af after a loss

babycakes1

Reaction score
Hi all I hope i am posting this in the right place, i was just wondering how long it took for your AF to return after a loss? it has been 5wk 4 days since i miscarried and no sign of af. i tested at the end of last week and bfn.
thanks for your replies in advance xxx

Hey babycakes (great name!), 7 weeks for me - after an ERPC. I was concerned and asked my doctor. She said to come in if it hadn't come back by 8 weeks - that obviously gave it a kick and it came a few days later. Hope you won't be waiting too much longer but as I'm sure other BnBers will tell you - the "normal" range can be pretty wide. x

Hi Babycakes

1st cycle 35 days, second cycle 34 days, this cycle just gone 27 days - before mc was 29 days every month but looks like I'm more on track.

I think I've been relatively lucky af-wise.

Hope yours comes soon and is swift and painless :)

hx

Hi, i had a mmc and chose to have medical management to remove my baby. The doctors said it would take 4-6 weeks for my next period to start but it actually took 9 weeks and it took a friend 11 months to have hers so i guess everybody is different and all doctors can do is give you a rough guide

Hi - as the other girls say everyone is different. I had medical management for MMC, the leaflet the hospital gave me says 3 -4 weeks after the bleeding(following micarriage) stops. I thought it was from the time of the actual miscarriage, but the nurse confirmed that it is from the time the bleeding stops

My MMC was found on scan on 8th Feb, AF just arrived this Friday/saturday - just under five weeks later, which is about three weeks after the bleeding stopped, (as I bled for almost two weeks after the miscarriage.).

hi babycakes, I got my period 6 weeks and 1 day after my D&C for a mmc back in september. we decided to skip the first full cycle and start trying the next, on advice of my doctor. I heard that anywhere from 3 weeks to 8 weeks is normal for time after the MC.

Thankyou for all your replies, I shall keep my fingers crossed 'the witch' arrives soon (seems wierd saying that!)
littleD, wow what a long wait for your poor friend!
Lets hope we all get our BFPs soon. xxx

Hiya hon - mine arrived 38 days after a D&C which i think is just under 6 weeks. It's really horrible waiting for it and i wasn't sure how i would feel when it finally arrived but to my surprise i actually felt really positive and hopeful and just relieved that i could begin to look forward xx

hi babycakes

I had a complete natural miscarriage on 4th Feb and had stopped bleeding by the morning of 6th Feb. It's been 42 days since 4th Feb and I'm still waiting, have had 4 negative HPT too
I'm testing again at the weekend, then going to my Drs next Wednesday if AF doesn't show!

hey all, i had some blood on the tissue on the toilet paper when i wiped las night but nothing since....confused.com! my mc was natural 2. however my DH and i have done the babydance a few times, he allergic to latex and i didn't want to go back on the pill. this waiting game is a nightmare, just want to no either way! i'm sooooo impatient!
fingers crossed and sending you lots of babydust decemberbride xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->