AF and mooncups :D

is this really true are they really all that good? I have checked the internet before for reviews and things on these and have never heard anything bad at all about it. Just sounds a bit too simple.

is this really true are they really all that good? I have checked the internet before for reviews and things on these and have never heard anything bad at all about it. Just sounds a bit too simple.

Yes they are that good :D

I've converted two friends and they love them too and report the decrease in cramps and shortening of AF too. Don't ask me why though! :)

Hmm, do I detect a little cynicism? Is this a case of whether the mooncup is half full or half empty? :rofl:

No, it really is ok and I guess it sounds simple because it is!

xx

Thanks for the info ladies. I was wondering about the mooncup and i think i'm going to get one now x

tempted to go to boots at lunch and get one. Discussed it with DH on Saturday night cos he was asking what I was looking at on the internet, I told him that he didn't want to know and kept digging. He was really freaked out by it, which i totally understand as I remember seeing them a while back and thinking it sounded just plain crazy. But I am the sort of person who has to buy free range eggs and chicken and recycled toilet paper and is intending on reusable nappies for my baby (when i finally get BFP) so I figure I should really give it a go.

I keep looking at these and hearing all the rave reviews, got to be honest though i just couldn't bring myself to use one, i really don't like the idea! Shame because they sound good!!! :blush::dohh:

If anyone does buy one, I found it good to practice with it before AF showed up so you're not panicking. Also you can pop it in when you think you might come on and not wait for :witch: to show up like with tampons. :)

I've never heard of moon cups before I read this thread, and the one on instead cups. Wow, I'm off to Ebay now to get one!! (not the used one tho, urgh!)

took the plunge and just got one from boots (was pretty expensive in there as well but i figured i'd walked all the way there to get it so i was going back with it) was a bit bigger than i thought but not inspected properly. My entire office are men can you imagine the fun they would have.

Ha ha they would be amused!! I've ordered one off Ebay, they do look quite big!!

My husband was funny about it too... FFS, he never cared about tampns and stuff before! He always goes on about how gross it is.

ha ha, Good sales pitch, I ordered one too, off ebay (no not the second hand one) I will let you know, only prob i had was: the sizeing is under 30 and not given birth or over 30. Now i dont know if it was my pride that kicked in, but i thought, what are they saying? does my moo moo automatically become baggy the moment i turn 30?!! what a cheek!!! I thought i am not that far when i turned 30, (only 3 years) !!! and not given birth yet so i went for the under 30 size!!! I only hope my false pride has not made me order one that will leak!!!! oh well, heres joping i dont have to use it (for 9 months at least!!!)

ha ha, Good sales pitch, I ordered one too, off ebay (no not the second hand one) I will let you know, only prob i had was: the sizeing is under 30 and not given birth or over 30. Now i dont know if it was my pride that kicked in, but i thought, what are they saying? does my moo moo automatically become baggy the moment i turn 30?!! what a cheek!!! I thought i am not that far when i turned 30, (only 3 years) !!! and not given birth yet so i went for the under 30 size!!! I only hope my false pride has not made me order one that will leak!!!! oh well, heres joping i dont have to use it (for 9 months at least!!!)

Ha ha I'm the same, I'm 27 too - wonder if we'll have to order a new one when we turn 30??? It'll be on our birthday list haha :rofl:

You lot are great ambassadors for them..!
I have just ordered the equivalent in Canada - Diva Cup.....$20 USD incl delivery.!
I have been thinking about trying them for a while but this thread just gave me the kick up the ass to get one ordered..........not that I will need to use it for the next 9 months because I am getting preggers this month....PMA!

I am a HUGE fan of the Diva Cup - been using it for over a year now. It took about 3 months to get completely used to it. My mucles down there needed to get strong, I guess :) Now, though, it's like, "What af?" My flow is light enough that I only need to empty it once a day - at night. I loved them during dragonboat season and festivals, when I couldn't change tampons or pads all day. I loved them when I was trekking in Peru, and had no toilet facilities except at the campsite at night. I loved them when my af arrived the day after I did in Paris - was still able to traipse about all day with no worry. And best of all, NO GARBAGE!!!!! :)

It also allows you to keep your natural moisture going, so no more dry, chafing feeling (hey, trust me, this meant a lot when I was running every day training for a 1/2 marathon! Strings chafe!)

I wash mine every night that it is used with a tea tree oil solution, or some antibacterial soap.

Go Divacup go!

:)
A

Wow sounds like you and your divacup have been through a lot together adzuki

How big are they?

They come in two sizes, one is 46 mm wide by 50 mm deep the other 43 mm wide by 50 mm deep, made of silicone so they're very soft and you fold them so they insert easily then once in they resume their proper shape. If done correctly you can't feel it at all once in position.

Just be warned the first few times you try it can be hysterical with all the weird fanny fart noises ;) Once practised however the musical accompaniment goes away ;)

I have just literally burst out laughing at the fanny fart line in this and the whole office has just turned rounf to look at me! lol!

I though best to tell them that someone had sent me a joke rather than read on a non work related website about moon cup and fanny farts!

You've made my day!.

Also, sounds like they could save people an absolute fortune too!

Might get me one and have a go!

hi there...i use the insteadcup after bd to keep the sperm in and closer to the cervix...got recommended by a lady who'd b ttc for 18mth used this twice and got pg ! plus they save all the mess:) wudnt use them for af tho

ooooooh clever idea!

me thinks deffo get one to try out now!

My moon cup arrived today!! Got to admit it looks quite scary & I can't imagine how you can't NOT feel it when it's in, but I believe all you ladies & will give it a whirl later!!!

I know ellie, it looks huuuuuge but honestly, you don't feel it. I cut nearly all the tail off - you'd feel it otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->