Try and take the metformin at night, I am on it and some of the side effects suck, also when you do start clomid, take it at night too =)

No problem, I had to learn the hard way when to take it! I took it one morning before work and was not feeling that medication during the day! At least at night most of the side effects are not experienced because you are asleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->