Acupuncture - Herbal Treatment *6 BFPs*

hey scorpio yeh we are definitely trying this cycle. I have been using OPK's the last 2 days and tonight got a positive so looks like if I do O it will be tomoro.

Would love the help re the temping though I know its better to do it thks :hugs:

Madeline xxx

Hi Ladies-

I'm new to this thread but very interested to hear your experiences with Herbal/Acupuncture. I'm 38 and have been working with a great Naturopath for the past year (for non-fertility related concerns; though since I just had a chemical pregnancy last week--1st confirmed since I had much more sensitive hpts & got a blood test this time; 3rd suspected) we're shifting the focus to that. She has put me on a 4 week program of supplements/herbs that she believes will correct the mineral/hormonal deficiencies that might have contributed to the mc. She also referred me to an acupuncturist on the area who she said is THE person to see in the Boston for fertility issues. so, waiting to hear back about an appointment. My doc has also referred me to a RE & I had my consult yesterday. I think I'd like to try the natural route for now, but I will go through the initial round of blood work/ultrasound with the RE to get baseline levels & to find out if there are areas of concern.

Myra, sorry for your loss and its great to hear you're trying the natural route.
So far my acu/herb experience has been great. Two ladies here have just anounced their BFP :)
I'm going to see my dr tomorrow and hope to get my BFP in a week or so.
But if not I'm pretty happy that I've come this far (first OV after D&C).

Welcome Myra! I am 38 also and have decided to try the natural route first too. I had a miscarriage in March and miscarried naturally. I hope to get prego soon and hoping food and acupuncture will help me out. Good luck!

Wooohooooo Misswish, tons of sticky dust!!!! xx

Hobb~ :thumbup: for the food post! :)

Madeline~ Before I got my bfp, I had a 26 day cycle and would O cd12. O was cd15 this cycle. It could be a one time thing or the body changing things a bit. That's just my opinion though.. Glad to see you got a + opk, fx!!

Welcome Myra, I'm sorry about your loss. I loved acupuncture and can't wait to set up my appointment. Sounds like you will be in great hands! :)

Hi everyone else, sending :dust:

thks pinkorblue :) i am hoping its a good sign. I read that early ovulation before cd11 of 28 day cycle can indicate poor egg quality.Fingers crossed :) sticky dust to you too xxx

Madeline xxx

Hey ladies. Just had my 7th acu treatment & its my 2nd week off all herbs. Only having vit d,vit c & folic acid daily.
Im now on DPO6/CD33. Dr was pleased with BBT chart as temps r staying elevated. She put some needles in my lower back (it hurt this time), wrists & ankles. She asked me not to let anyone touch my shoulders & not to get a massage. No cold drinks (especially as its winter for us Aussies).
Im back in 4 weeks (awesome timing as my dr is on holidays until then).

hey Scorpio

omg in your wrists and ankles ohhhh i don't think i could handle that....awesome news about the temps :)

Madeline xxx

thks pinkorblue :) i am hoping its a good sign. I read that early ovulation before cd11 of 28 day cycle can indicate poor egg quality.Fingers crossed :) sticky dust to you too xxx

Madeline xxx

Really? Good to know just in case it ever happens. :)

Scorpio~ Great news about your temps! Sorry to hear some of those needles were painful though.

Just got back from my second acupuncture treatment. It is like forced meditation. I mean you can't really move so all you can do is relax.
She prescribed some herbs this time and evening primrose oil to start with. I should be starting AF soon and I get menstrual migraines so supposedly the concoction she made up for me should help with the migraine relief. I would like to think that I am already pregnant but I have absolutely no symptoms and in fact I feel really good. HAHA!

How is everyone else doing? Any more BFPs?

i wish I found it relaxing hobnob but I am glad you do and its awesome that you feel great I think thats a great sign :)

Madeline xxx

i wish I found it relaxing hobnob but I am glad you do and its awesome that you feel great I think thats a great sign :)

Madeline xxx

Aw Madeline, you don't like acupuncture? Does it hurt you?

I usually always feel pretty good about this time in my cycle when I am NOT pregnant. So, I've drawn the conclusion I must not be pregnant. Booo. but I am ready to move onto the next cycle already.

Pinkorblue11, why are you stressed??

Dealing with shopping for different medical insurance and going over our budget to see if we can afford it. It's my first time having to look into it. I'm so used to dh having it through his employer so I had no idea what I was in for lol.

Hobb~ here's hoping you're the next to announce a bfp!

hey hobnob not all the needles but in my lower back is painful especially when he moves them around! I will keep going though I am already seeing benefits I think, I hurt my back last week and after the acupuncture recovery was really quick. i read that acupuncture creates new blood vessels.

I know you don't feel pregnant but I still have my fingers crossed for you :flower:

Madeline xxx

PS sorry you are stressed out pinkorblue xx

ZHi everyone

Myra sorry for your losses but I hope acupuncture leads to good results for you.

Hobbnob I have my fx that you're pg - stranger things have happened!

Madeline, I hope acu gets better for you. Sometimes I worry I don't feel the needles enough, I like to think when I feel it it means it's working.

Pinkorblue, sorry that you're feeling stressed :hugs:

Hello Scorpio! How are the vits? Have you ever heard of the foresight plan? I think it might be a uk based thing and I think some people are dubious about hair tests, but me and DH had our hair tested to see what vits and minerals we are lacking and then were given a personalised vit plan accordingly. We take about 20 tablets each a day!!

We just passed 3 months of the healthy diet / vits, so the ttc started properly this month. I think I ovd yesterday (or poss will today), have acu tomorrow which is great as the lady likes to see me around ov / poss implantation time.

Hope everyone is well!

Hobb, not sure about the shoulder thing. I didnt ask why. Will do next time. Youre one DPO ahead of me. Ur temps are looking good. My temps r also on the rise. Yay & baby dust for us. When will you test. I was aiming for DPO 12, if my temps stay high.

Pinkorblue, insurance is rather stressful. I opened a joined acc with DH after our wedding. I dont knoe too much about it. Pay now ask later, is my attitude for now. It did help when I had D&C. But excess for gyno sucked.

Nicki, who do u see re the foresight plan? Sounds interesting. Vit D & folic acid: im used to as I started them Sep 2011. Vit C is not my fav.

Madeline, I dont find the inserting of the needles relaxing but once its over i have a bit of a snooze hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->