AF and mooncups :D

Jolinar

Mummy to Nic
Reaction score
Ok I just have to rave about my mooncup, this is my second cycle using one instead of tampons and I cannot believe I've not used one sooner.

Not only are my horrendous cramps virtually nonexistent now the :witch: only lasts for 3 days instead of dragging on for 5 or 6. I lead a very active lifestyle and do a physical job, its not leaked once and only needs emptying two or three times a day even on a heavy day. It's no more tricky learning how to use it tham say the first time you tried tampons.

It's awesome and I urge you all to try it, its good for your lady garden and the environment! :D

And no I don't work for mooncup :p

Hiya!

I have one too. I'm still not all that confident with it tbh, but that's me and not the mooncup lol. I think it's far better on my heavy days but sometimes still use tampons on lighter days as I can't seem to fit it as well for some reason. I've only had one and a bit cycles using it really so I'm sure it will improve with time. Oh, and the kids like it too, I found them playing with it in the bath the other day having found it and got it out of it's bag :blush:. Must find somewhere else to keep it!

Gemma x

Hiya!

I have one too. I'm still not all that confident with it tbh, but that's me and not the mooncup lol. I think it's far better on my heavy days but sometimes still use tampons on lighter days as I can't seem to fit it as well for some reason. I've only had one and a bit cycles using it really so I'm sure it will improve with time. Oh, and the kids like it too, I found them playing with it in the bath the other day having found it and got it out of it's bag :blush:. Must find somewhere else to keep it!

Gemma x

Hey Gemma :)

Have you tried running it under the tap on lighter days? I found that helps getting it back in. I had to giggle at the kids playing with it in the bath ;)

How big are they?

They come in two sizes, one is 46 mm wide by 50 mm deep the other 43 mm wide by 50 mm deep, made of silicone so they're very soft and you fold them so they insert easily then once in they resume their proper shape. If done correctly you can't feel it at all once in position.

Just be warned the first few times you try it can be hysterical with all the weird fanny fart noises ;) Once practised however the musical accompaniment goes away ;)

I've had one for almost two years. Think they are fab! Having a break from mine as i had two months in a row where i got thrush straight after AF. The mooncup shouldn't contribute towards this but for the month i decided not to use it i didn't get thrush. Very odd esp after over a yr of using it with no problems. (I've never suffered from thrush before). Will have to dig it out again this month.

hmmm.. Good to know- I've always wondered about those mooncups, but what do you do if you're in a public lav? You know, the ones with the stalls? How do you wash it out /change it with all those other people around? don't you have to use the sink? I've been wondering about this for a long time and am interested in using one.

I just give it a wipe and pop it back in if i'm out. Or if you can fit a small bottle of water in your bag you can use that. It can be a bit messy to begin with but once you get use to it its no worse than anything else.

ooh...i really wanna try one of these too! hoping i won't be having visit from AF for 9 months but as i can't rely on that i think i may invest!

hi there...i use the insteadcup after bd to keep the sperm in and closer to the cervix...got recommended by a lady who'd b ttc for 18mth used this twice and got pg ! plus they save all the mess:) wudnt use them for af tho

hi there...i use the insteadcup after bd to keep the sperm in and closer to the cervix...got recommended by a lady who'd b ttc for 18mth used this twice and got pg ! plus they save all the mess:) wudnt use them for af tho

Mooncups sit much lower than insteadcups, i'm not sure I'd use insteadcups for AF either! Plus mooncups are reuseable :)

I just give it a wipe and pop it back in if i'm out. Or if you can fit a small bottle of water in your bag you can use that. It can be a bit messy to begin with but once you get use to it its no worse than anything else.

Oh wow! That's a great tip and I definitely think I am going to invest in one! Thanks

i agree, i use one too and my AF has gone from like 5/6 days to 3/4 it's great!
so much cheaper than tampons too!

Hey Gemma :)

Have you tried running it under the tap on lighter days? I found that helps getting it back in. I had to giggle at the kids playing with it in the bath ;)

Yep, I run it under the tap everytime (when at home lol!) because I read it makes it easier. Think I just need more practice!

I love my mooncup! It's amazing and so good to actually see how much is in there - I feel like since I started charting and using my mooncup, checking cp and cm etc I've learned so much about my body!

I used to love tampons but I used to find long strings of fluff coming out of me for days after my period, and the waste is awful. Plus bleached cotton isn't something I want inside me really!

I would recommend a mooncup to anyone. You can even put it in on the day you expect AF instead of waiting for it to show up.

You lot are great ambassadors for them..!
I have just ordered the equivalent in Canada - Diva Cup.....$20 USD incl delivery.!
I have been thinking about trying them for a while but this thread just gave me the kick up the ass to get one ordered..........not that I will need to use it for the next 9 months because I am getting preggers this month....PMA!

ive been interested in them for a while and this thread got me looking on ebay and i saw an auction for one that had been used! i dont know about you guys but i think that is so wrong! seriously, ewww

I use a mooncup too, well its been a few months.

I found my cramping was so slight compaired to agony, my periods were shorter too, plus itsgood for the enviroment. So long as you clean it well during your AF and boil or sterilise after AF all should be good!

I also read that using a mooncup helped with your vaginal discharge as using tampons dried you up:blush:

We also used mine when there wasnt time to BD so Hubby would "you know" into a tub and I would put it in moon cup, do a shoulder stand so it would run out then go back to sleep.

I just love mine and dont look forward to the mat pads after baby is born before I can use it again.

Worth a try for a few cycles!

Emma.xx

Eugh!!

Just spotted your post about the used one. People have bid on it!!!!

I mean you cant sell used underwear but you can sell a used mooncup....er no thanks would rather spend £10 and get a spanky new one.

Sorry but its just wrong, sooo wrong!

Emma.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back