Advice on Prenatals?

mkyerby16

Reaction score
Hello! Just joined even though I have been stalking the boards for a couple of months :blush:
I'm not officially TTC yet, but will be starting in June and I figured I should probably start on a prental vitamin soon, but I'm soo overwhelmed trying to make the "right" decision. I'm trying very hard to start being healthier now (eat better, drink more water) but I'm a very picky eater with a weird work schedule and my diet really isn't the best, so I know I could really use some vitamins in my life. However, I'm terrified they're going to make me sick to my stomach as I do have a sensitive stomach already and I've tried taking a regular women's One-a-Day brand multivitamin in the past and it made my stomach hurt more.

Soo upon researching a bit I see that many women have success with the Vitafusion Prenatal Gummies. I was tempted to choose those, but they have no iron which will apparently be good for my stomach, yet I think I'll unfortunately need the extra iron as I know I barely get any as it is in my diet. They also have no calcium, yet they make a "prenatal support" gummy with calcium & fiber. But with each the serving is 2 gummies... not sure if I can see myself really taking 4 gummies a day plus an iron supplement. Also, the Rainbow Light prenatals were reccomended to me and seem like a great choice yet they don't have any DHA. :confused:

Any suggestions? Thanks so much in advance!

I'm taking the vita fusion prenatal gummies! They're good :) no tummy problems and I have a sensitive one as well. I'd recommend them:) and were also going to TTC in June!

Vitamins sometimes make me nauseous so I take the gummies. I love them. I also take fish oil and calcium separately, also gummies. It sounds like a lot but it's not really. I just consider them dessert, lol. But I know I get enough iron from my diet since I love green leafy things :)

I have a problem with the pills and nausea too...I stick to the Vita Fusion gummies for now. And a Kirkland calcium chew.

Thanks for the replies! Looks like the gummies might be the way to go. Something else that was recommended to me are the Rainbow Light food based vitamins. They do have iron but they also have ginger and other things to aid with digestion and it looks like many women have luck with those and no tummy upset. I was leaning towards trying those out as they are just once a day all in one plus the tummy aides BUT they don't have DHA. Uggh I think I'm making this way more complicated than it needs to be haha.

Just in case I decide to go that route anyone take a separate DHA supplement? Rainbow Light makes one, I'm a little nervous about the DHA though actually because I'm kind of allergic to any type of seafood... I guess it's more "intolerant" actually. I don't go into anaphylaxis or anything like that, but I have horrid tummy issues immediately after that last for several days. (tmi! sorry!) Sooo I don't know if fish oil would have the same effect or not. :wacko:

How about krill oil? They are still sea life but maybe won't cause the issues? Good luck!

Just don't get omegas from borrage oil. That can cause mc.

I take pregvit. They are great. The calcium and iron are in two separate pills so you take one in the morning and one at night. I found the morning one does bother my stomach but I started taking it with a full glass of water when I wake up at night to pee. I sleep off the bellyache. Haha! The evening one is taken with food and has never bothered me. They don't have dha but I take fish oil capsules for that. Hopefully will get krill oil soon (if the store in my tiny town ever gets it in!)

Good luck ttc in June!

I take the Target brand Up&Up. They are nice and small. I also take an omega 3 supplement which contains DHA, and also a calcium supplement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->