All aboard the SMEP train!

I'm hopping on this train for December! Started yesterday. Hoping to keep my man at ease for today then start OPK tomorrow and BD again :thumbup:

hello!!:wave: i added you for december - good luck!!:thumbup:

AFM, I am 9dpo today, and while I haven't yet tested, I am starting to go crazy. I realized as much when I attributed my crying over a TED Talk (in my very light defense, it was about the impact of music education for children, something I feel strongly about :blush:) to some crazy bizarre symptom spotting! :haha: :dohh: Just glad DH wasn't home to witness that one, boy he would have made fun of me!!! Someone tell me NOT to test, please!!! :flower: :rofl:

don't test yet!!! don't give in!!:winkwink: wait until 12!!:thumbup:

Yeah about that whole keeping the man on track thing... so I was certain he'd be too tired yesterday to even think about :sex: but boy was I SO wrong :dohh: He was super ready to get it on and I had to keep slyly dodging his advances since he wasn't aware of my SMEP plans. I couldn't stand my ground and gave in. He was concerned about me being so hesitant so I ended up sharing my little "secret" with him because I felt so terrible and apologized for making him feel unwanted. He was totally fine with it and apologized for screwing it up though I assured him he did not. He even said we can go along with it this month, but I'm not sure what to do now since we BD on CD8 and 9... instead of skipping CD9. I'm supposed to start my OPK today and BD but maybe should skip BD today and do it tomorrow? I normally O on CD13-16 so still have some time. I tried explaining to him that his :spermy: need a day off to rejuvenate :bodyb: and perhaps we have been having too much :sex: :blush:

mamabunny, just to chime in on timing: if you BDed CD8 and 9, i would just stick to odd days from here on out. so 11 and 13 and 15 and depending on when you get a positive OPK, maybe a couple "even" days in there too.:thumbup: sticking to even days is less important than just having sex every other day.:thumbup: fingers crossed for you!!:flower:

mamabunny, just to chime in on timing: if you BDed CD8 and 9, i would just stick to odd days from here on out. so 11 and 13 and 15 and depending on when you get a positive OPK, maybe a couple "even" days in there too.:thumbup: sticking to even days is less important than just having sex every other day.:thumbup: fingers crossed for you!!:flower:

That's what I was thinking :thumbup: OPK starting today forward til I get a +, BD EOD starting tomorrow until my + OPK then some major :sex: 3 days in a row, skip a day then hit the sheets one final time :winkwink:

Yes, I agree on now plan for EOD. I find I have to tell DH the plans, too. If I try being all secretive he catches on and then starts playing 20 questions practically! :haha:

10dpo today and suspect I probably would have tested this AM, but was saved by my bestie calling when I was still in bed. It was mid-morning but the last few days had been crazy hectic so I was exhausted. Also different time zones lol. Jump, seeing your wait til 12 is probably just what I needed to read tonight as I'm really losing willpower! 12...I can do 12!!! That's only 2 days away! :coffee:

You can do it MrsG! (Hold of, that is lol) I'm CD11 today, have yet to get a + OPK. My partner is frustrated that he has a schedule for :sex: and can't do it on certain days... he'd do it every day otherwise :blush: I don't like to tell him no so not sure how the rest of SMEP is gonna turn out... Hoping for a + OPK this afternoon so he can BD himself ragged the next 3 days and hush!

I tried attaching a photo of yesterday (left) and today's (right) OPK results, both negative/no smiley but today's is darker so I'd like to think my lh surge is near. Guess I'm not going to have a CD13 O this cycle, thus making my cycle longer than 25 days this time. Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day... and my man's :winkwink:

Attachments

• 20141207_123843-1.jpg
    20141207_123843-1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2
MamaBunny, you're getting close! Hope you have a positive tomorrow!! Fingers crossed for you!

Umm...I feel like I might be dreaming, typing this...but i think we did it!!! I checked the packaging after to make sure I didn't grab an ovulation test! :haha: DH came in right at that moment and I held it up. He had no idea what he was looking at. Had to explain there would be only one line if it were negative! Then one of our dogs came in and splattered the pee cup everywhere with his tail! :rofl: :dohh: Now the worrying begins... :blush:

Hey girls! I posted a few days back on here! Today is cd 12! A SMEP day! Got it in twice today! That makes me hopeful! I'm not doing opk's, they stress me out too much! But in the past when I did opk's I got + on cd 14/15. I'm going out of town for a week soon, just after we finish SMEP! We'll miss the 3rd consecutive bd day. But I think we're doing good! It's sooo hard to not think/obsess over it! That's my biggest problem, and I'm already starting.... I obsess and then think, 'no don't get excited, it's never going to happen'
I needed to vent!!! I'm getting stressed!

MrsG Fx for you!!!!! Will you be testing again in the morning?!?!

MrsG, perhaps early, but congrats none the less!!!:yipee:
how exciting!! keep us posted when you test again!

MH, even if you don't use OPKs, if you have sex every other day until you ovulate, your chances are still pretty good!:thumbup: do you temp too? (sorry, i can't remember if you said either way...:dohh:)

MrsG that's funny about the pee cup :haha: and I remember seeing your exciting news on another post I believe (I'm looking through so many it's hard to keep track!) so want to send a big congrats your way! That's such great news!!! :happydance: I pretty much fell off the SMEP train, as my partner is unable to stick with a schedule and I'm not gonna struggle with it any longer :nope: Still using my OPKs and thinking I'll get a smiley today... and with my luck I bet we won't BD today :dohh: Maybe I'll keep my OPK results to myself and if he thinks we're supposed to skip today then he'll want to BD :haha:

Hey girls! I posted a few days back on here! Today is cd 12! A SMEP day! Got it in twice today! That makes me hopeful! I'm not doing opk's, they stress me out too much! But in the past when I did opk's I got + on cd 14/15. I'm going out of town for a week soon, just after we finish SMEP! We'll miss the 3rd consecutive bd day. But I think we're doing good! It's sooo hard to not think/obsess over it! That's my biggest problem, and I'm already starting.... I obsess and then think, 'no don't get excited, it's never going to happen'
I needed to vent!!! I'm getting stressed!

MrsG Fx for you!!!!! Will you be testing again in the morning?!?!

MH we're on the same cycle day! When do you usually O? FOr me it's anywhere between CD13-16, with a 12 day LP. I couldn't stick with SMEP, my man made it impossible! The only day we've skipped was CD10 and that was supposed to be a BD day :dohh: So I guess we are just BD everyday and when I get a + OPK we will be sure to BD that day and two days after :thumbup: He better cooperate with that!

I'm not temping or anything, just SMEP and preseed. I usually O cd 14-16. Which tomorrow is cd14 so we'll do cd14&15 and then I'm out of town... Fx it's enough! Exciting to have someone be on the same CD! I'm not having any O pain, but I have 1 test from previous cycles, I'm gonna test tomorrow, just to make sure I get some sort of line!

Thank you, ladies! I'm still in quite a bit of disbelief and worry as well that AF is still going to show, even if late. Then I'm also daydreaming of the good to come, so trying to focus on the hopes rather than the fears. Easier said than done! Did test again this AM, line still there.

MH & MamaBunny, lots of luck to you both! We didn't have a perfect SMEP, either, ended up with 5 days in a row this month lol :haha: Hope you both catch your little eggs! :dust:

MrsG, would this be considered a BFP for november, or december? i just went to update the front page and realized i've been slacking on updating!:dohh:

congrats again!!:flower:

Well the SMEPing happened in Nov...so I think then? :shrug: But don't worry about the updating, jump. You'll get there when you're ready. Thinking of you, dear. :hugs:

Well the SMEPing happened in Nov...so I think then? :shrug:
:haha::winkwink:

and yeah, i know i don't need to worry about updating and all that, but trying to catch up with everyone else gives my mind something else to think about. i feel like i haven't been able to see outside of my own situation for over a week now, and i just need to escape my own head, you know? just when i think i've managed to stop crying, it starts all over again. i have always been a crier, but this is a new personal "best.":roll:

i have so many thoughts, and probably need to find a place to put them all...it all feels like they are scattered all over the place on these boards.#-o

Well the SMEPing happened in Nov...so I think then? :shrug:
:haha::winkwink:

and yeah, i know i don't need to worry about updating and all that, but trying to catch up with everyone else gives my mind something else to think about. i feel like i haven't been able to see outside of my own situation for over a week now, and i just need to escape my own head, you know? just when i think i've managed to stop crying, it starts all over again. i have always been a crier, but this is a new personal "best.":roll:

i have so many thoughts, and probably need to find a place to put them all...it all feels like they are scattered all over the place on these boards.#-o

Lots and lots of :hugs: jump. I hope in time you find some calm and healing. Fellow crier here, I say allow the crying. You have every right! :hugs:

I'm not temping or anything, just SMEP and preseed. I usually O cd 14-16. Which tomorrow is cd14 so we'll do cd14&15 and then I'm out of town... Fx it's enough! Exciting to have someone be on the same CD! I'm not having any O pain, but I have 1 test from previous cycles, I'm gonna test tomorrow, just to make sure I get some sort of line!

I waaaasssss trying SMEP but since he didn't cooperate we only managed to skip CD10 :dohh: but I have been using Preseed every other time so hoping that helps! I haven't been temping, but since my + OPK yesterday I decided to temp for a few days starting this morning just to see if it will help confirm my O day though if it's today then my temps won't help too much for accuracy. I'm going to hold out on any testing until I know :af: is for sure late. If today's the day, that puts :af: arriving on the 22nd. Just in time for Christmas... yay... :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->