Advice from those Induced...

berryblue290

Reaction score
I am being induced tomorrow, just got the call. But I am suddenly having a really bad anxiety attack. I really wanted to go into natural labor. I am just so nervous. Is it that bad? What exactly is the process

:hugs:
i love to hear the advice you get hun good luck on tommorow

yeah im in the same boat i was so set on a water birth then found out last week i was low on fluid and was put under consultant so good bye water birth and good bye midwife unit i was gutted i dont even think i will be aloud 2 use the bath at hospital at any point thro labour :( im bricking it now lol whats it gonna be like 100 things running round my head im going in on thurs
good luck hun hope all go s well 4 u xx

i'll see if i can put on my birth story here for you :)

here you go :) all positive!

Wednesday the 9thMarch i went to the hospital for my CTG and consultant appointment as baby was not growing as well as they hoped and only put 11oz on in four weeks! The routine CTG i was having every other day to make sure everything was fine. Had the CTG which was normal again and then waited to see the consultant. I never would have guessed he'd want to send me for an induction the very next day!
So i got home and took all babies’ 0-3 things out my bag and swapped them for the small pile of small baby clothes we were given and tried to have an early night. I slept for about 2 hours the whole night, with a mixture of excitement and nerves.
9am 10th march was our time for induction so left an hour early and headed off to the hospital to be greeted by a huge traffic jam! Finally got there and got the propess inserted around 12 mid-day. Nothing seemed to be happening so i kept on the birthing ball and talking walks around the hospital for an hour at a time.
By 10pm that night i started to feel little niggles but was told nothing was still happening even though they didn’t examine me! Had a rubbish night sleep again that night and my room kept going from red hot to freezing in seconds!
11th march - 11am i was checked over and told to remove the propess myself as the doctor was caught up and would be a while and a midwife examined me and say i was 1-2 cm but she could feel my waters and that they could be broken so she sent me to labour ward.
1pm i was transferred still having little niggles but nothing dramatic and was told there wasn’t anyone available to break my waters as id need to be on a hormone drip too and they needed one on one care for me. I was sent for another walk to speed things along.
7pm they finally broke my waters about 7-15 ish and then the contractions started coming through faster but still didn’t feel too strong to me, by this point i thought it would never happen and i was never going to meet my baby girl!
11pm they inserted the hormone drip and explained that the contractions would be really intense and kept offering pain relief, i looked up to the drip stand and saw no bag of hormone so asked when they was starting it and they told me they already had and it was a syringe driver! i felt so thick lol! By this point they was really taking their toll on me and i couldn’t talk through them and had to wiggle my toes as that seemed to be the only thing that helped me feel comfy! I explained to the midwife and student that i was getting pressure in my bum, getting hot and need a drink really bad and they looked confused as on the CTG the contractions was only showing up really weak and only picking the odd few up! I begged the MW to give my an internal to tell me how far along i was and she said 4cm i could of cried! she asked if the student could feel how far along i was, so i agreed and she was convinced i was further that 4cm!
The pressure at this point was unbearable and started getting really anxious as i NEEDED to push but i knew being '4cm' it wasn’t a good idea! i had gas and air at this point and there was only 7 contractions left till she was born! The midwife ran off to get the birth pack ready and my body took over and i started to push. I could feel her head crowing and the student MW was on her own at this point and pressed the emergency button on the wall when loads of people ran in! In between the contractions i couldn’t stop pushing like in my other birth they just kept shouting stop Emily! Next thing we know our little girl just flew out lol! She was born and no one caught her! She landed on the bed she came that fast!
I had no stitches or anything which i was shocked as the stinging after she was born was unreal! The MW poured warm water over me and it felt amazing! My OH was amazing and was so choked up when he saw our beautiful baby girl! MY mamma cut the cord as OH didn’t want to and is very uneasy around the sight or blood! They told us she weighed 6lb 7 but have later found out she actually weighed 6lb 4 by looking on our photos!
i breastfed her for 20mins and was left for skin to skin for over an hour. She is the best gift i could have ever asked for; she is so contented and happy! i was in hospital for 3 days altogether and had to stay an extra night after she was born because her temp dropped in the morning to 35 but everything is fine now :)

unfortunatly my induced labour is not a very succesful one...

my due date was 20th september 2009 and they started the induction process on 17th september because i was showing signs of pre-eclampsia (well for several weeks i was but stedily got worse) anyway i wish they never did it! i was just excited to meet my baby.

first they start with a pessery which can hurt like a bitch if they have trouble getting to ur cervix! lol good news for me was i was already 2/3 cm dilated and they could feel my bag of waters so i thought i would go quiet quickly! how wrong was i!
i got contractions through out the day but they came to nothing and recived another pessery the next morning. still not much happening so they game me another one about 6pm and again i had contractions but nothing! they took me to labour ward at 12pm next day (19th) as they wanted to properly induce me using the drip. before they put the drip in they decided to break my waters and was still only 3cms so told to walk around the hospital for a bit and come back to have the drip if the contractions wernt coming enough. so i started getting contractions and thought that was finaly it as after walking around for an hour i HAD to go back as was hurting!!
no real progress tho! had the drip put in and they finally let me use my TENS machine :D great until it started to give me electric shocks!

got to 8 cm asked for the epi and 2 hrs later got no futher!! Chloe was born 16:17 20th september via EMCS and alot of complications after for baby and me caused by being forced to labour for so long. but i still dont think my LO would have been born vaginally either way! lol she was 11lb 14oz at birth.
i still may have gone to fully dialated if i wasnt induced

sorry this was a long one! lol and i think i rambled a bit but thats because i am tierd! sorry again! xxx

I was induced with my son at 43 weeks. I had tried EVERY old wives tale I had heard of to start natural labor and nothing worked. The induction wasn't horrible or anything. There was some intense pain & I ended up having an epidural. I'm not sure I would have needed it otherwise. All in all it wasn't so bad.

there are some ways to help your body naturally be induced but i have no idea how long they take... some of the ways include ... having sex (the semen is supposed to help soften the cervix and tell the body to release oxytoxin which starts contractions), nipple stimulation, walking, accupunture or reflexology, castor oil, spicy foods, ..here is an article that covers all of it.... thought it might help.

I had an induction with baby #3 and it wasn't bad at all. I can't imagine doing it without an epidural though because the contractions towards the end are much more intense than with natural labor. Overall though my experience with an induction wasn't any different than my natural labors.....just a little more intense but definately not something to get panicked over. Just think.....you will be holding your little one VERY soon!!! Try to stay calm and relaxed, if you get all scared and panick you will fight the contractions (not fun).

I was induced at 42 weeks and also had a positive experience... although I was induced and couldn't have the water birth I planned I still had as close to a natural one as I could... I kept active, used my ball, my TENS... I used only Gas and Air until I delivered. I had the first pessary at 11.30am, started getting contractions at 2.30pm, Waters broke at 3.30am, Sofia was born @7.53am after 4 hours of active labour...

Although its not what you planned you still do have choices...and the end result will be the same... your amazing baby in your arms!

Good luck honey x

Forgot to tell you the process....here in the US it seems standard that you arrive, they hook you up to a monitor, insert an IV and start a pitocin drip. They start off VERY SLOW and gradually increase it every 30 minutes until you are in a really good pattern. ONce you've dialated to a certain point they break your waters and at 10 cm you get to start pushing. If you want an epidural they offer it around 5cm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->