Advice on amount of stuff I need

bubbles82

Reaction score
Hey girls,

Just wondering if anyone can advise at all. I've been adding things like nappies and wipes to my shopping each week to stockpile for when baby is due and spread the cost, but not really sure how much I actually need. Can anyone advise roughly how long they will stay in each size nappies, and how many I am likely to go through in a day/week?
I currently have around 200 nappies in newborn size 1, bought my first box of 50 size 2, and 13 packs of wipes.

Thanks!

**Stalking this thread - would like to know the same thing!**

It will totally depend on size and shape of your LO when they are born and what their feeding and poo/wee schedule is. Don't overbuy. Wipes - you can never have too many.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...our-unnecessary-essential-baby-purchases.html

have a look at this, i love that thread :)

What previous posters have said - you don't know what LO (and you!) will like in a diaper, so don't overbuy. Go nuts with the wipes, those are pretty universal... I would personally stop buying diapers. Someone suggested buying gift cards for $20 or $30 each time you go to the store and stockpiling THOSE so the money is already spoken for, but you haven't spent loads of money on diapers that end up not working for you or that baby grows out of before you can use.

I wouldn't buy anymore size 1. As others have said, you don't know how big LO will be and what type will work best until after he/she is born. Wipes are always handy. We found the Pamper's Baby Dry worked the best for us and the store brand had more leaks and needed to be changed more often. We've also had diaper rashes from Huggies brand which we never would have know before and it would have been a waste to have lots of them stockpiled.

Thanks for the tips, I've tried to get a few different brands in the stockpiling just in case certain ones don't suit, but I recently heard they're going to stop making huggies as of next month, so our local supermarket only has a choice of pampers or it's own brand.

totally depends on size of baby.

my \DD was big at 9lb 3 she was in size 1 for 3 weeks.

at 6 wks was 12lb 12 and had been in size 2.

size 3 at around 4months

size 4 around 6months

she is now 4plus or 5 since 12 months

seconding the purchasing of gift cards - it's the way to go, you can send someone out while you're still in the hospital to buy what you need once you know what size you need, or just use them as needed.

you can never have enough wipes or receiving blankets (I seriously used them for everything and could go through 20 in a day)

We have always hated huggies brand - pampers were the way to go for us.

You can never have enough wipes! As for nappies I'd second what the other ladies have said, don't overbuy as you don't know how big or small your little one will be, it differs greatly from baby to baby. I also have never been fond of huggies. We buy Asdas little angels range and always found it fab xx

My LO was 9 lbs 9 1/2 ozs when she was born and she was in pampers size 1 for a while, I had about 130 before she was brought and I think we brought another couple of packs maybe, but one is still sitting under her bed :haha:

Wipes, expect atleast 2 packs per week, possibly even more. Muslin clothes are great too :) I had about 8 of those and it wasn't enough!

My first was 7lb6oz at birth, in newborn for a week or so and ones for a couple months. He reacted with a rash to all diapers but pampers. My second was the same weight, but was only in newborns for a couple days, and in size 2 by one month. He leaked through pampers, only fit well into huggies. I'd stockpile $$ or giftcards instead of diapers...you just never know.

My LO was 9 lbs 9 1/2 ozs when she was born and she was in pampers size 1 for a while, I had about 130 before she was brought and I think we brought another couple of packs maybe, but one is still sitting under her bed :haha:

Wipes, expect atleast 2 packs per week, possibly even more. Muslin clothes are great too :) I had about 8 of those and it wasn't enough!

2 packs per week?? We get through 6+ packs in a week. I use them for EVERYTHING. Cleaning the floor, changing nappies, wiping hands and faces, blowing noses, cleaning the highchair before disinfecting it, Cleaning up cat sick (one of our cats is sick regularly) wiping mess of the sofas..literally EVERYTHING!

As for nappies I'd buy 2 packs of size 1 and 2 packs of size 2, then buy any others in your weekly grocery shop or in bulk from baby events after LO is born and you know what brand and size suits best. x

I wouldn't buy anymore size 1. As others have said, you don't know how big LO will be and what type will work best until after he/she is born. Wipes are always handy. We found the Pamper's Baby Dry worked the best for us and the store brand had more leaks and needed to be changed more often. We've also had diaper rashes from Huggies brand which we never would have know before and it would have been a waste to have lots of them stockpiled.

Yep, we bought a few boxes of diapers and had some given to us as gifts but had to return them to exchange because Pampers gave my LO an awful rash! Luckily Walmart is pretty lenient with their return policy, but I won't do the same thing with this one. I may buy a pack or two, but no more. I do like the idea of the gift cards though, as long as they aren't the ones that start adding a charge after a certain period of time. Great idea!

It's the same if you decide to go down the reusable nappy route. There are sooo many different types/brands/fits out there that it's important not to buy in bulk until you've tested some out on baby 1st x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->