Afternoon Pick Me Up

ajarvis

Reaction score
So I am a 2-5 cup a day coffee girl lol. Now that I'm pregnant I'm cutting down to 1 :( :cry::cry: seriously sad. What is an afternoon pick me up I can turn to?

I know it doesn't sound nearly as appealing as a cup of coffee... but exercise is a good way to get a little boost of energy. Not that I feel like taking that little piece of advice myself... ;-)

lol. I run most mornings, and a couple evenings a week. I just need something for sitting at my desk. Tricky tricky.

Mints or mint gum?
Hahaha I have no idea, I'm not a coffee drinker myself, and I feel like only an energy drink could replace caffeine in coffee if I were you haha.
But since you wanted to limit the caffeine, I was just trying to think of SOMETHING. I feel a blast of mint is kinda refreshing, or chewing the mint gum....
I have no idea. Just a thought. Good luck! The afternoon lull is horrible :(

Gum might be handy. May have to try that - I usually chew gum on the car ride home anyways.

Get a strong mint flavor to blast you awake! Good luck, there's nothing like good ol caffeine hehe

Nope. It's irreplaceable. Today is day one of cutting back and I'm dying :p

I once read that eating an apple is like drinking a cup of coffee for energy. I've been having one around 2 pm when I'm super tired and it kinda helps.

I've been trying to replace my afternoon cuppa's with a granola bar or something similar, sometimes even a small piece of chocolate!

I'm not a coffee drinker do maybe this suggestion is just sill, but try tricking yourself with decaf in the afternoon?

How about a banana? I think they are supposed to give you energy.

I am only a one cup of coffee a day kind of person and I even gave that up :( I miss it SO much! Going to start drinking it again when I get to the 2nd tri.

tHart that is going to be my first try :p or maybe a half decaf half regular in the am and again in the pm was a fancy idea I came up with on the way home tonight haha

I have been told that you should be careful with decaf coffee. (Decaf was my plan, too.) I think that you need to look for Swiss Water Process decaf because the chemicals they use to make mainstream coffee decaf could be dangerous to pregnancy.

I feel your pain. I'm a multiple cups a day coffee drinker too. Instead of drinking one cup of coffee in the am, I've been doing a drink with a lower caffeine dosage so that if I need a pick me up in the afternoon I can have another caffeinated drink. So I'll have a cup of the Awake English breakfast tea ( Tazo brand) or a Latte in the Am ( around 60-75 mg caffeine) and then I can have another cup of tea or an iced tea in the afternoon and still be well under the 200 mg.

really? Never heard of that before!

That's what the ladies in the natural parenting forum told me. It makes sense to me. I just giving up coffee altogether until I get to the second tri. Bit that's easier for me because I only ever drank one cup a day.

I can't find anything about that. Just that decaf still has some caffeine and to be careful between decaff and regular and the total over amount.

Sounds good. I drank decaf tea my whole pregnancy with my son. Everything was perfect. :)

I drank decaf with my oldest only. Youngest I did a bit of both - but I wasn't as much of a coffee fiend yet. It's been building for a while haha.

Haha! I wonder if my coffee habit will get bigger when I gave two kiddos. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->