Acupuncture

So, I went in last Monday (10/31) for what I thought was my 8w0d scan...but then it turns out that the baby with a HB :happydance: measured 7w2d, which means that I probably ovulated 5 days later than I thought...which may not seem like a big deal, but it just so turns out that I ovulated right after my first full week of acupuncture treatment (which at the time was trying to get my system working normally and ovulating normally again). A few cycles ago, I had a monitored cycle where everything looked like it was growing (follicle) and then when I went in for the CD20 progesterone test...nothing...annovulation. So, perhaps I was headed for another month of annovulation. I am coming to believe that acupuncture was the "kick" that my system needed to ovulate--even if a little late.

I am still going for treatments 2x week and feel pretty good...and I love how extra relaxed I feel after each session.

So, I went in last Monday (10/31) for what I thought was my 8w0d scan...but then it turns out that the baby with a HB :happydance: measured 7w2d, which means that I probably ovulated 5 days later than I thought...which may not seem like a big deal, but it just so turns out that I ovulated right after my first full week of acupuncture treatment (which at the time was trying to get my system working normally and ovulating normally again). A few cycles ago, I had a monitored cycle where everything looked like it was growing (follicle) and then when I went in for the CD20 progesterone test...nothing...annovulation. So, perhaps I was headed for another month of annovulation. I am coming to believe that acupuncture was the "kick" that my system needed to ovulate--even if a little late.

I am still going for treatments 2x week and feel pretty good...and I love how extra relaxed I feel after each session.

i really enjoy it :thumbup: so glad everything is going well with your pregnancy :hugs:

CONGRATULATIONS lilmamatoW, fantastic news glad to see acupuncture works im 9 months into having it and well its not worked yet and im running out of time giving it til im 45 which is dec 28th this year yikess!!! but not worrying about it if it works it works if it dont then ive given it a good go over the last 4 years so but well done you happy and healthy 9 months hun xxx

I did acupuncture 2-3x/week when I was TTC. I got my BFP about 5 weeks after starting it. It definitely helped me feel more relaxed about the whole thing. I really think it had something to do with ultimately getting the BFP.

Unfortunately, now that I'm pregnant, I'm extremely sensitive to the needles, so I haven't been able to have treatment (mostly for anxiety at this point).

Good luck on your treatment Jodes!!

I'm so happy to read your post. I started acupuncture in September 2011. I changed acupuncturist when i realized the current lady didn't offer me any hope.:shrug: She kept stressing donor eggs like the RE.:growlmad: I found an acupuncturist who works for at The fertile Soul retreats for Dr. Randine Lewis, author of The Infertility Cure. :happydance:

I all! I started acupuncture 10 days ago.. going once a week. She gave me an herbal tea to drink (Disgusting). I cut out sugar, white flour, alcohol, and dairy.. because I actually have candida symptoms. It was rough for a week, but I'm starting to feel much better.
My question to you all is if you've experienced any erratic temps? Mine are all up and down right now. Kinda making me crazy, but starting opks today so I make sure I ovulate when I usually do, if I do.
I take my temps same time every morning 6am. I haven't been drinking.. I have had some restless nights as the tea was making my stomach rumble. That's about it.

thx

I am so happy to read your post. I started acupuncture in September 2011. I changed acupuncturist when i realized the current lady didn't offer me any hope.:shrug: She kept stressing donor eggs like the RE.:growlmad: I found an acupuncturist who works for at The fertile Soul retreats for Dr. Randine Lewis, author of The Infertility Cure. :happydance:

hi havmercy
I've been Dr. Randine Lewis's book and I think it is excellent. She explains the TCM diagnoses in detail and which meridian points are related to each diagnoses. My acu lady told me to follow the nutritional advice in the book related to my diagnosis and I found it very helpful.

inkdchick
It may be worth it to check that the acupuncturist has specific fertility related experience.

Luck7s
great that you're feeling better.sorry I've never temp'd but I'm sure someone who does may be of help.

Acupuncture is great. I went my last pregnancy the entire time as well as postpartum. I was suffering greatly from the beginning with severe acid reflux and miserable mood swings. I have GERD but my dr took me down in dosage on my PPI, so therefore I had to get some kind of help for the pain of the reflux. I developed a great relationship wth the acupuncturist, she saw me twice a week throughout most of the pregnancy, the relief I would get from the reflux was marked for several days and when it would start to get bad again, it would be tme for another appointment. She also helped with balancing hormones so my crying jags and emotional outbursts were a little less. that was a BIG plus for me considering at the time I owned TWO business and was flipping out at my employees for every little thing. As the pregnancy progressed she also helped with the severe anemia I had( building the blood) and the hip pain and carpal tunnel syndrome.She worked a lot on my immune system too, so I would catch every little cold going around. i stayed healthy the entire 9 mths!I wound up being overdue and she was helping with inducing labor too( of course only with midwife approval and at a safe time-- I wound up delivering a week late. She also taught me and my husband at the time pressure points for pain relief during labor.
It is definitely worth every penny. i am now 5 weeks pregnant and my first acupuncture appt is next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->