AF and mooncups :D

Im off to buy one now too lol ive been wanting to get on for ages but i dont actually no anyone that has one but now you lot love them im guna get one =D
Thanks girlies
xx

:huh: they have tails?

this thread has given me such a giggle though. :rofl:

i might well invest in one, although like others, hopefully I won't need it for 9 months (PMA!!). is it hard not to spill everything out of it though, when taking it out?

Well, I took all of your advice and went ahead and bought one! I am sure the first couple tries will be hysterical, but hopefully I won't have any embarrassing accidents. LOL On the other hand, i work with all women so who cares?:happydance:

they just had them on the street doctor programme

I think is brilliant I hope you all love the mooncup! :)

I started by trimming the stalk in half then half again it's left a little stub which i don't notice. Removal of the cup isnt as tricky as you might think, just try and keep it level obviously.

Oh and first thing in the morning walk around a bit first after getting up to er allow everything to migrate to the cup, gravity is your friend ;)

so does it cup your cervix and catch everything that way? and how do you know when you have to change it?
I've had a baby and I'm 27... (WARNING TMI TMI TMI) my tampons tend to migrate down and out the longer I wear them or the more active I am... would I have problems with a cup?

Just came across this thread... I have never head of this 'mooncup' do you think they have them in the US?

If you google mooncups US there is a website where you can order one!

This post made me curious so I looked online for more info... If interested in buying the diva cup go to iherb.com they are $18.99 which is even cheaper than ebay, but use this coupon code POL105 and you'll receive another $5.00 off. Oh and shipping is really cheap too!!! I think I'm down for trying it, kinda nervous though lol!

so does it cup your cervix and catch everything that way? and how do you know when you have to change it?
I've had a baby and I'm 27... (WARNING TMI TMI TMI) my tampons tend to migrate down and out the longer I wear them or the more active I am... would I have problems with a cup?

Definitely trim the stick! I didn't, and I got a mighty surprising poke when I sat down the first time :cry:

It doesn't actually cup the cervix though. the thick rim engages the muscles of the walls of your vajayjay to hold it in place. The rim is firm enough that there shouldn't be any slipping - have never experienced any in my time using it at least, and have never heard of anyone else having that problem. I really, really like it for exercise, as there is no chafing. For most women, you will only need to change it once a day - it holds a full ounce I think, which is plenty for most. I was totally surprised at how little actually came out of me - thought it was a flood before the divacup!

Enjoy experimenting - it does take a little time, but you all should be fine, especially if you are already checking your CM and cervix - no more gross than that!

:)
A

My OH bought me a DivaCup today!!! yea! Now I'm half looking forward to AF!!

Ooo, sounds good.. May have to get 1 haha! My OH finds the 'fanny fart' noises hilarious so he'd think it was ace too :rofl:

yay for this thread. I feel much more at ease about trying it now. I thought it was a creepy idea before this thread. I went and googled it, now I can't wait to try.

Jolinar ... the insteadcup is reusable !?! i wouldnt use them4 af tho,no way thats just not for me,read plenty of bad stories aswell...i know the diva/moon cup are a little different to the insteadcup,the insteadcup are recommended 2use after bd,to keep all the sperm in, i just wona make sure that i dont know wot there like 2use for af as this is somat i wudnt even wona try !!
but i wud recommend insteadcup 4 after bd,,,saves any yucky sperm running down ur legs,n on ur clean sheets !!!!!

ok! I thought itd be clever to 'try on' my DivaCup BEFORE I actually get AF so that I'm prepared when she rears her ugly head right... I followed the instructions to a T (didn't do any trimming) and it worked out wonderfully.... until I tried to get it out!!! LOL! Since I don't have long fingernails (I bite them extremely short) I couldn't get a solid grip on the ridges they provide to actually remove it... I was in the bathroom for 20mins just ROFLing!!! My OH (a nurse/firefighter) offered to take it out for me!!!! I thought "um, no thank you!"
I finally did get it out but I'm gonna keep pracising until AF arrives so I'm a pro when it really counts!

PS still no witch on CD29 so she must be waiting for Hallowe'en!

Jolinar ... the insteadcup is reusable !?!

I didn't think they were....I just meant I'm not sure I'd use an instead cup for AF purposes because my cervix sits so high I'd be there forever try to get it in ;) I can see why people would use the instead cups for TTC though.

ok! I thought itd be clever to 'try on' my DivaCup BEFORE I actually get AF so that I'm prepared when she rears her ugly head right... I followed the instructions to a T (didn't do any trimming) and it worked out wonderfully.... until I tried to get it out!!! LOL! Since I don't have long fingernails (I bite them extremely short) I couldn't get a solid grip on the ridges they provide to actually remove it... I was in the bathroom for 20mins just ROFLing!!! My OH (a nurse/firefighter) offered to take it out for me!!!! I thought "um, no thank you!"
I finally did get it out but I'm gonna keep pracising until AF arrives so I'm a pro when it really counts!

PS still no witch on CD29 so she must be waiting for Hallowe'en!

LOL ok here's how I do it sometimes the cup migrates a little higher and at first panic might set in ;)

I sit on the loo, this shortens the length of your vagina. Legs apart and bear down until the cup is within grabbing range then gently grip the bottom of the cup and ease it out. At first it's not something you want to be doing in a hurry :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->