AF and mooncups :D

I love my mooncup, I'm actually really gutted I cant use it until after I've had my baby :(

I love my mooncup, I'm actually really gutted I cant use it until after I've had my baby :(

I actually know what you mean, I look forward to using it because it makes the whole process much more enjoyable and natural. congratulations on the pregnancy :)

ok! I thought itd be clever to 'try on' my DivaCup BEFORE I actually get AF so that I'm prepared when she rears her ugly head right... I followed the instructions to a T (didn't do any trimming) and it worked out wonderfully.... until I tried to get it out!!! LOL! Since I don't have long fingernails (I bite them extremely short) I couldn't get a solid grip on the ridges they provide to actually remove it... I was in the bathroom for 20mins just ROFLing!!! My OH (a nurse/firefighter) offered to take it out for me!!!! I thought "um, no thank you!"
I finally did get it out but I'm gonna keep pracising until AF arrives so I'm a pro when it really counts!

PS still no witch on CD29 so she must be waiting for Hallowe'en!

:rofl: this is absolutely hilarious! I did the same thing, tried mine before getting in the bath. Only took a few seconds to get it out but i felt the suction and began to panic lol. Made a wonderful noise on the way out. Think i have the hang of it now and as with others, seem to be looking forward to :witch:

Can't wait to hear about everyone's adventures in MoonCup land...LOL!

Although you know that I am definitely wishing for you that AF doesn't shoew, of course!

:)
A

OH has popped out to get me one :D

This is my first day of af so I'm going to give it a go today. I'm nervous though, I'm worried about getting it stuck when trying to get it out.

I have thrush at the moment too, would this be ok? I'm just worried that next month it will give the thrush back to me, though I'm sure when I sterilize it, it should kill it all off?

Nervoussssss.

This is my first day of af so I'm going to give it a go today. I'm nervous though, I'm worried about getting it stuck when trying to get it out.

I have thrush at the moment too, would this be ok? I'm just worried that next month it will give the thrush back to me, though I'm sure when I sterilize it, it should kill it all off?

Nervoussssss.

I found this on their website, it doesn't really specifically answer the question but it sounds like it won't make it worse :)

https://www.mooncup.co.uk/menstrual_cup_faq.html#Thrush

And it should be fine if you do the sterilisation thing. HTH.

Nervoussssss.

:o If your other half is male then you got a good one there !! Hang onto him !! My OH wouldn't even go any buy me tampons - lol.

xx

I just got my mooncup last week and I love it! I've heard that they're also great for keeping all the spermies in after AF and also that if you have thrush you can put some natural yoghurt in there to help get rid of it.

It took a while to work out the best way to get it in and I've spent all day in and out of the loo just checking it isn't leaking.

This might be TMI but I was wondering if anyone else get a kind of bubbling feeling every so often? it's not uncomfortable or anything, just strange.

Thanks girlies :)

Yeah my OH is a star, he's more than happy to do things for me like that :D

Thanks for the link, sounds like it should be ok.

Well I tried it and couldn't get it in so panicked which made it worse lol. Will try again tommorow, it's quite tricky to get in and so I'm trying to find the best way to insert it.

xxxxx

This might be TMI but I was wondering if anyone else get a kind of bubbling feeling every so often? it's not uncomfortable or anything, just strange.

Yes! Every so often it's almost like it pings or moves or something, very strange feeling!

I LOVE my mooncup. Today is the first day of trying it out and I have to say, I'm over the moon with it. It's so comfortable, I can't feel it at all, it's awesome :D

So easy to get in and out now too, I practised a few times today before I wore it properly and now I'm not nervous about it :D

Definately worth it. Mooncup forever :D
:happydance:

I LOVE my mooncup. Today is the first day of trying it out and I have to say, I'm over the moon with it. It's so comfortable, I can't feel it at all, it's awesome :D

So easy to get in and out now too, I practised a few times today before I wore it properly and now I'm not nervous about it :D

Definately worth it. Mooncup forever :D
:happydance:

That's good to know, I haven't tried mine yet cos wanna clean it first & haven't got round to it. Will give it a try soon tho!!

no you wont ellie you and me are on for :bfp: you will have to wait to try it in August lol

So today was the first day I used my mooncup and I realize now that I maybe should have practiced first? :rofl:

When I first folded the cup, I was like, "There is NO WAY this thing is going to fit up there!" Plus it's not like it's smooth or pointed or anything, You just have to kind of shove it up there (slowly). I felt that it was a bit uncomfortable and I felt a lot of pressure down there?? Not painful, just pressure. I got used to the feeling after awhile and even thogh I kept running to the bathroom every so often to see if it was leaking (it wasn't.:rofl:)

anyway, when I finally went to dump it out at the end of the night, the cup had moved up so high that I could hardly reach the stem!!!!! Thank GOd I hadn't trimmed the stim yet. I definitely had a moment of panic...but I'm Okay now. Does it move that far up for anyone else?

and....Iam sorry because this is WAYYYYYYYY TMI, but there were like a few little tiny white-ish clumps in the cup when I went to dump it? Has anyone else had that? I think it's just something from the cervix? (SoRRY! I tried to warn you.)):rofl::rofl:

Though I am soooo sad I didnt get my :bfp: this month, it has enabled me to try out my 'diva cup'......I must say its a revelation.!
I am usually in agont with menstrual cramps and so far, nothing.
My AF started yesterday and I too kept checking it every other hour, just getting used to the deposit and withdrawal so-to-speak.
I was shocked at how little there was in there! It does hold an ounce and I emptied mine at 8.30 last night and left it in until 7.30am....! No leaks and the cup was only half full!....I will be interested to see how long this AF lasts.

:wohoo: for Moon/Diva Cups.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->