Advent calendars

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Which advent calendar will you be getting for your children (or yourself) this year?

I’ve just noticed the smiggle advent calendar has gone live, Rio would love this. But I can’t seem to find any contents lists yet, only for last years. I want to make sure most of the things in there are suitable before I buy as it’s £25! I usually spend about that on a playmobil one but to be honest we still have boxes of playmobil in the wardrobe unopened from last Christmas as he doesn’t bother with it! He loves craft and things like that so I know he would like this one.

Not sure what to get for Niko, has anyone ever had the toot toot advent calendars? Are they any good?

I’m usually a bore and just get the character or Cadbury chocolate ones !

I do have a Christmas advent felt tree . I usually put chocolates in there but now thanks to your post I’m thinking little figures or something of that nature ! Shopkins etc !
Thanks
X

Everyone gets a little choc calendar. I'm going to get myself the Aldi Wine one this year and hubby the Asda cheese one if I manage to get my hands on it.

For LO I like to do a custom one, last year every day he got a new train for his Thomas minis set and he got a station for Christmas as well. This year I'm doing books/activity books/craft sets each day then Christmas eve he gets a clue where to find his Christmas eve box.

A friend of mine did Lanka Kade wooden animals each day and the kids had a little farm/zoo by Christmas.

I’ve got the new lego advent calendar for my 7 year old DS and the playmobil for my other son.
I got my eldest the smiggle one last year and I can honestly say it was fab and well worth the money. So many different things in it! Xx

I am going to get DD the Hatchimals advent calendar and DS the lego city calendar.

I am tempted by the smiggle calendar for DD though!

I'll probably just get chocolate ones.
For the price of two Playmobil ones I would rather buy a new playset for them.

I usually just go for a chocolate one, but I like the idea of giving them something that can build up to a collection and the in with one of their Xmas gifts, maybe I'll do that this year.

DS is really into hotwheels at the moment so maybe I'll give him a hotwheels car in his calender every week day that can go in his hotwheels ultimate garage he is getting for xmas and a Christmas themed activity for us to do together on saturday & sunday

I also have to agree that the smiggle calendar is awesome! My DD had one last year. This year she said she wants a squishies calendar...I don't think they exist so it'll be a homemade project (which I'm useless at😂)
My DS had the Thomas minis one last year. They're still his most played with toy so I'm thinking of getting another one this year.
I REALLY like the sound of the wine one for me😃

My son is having a Thomas minis one which I got in the January sales and for my daughters I'm going to buy 2 empty calendar kit type of thing and fill them with shopkins (I bought a big bundle from someone locally recently and use them for rewards etc) :)

Just normal chocolate calendars here. I just cant justify spending £75 odd on advent calendars!

my dad usually fills a big fabric calendar full of chocolate for DD, it’s like a tradition. i sooo want to get her the smiggle one this year though, but it would lessen the novelty of the special one my dad does for her :haha:

Probably just a chocolate one
We had a Lego one one year and the kids weren’t that fussed over it.

I've always done just normal chocolate ones (like character ones or cadburys etc) but this year I think I'm going to get my DD the LOL OOTD one. Not sure about DS as I've not seen any that I think he will like.

I buy a chocolate and toy advent calendar. Yes I'm extra :dohh: I'll probably get a playmobil one.

My parents and grandparents buy the kids chocolate advent calendars, so they end up with two each every year!

I’ve looked today and I think I’ll get niko a happyland one rather than a toot toot as he loved his happyland characters!

Usually I just get chocolate ones, but last year we got playmobil and lego ones... and I think theyre a waste of money :haha: kids got bored of them after a few days and they just wanted chocolate so im going back to choc this year :rofl: saying that, Im liking the sound of the smiggle one!!

I really want to get one of the refillable ones this year. I always see lovely ones in matalan but I always think it's pretty expensive. I love the idea of being able to personalise it though.

DD1 has loved the Playmobil ones she's had. One year we had a crafty one where you had to stick gems on a picture. Dd2 has only ever had a chocolate one, as she's been too young to care. I kinda wish I never started buying the toy ones, as they're kind of expected now. Anyway, I just remembered I got dd1 a Superdrug beauty one reduced in the sales last year. No idea what I'll get for dd2. Somebody else usually gets them choc ones.

I love the idea of a fabric one you fill yourself. I'd even be tempted to sew one myself!

I bought wooden ones last year and painted them so they will be reused this year. Just the case of finding things to put in the drawers - both has Shopkins and smarties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->