After mc in feb, im ready to try again!!

Emmy my appointment went fine thanks, the consultant just explained the op again and had a look at the position of my vocal chords again then took more blood and said he'd see me Monday so just the weekend to go then under the knife Monday morning eeeeeek

Leinzlove I'm sure you will be fine and great news that your dr didn't bat an eyelid. The fear of our ops are probably much worse than the ops themselves. Do you know when yours will be yet? Great news about the babies heartbeat yay xxx

I hope everyone else is well xxx

Thanks Ladies. I don't know when my appt. will be. I was hoping I'd know today. However, I went to my consult today and the good news is it can all be done by a General Dentist. The bad news is the procedure costs more than I expected. My dentist wants $1694 just to pull top, and another $1694 to pull bottom. That is terrible to just pull teeth. I can understand the $1980 for my dentures. However, my dental insurance only covers $2000. So, I'm left with $3348.

So, I'm in the process of scheduling other consults. Like with the budget clinic, this clinic that offers dentures as low as $249 set. (Ofcourse I don't want thier cheap dentures.) But, I do want estimates of extraction costs. I wish they could just tell you over the phone. Or I'll stick with my dentist... Max my insurance with having all my teeth extracted, pay $1300 and deal with immediates. Then after the baby gets here... Get my dentures and use another $1000 in insurance.

Duck: I'm so excited that you will finally be having your surgery. So, that you can get back TTC. :hugs: Many thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery! :hugs: Also please update as soon as you are able.

WOW Leinz that is a lot of money. Will they do a payment plan or anything?

Well I am CD 17 and still waiting to ovulate. I am hoping it happens sometime between now and Sunday so that I know I am back on track with my normal cycle. I didn't do the Clomid this month so that may throw it off along with the month long progesterone I took last month.

Erinsmummy and Emmy how are you doing?

Mrs. Duck I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers during your procedure on Monday.

Thanks ladies xx

Angelria I hope you o soon and your cycle gets back to normal x

Leinz that sounds like a heck of a lot of money I hope you get back some lower quotes by shopping around what a shame your insurance allowance doesn't cover it, you poor thing is there away around it by claiming separately for the upper and lower set? X

Emmy & erinsmummy I hope you are both well x

It sure does. My dental insurance has a $2000 maxium per year. Yes, I can get a payment plan on care credit. But, I'm not doing it without looking around. I actually am setting up a consult on Monday with this clinic that bases fees on a sliding scale. I'm hoping this is better.

My bill just came from my baby DR. He works on a prepayment plan. It covers everything except ultrasounds, bloodwork and hospitals fee for labor and delivery. (They estimate what you'll owe after your insurance pays your share.) The bill is $1859 and has to be paid in full by Nov. 9. Thats about $467 month. So with paying that I really have to find a way to get cheaper dental. Especially for the next 4 months.

Angelria: Hoping O gets here NOW!! :brat::brat::brat::brat: :hugs:

Leinzlove- That's so expensive! For everything! This pregnancy I did get the estimated costs for prenatal care and labor and delivery. Our out of pocket expenses were estimated to be about $380 I think... They told us we would have paid about $50 a month. I can't believe you're having to pay over $400, that's horrible. =( Hope you find a better deal for your dental work as well and glad it won't hurt baby!

Mrsduck- I will be thinking about you Monday and hope everything goes smoothly!

Angleria- Hope you ovulate soon and that you're doing lots of bding! Crossing my fingers for you!

Still no period... ugh! I keep having cramps on and off (one day, then nothing for several and repeat) so who knows. I had to do more blood work because the stupid lab drew for the wrong test on one of them (tested for lactate or something instead of lupus). Haven't gotten results back and am not sure if my dr.'s office will call (they usually do within 48 hours). However, I have an appointment next month for an annual and to go over a brac analysis test the did last week (mother died of breast cancer at 48 and figured we might as well test for that while we're testing me for everything else). So basically there's no real news here, just waiting!

Hmmm... I don't get it either. I'm in Ohio, also. And $1859 is my 20%. We pay $117 every two weeks for family medical...

Emmy: I wish AF would show up! It'll be good to get your test results back. :hugs: I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. :hugs:

Hmmm... I don't get it either. I'm in Ohio, also. And $1859 is my 20%. We pay $117 every two weeks for family medical...

Emmy: I wish AF would show up! It'll be good to get your test results back. :hugs: I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. :hugs:

Thank you!

I don't want to get into a political discussion here but just want to say that it's situations like yours that make me hope and pray we get good national medical insurance soon. It's only recently that I could get the brac analysis done. A few years ago I was told not to do it because if it came back positive I would never get health insurance again... which is bs in my opinion. I've literally had two gynos tell me in the last five years that if I got it an tested positive I could kiss insurance goodbye unless I was willing to get an elective mastectomy (and pay for it myself) immediately.

Those costs are outrageous.... I really hope you find a better option. Our insurance is though my husband and it's United Healthcare. I don't know how much he pays a month but he's a cop so the good insurance kind of comes with the risky job. Crossing my fingers for you!

We also have United Healthcare... It's premium is about $600 a month. DH's company pays all but about $250 of it... Which is ridiculous! However, our Dental is $50 a month and is through Metlife.

Healthcare is awful in the US! But, what can we do? That is BS, I've never heard of such a thing. I know you can't switch insurances or get insurance because of a pre existing condition. I do know that my previous employer wouldn't cover DH, because his job offered insurance. As DH always says... We are all one serious medical condition away from bankruptcy.

DD's Dr. Labor and delivery cost a total of $3200 out of pocket. (Should be about 20%). I did have high blood pressure and NST every other day after week 34. Medically induced at 39 weeks with no epidural.

We did get lucky because DD was born with birth defects and her first year cost over $400,000! We didn't pay any of it. Thanks to the Buhrea of Children with Medical Handicaps. That would've bankrupt us. I'm very fortunate there is help.

Positive OPK today YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Right on time. And yes lots of BDing going on.

Oh my it makes me grateful for the healthcare we get in the uk.

I'm sorry to hear about your mum Emmy I hope all your test results come back ok and where is the witch when you want her? X

Leinzlove I hope all goes well for you with your teeth and that you get some better quotes back x

Yay for O angelria, get bd'ing and I hope you catch that eggy x

Erinsmummy not long to go now x

Angelria: Yay for O! Happy BD'ing! May this be the month! :happydance:

Duck: Yay for surgery tomorrow. I hope you aren't to nervous. Wishing you a fast recovery, nothing cancerous... and TTC super soon! :hugs:

Wow lienz, I'm with mrs duck, makes you great full for the NHs over here! I hope you find a cheaper solution. Angelria So glad u got ur O! I stopped bleeding yesterday, got doctors in the morning to tell him about my chemical x

Erinsmummy: I'm glad the bleeding stopped. I hope the Dr. does something. Lots and Lots of :hugs:

Duck: Thinking about you! :hugs:

Angelria- Woohoo on the positive OPK! Good luck, catch that egg!

Erinsmummy- Glad the bleeding has stopped and you're on your way to recovery.

MrsDuck- Good luck with surgery tomorrow, hope all goes well for you.

Mrs duck I hope all goes well x thanks ladies, I feel fine in myself, went to the doctors, he said they won't do anything , no tests at all because I've already had a child. He said my Partner could have a sperm count but that's it. As u all know my daughter is from a previous relationship, so I don't see how me having her means I'll def have a baby with someone else! We are going to keep trying anyway! Onwards and upwards!

Erinsmummy that is strange that they won't test. I have had a child also but discovered the blood clotting disorder as to the reason I keep having miscarriages. Maybe try taking a low dose aspirin and see if that helps, but if you do have that then you would have to do blood thinner injections as soon as you find out you are pregnant. Or low progesterone. Maybe try taking it a couple days after ovulation until AF arrives.
Mrs. Duck I am thinking of you today.
I have a class all week so I won't be on as much, but I am thinking of everyone.

erinsmummy that is awful that they won't test, as angelria says maybe try the asprin, I believe it can't do any harm but it may do some good.

Angelria, I hope your class goes well.

Leinz any news on your teeth?

AFM my op seemd to go very well.

I went to the hospital yesterday at 8am and was operated on at 11am which wasn't too much of a wait, I came back around about 12.30 feeling awful a cross between seasick and drunk but not in too much pain.

My sickness kept coming over me in waves and I had 2 doses of anti sickness drug which made me feel really dizzy and therefore sick again and it was so hot in hospital they opened the windows and brought me a fan whic made me feel a little better.

I can turn my head to the left ok but not too much to the right or up or down and they let me go home about 5pm.

I seem to be able to eat everything although it does hurt a little to swallow.

Sleeping was painful last night as the anaesthetic was wearing off and every way I leant I seemed to be putting pressure on it.

My speaking seems to be back to normal which I am really surprised about, I just can't shout.

So all in all it seemed to go well. I have to go back next Tuesday to get my results back, so fingers crossed it's not cancer and I just have this recovery time to get back to normal and once I get my results I will know if I can get back to ttc :happydance:

I will try and post a pic of my neck today which looks quite good considering, although I have to keep the strips on til I return to the hospital next Tuesday, I'm itching to see underneath.

Attachments

• P7240002.jpg
    P7240002.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 2
Erinsmummy: I'm sorry to hear they won't do anything. They should atleast do some tests. My Dr. won't do anything either unless I've had three losses in a row. However, my SIL goes to a different Dr. with having one loss. And they give her more ultrasounds and tested her progesterone. :hugs:

Angelria: Hope the class goes smooth this week. And it passes by quickly. :)

Duck: I'm glad you are out of surgery. I hope you recover fast and get news that you can TTC super soon. :hugs: Prayers and thoughts for good news and no cancer. :hugs: Here is a picture of my sisters scar after she had her thyroid removed. She went on to have a beautiful daughter 11 months after surgery. Hers was caught because she couldn't lose weight. After that my mother, two other sisters were tested and also had to have thier thyroids removed. It runs in families so I have to be tested periodically.

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/74603_109525959118618_4745432_n.jpg

AFM: I'm excited about my gender scan on Thursday! I feel team blue but we will see. As for the dental... I have two consults scheduled. One with another regular dentist for Aug. 1. And then for the sliding scale dentist on Aug. 14. I really hate that was the soonest they could see me. I even told them I was expecting and needed to lower the risk to baby ASAP.

We'll see what estimates they give me and go from there. I may just do the extractions and immediates. Then next year after baby arrives get my dentures. Insurance would cover 50% and I could use some income tax dollars for the rest. I could end up getting $1000 in care credit and interest free for a year. I could afford it in other words.

Mrs. Duck I am glad everything went well and hope your recovery continues to be a fast one. I have a strong feeling that the results will come back to be non cancerous. I will continue to pray for you.

Leinz do you have a son or daughter now? I am sorry that I can't remember. Do you have a preference on this new little bean? I had a gut feeling that my son was a boy from the beginning. It is kind of like our instincts kick in the moment we become pregnant. I want another boy. I don't know why the thought of a little girl scares me. I am super close with my mom though and would love to have a relationship with someone like I have with her. So I guess I really don't care what we end up with as long as we are able to have another. I can't wait to hear what you are having though.
Emmy how are you? Any news back on any of your tests?
Erinsmummy any way you can ask them to just run the simple blood tests? Do you have that kind of relationship with your doctor? Do you see a regular OBGYN or a FS? A regular doc may not care or take the time to sort out what the problem is, that is why I switched to a FS.
AFM- I am in a hostage negotiation class for my job and it is BORING!!!! So glad I only have 3 more days. The good thing is that DH is in it with me so we can help keep each other awake LOL I am 2 DPO and trying to figure out when I want to start my progesterone cream. I got my positive OPK and they have turned negative, but part of me is scared and doesn't want to screw anything up, but I don't want to start it to late either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->