All aboard the SMEP train!

I waaaasssss trying SMEP but since he didn't cooperate we only managed to skip CD10 :dohh: but I have been using Preseed every other time so hoping that helps! I haven't been temping, but since my + OPK yesterday I decided to temp for a few days starting this morning just to see if it will help confirm my O day though if it's today then my temps won't help too much for accuracy. I'm going to hold out on any testing until I know :af: is for sure late. If today's the day, that's put :af: arriving on the 22nd. Just in time for Christmas... yay... :growlmad:

Well I forgot I was gonna do an OPK this morning! I'm gonna try not to use the restroom again until I go home for my lunch break and test then! I really hope it's a + today! Cuz I'm not gonna be home the end of the week to get it in! Today and tomorrow are my last days to bd! Fx!
My AF is suppose to show the 23! So we are very close to each other! My cycles must be shorter than yours... Or longer I guess it would be!

I waaaasssss trying SMEP but since he didn't cooperate we only managed to skip CD10 :dohh: but I have been using Preseed every other time so hoping that helps! I haven't been temping, but since my + OPK yesterday I decided to temp for a few days starting this morning just to see if it will help confirm my O day though if it's today then my temps won't help too much for accuracy. I'm going to hold out on any testing until I know :af: is for sure late. If today's the day, that's put :af: arriving on the 22nd. Just in time for Christmas... yay... :growlmad:

Well I forgot I was gonna do an OPK this morning! I'm gonna try not to use the restroom again until I go home for my lunch break and test then! I really hope it's a + today! Cuz I'm not gonna be home the end of the week to get it in! Today and tomorrow are my last days to bd! Fx!
My AF is suppose to show the 23! So we are very close to each other! My cycles must be shorter than yours... Or longer I guess it would be!

FX you get a + OPK today! Also, probably a good thing you didn't test this morning, as most of them say not to and do it in the afternoon. I did mine on my lunch break yesterday after holding for hours and not drinking anything. That's crazy our cycles are super close! Not sure what cycle day you are on MH, if I read it somewhere else I forgot because I've been thread hopping alot lately! I'm CD 14 today :thumbup:

I just found the thread we commented on and yup we are on the exact same day! :thumbup:

Yup! CD 14 for me today!!! Yay! Cycle buddies!!! :happydance:
I'll let you know when I take my OPK!

Yup! CD 14 for me today!!! Yay! Cycle buddies!!! :happydance:
I'll let you know when I take my OPK!

Yes please do! Are you using sticks or digis? Yay someone on pretty much the exact same schedule as me, we can endure the 2WW before Christmas together! :happydance:

Just took an OPK... Negative :nope: there was a tiny bit of a line so I'm hoping tomorrow is a positive! However that was my only test!!!! Now in tempted to go buy more! But I only need 1 for tomorrow! I'll be out of town after that, with out hubs, so we have to get it today or tomorrow!!! AAAHHH!!! :wacko:

Crap! Be sure to BD today and tomorrow! I just knew O was approaching for me based on my previous cycles, plus I get a crampy kind of feeling down there though it hasn't been nearly as noticeable now that I think about it... I've also noticed I've had bouts of nausea throughout my cycle so far. My menses actually lasted a bit longer this cycle as well. I'm going to be sure to use my Preseed the next few days and hoping all of this will add up to a :bfp:

I usually have O pain, and I haven't had any so far! I have had more EWCM today, so that's a plus! Yes! I already told hubby today and tomorrow are a must! I'm really hoping we get it! And I'll be sure to use preseed! Sometimes I've used more than they say, hoping that's a good thing! But maybe it's not?! Maybe it's too much and not allowing the spermies to get their way in! Ha! I just over think everything!

oh, i hear myself in you guys, major overthinker here:blush::haha:

i hope this month is good to you!:flower:

I'm sitting here so upset. The past week I wanted to try SMEP but couldn't keep him off of me to skip any days but one... now that he knows I got a + OPK we haven't BD and he's upstairs asleep :growlmad: I'm about to just give up. I feel stupid getting so upset over this but I feel like I'm the only one putting in so much effort, and not just with TTC. I just knew this would happen. Today was a super important day to BD. Maybe we're just not meant to have a child... :cry:

oh mamabunny, i'm sorry it's rough.

my husband told me that knowing it "mattered" sometimes put too much pressure on him. i don't know how much you tell your husband, but i'd say either have a conversation (not now, but when things are less tense?) OR maybe don't tell him when you get a positive OPK...?:shrug: men are so difficult some times! my husband wouldn't take no for an answer one month and then wore himself out before the most important 2 days, i was so angry at him. a week after that, i told him very matter-of-factly that if we didn't get pregnant this month (we didn't, that month) that the next month i WOULD decline on "off" days. that it wasn't personal, but wasn't letting him get frisky too early. not sure if that works for you and your husband or not - i hope he comes around (midnight romp??:blush:) or you can find something that works.:hugs:

It's so hard for him to not know things because we are so in sync with one another, like he just knows without me saying. I wasn't going to tell him about SMEP, but he was pushing to BD every gosh darn day and the first time I tried avoiding it he got concerned. Well then I got my + OPK and didn't say a word but after we BD yesterday he asked and I couldn't lie! I mean I could have but don't want to and give him the impression that I'm a liar, ya know? So then today he talked it up about how I got a + and we can BD whenever now... then wasn't close to pursuing me and went to sleep early :growlmad: Almost as if he purposely did that. Idk if he's worried his :spermy: isn't up to par or afraid of conceiving... but I feel terrible. I wish I could NOT want a child with him. It would make things easier on us both. I hope you are doing OK Jump, I have been thinking of you and can't imagine how you are feeling :hugs: I feel very silly for being upset.

I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time, MamaBunny. I spent a few different months in what I believe is very similar to what you're going through now. I had a few O days that were spent crying instead of BDing while DH was already snoring in bed. I also had an impossible time not telling DH what was up & when, howevever I do agree with jumpingo, try to have the conversation when you've had a chance to recover from the hurt. Fingers crossed for you and hope things get better. :hugs:

don't feel silly being upset! it's totally understandable to feel that way:hugs: everything about ttc is a roller coaster.:wacko:

thanks for the thoughts. i'm hanging in there. mostly go between either turning off everything and going through the motions of the day or just being a unsightly leaky faucet:dohh: just taking one day at a time.:flow:

Ahhh Jump, I am so very very sorry your going through this. Thinking of you and sending you huge :hugs:

I hope your holding up as well as you can be. Always here if you need me, it may only be letters on a screen but your my 1st bnb buddy and I have a lot of love for you!!!xxx

I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time, MamaBunny. I spent a few different months in what I believe is very similar to what you're going through now. I had a few O days that were spent crying instead of BDing while DH was already snoring in bed. I also had an impossible time not telling DH what was up & when, howevever I do agree with jumpingo, try to have the conversation when you've had a chance to recover from the hurt. Fingers crossed for you and hope things get better. :hugs:

Yes that sounds about like what I'm experiencing. I couldn't help but sob last night and we got into a fight :cry: And the fact that I was experiencing ovulation pains was making it so much worse. Like my ovaries rubbing it in my face :growlmad: I keep saying "I'm done trying" or "I won't stress over it" or "It'll happen when it's supposed to" but it's something I feel so strongly about and am willing to try different things and commit to the process in order to hopefully increase the chances. I was lying there thinking about what he must me feeling or what's going on in his head. Like, perhaps he's fearful that regardless of what we try or how we go about it that it won't work, that he is to blame, that he is scared. I do have two children already (each have a different birth fathers), conceived effortlessly... and he doesn't have any, but more so by choice. His last partner had PCOS and although I'm not too familiar with that, I think it makes conceiving very difficult? I sort of have the probability of age working against me and it's been ten years since I last conceived so things may have changed. But for me the only differing factor - besides the time span - is him. I'm hoping it's not the case and that whatever is delaying a :bfp: is something that can be easily treated. I'm so down in the dumps today. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm sitting here so upset. The past week I wanted to try SMEP but couldn't keep him off of me to skip any days but one... now that he knows I got a + OPK we haven't BD and he's upstairs asleep :growlmad: I'm about to just give up. I feel stupid getting so upset over this but I feel like I'm the only one putting in so much effort, and not just with TTC. I just knew this would happen. Today was a super important day to BD. Maybe we're just not meant to have a child... :cry:

Mamabunny, I'm so sorry! I've had those feelings about all this with my hubs too! There are so many times he just doesn't seem to care! I tell him ahead of time what days we need to bd, only cuz I want him to prepare mentally and try not to stress so much at work. But there are times h just doesn't care, and I get so mad! I feel like I shouldn't be mad about that, but what the heck?! Do you want this or not? I thought this was something we BOTH wanted! So one day I asked him about it, and he said he thinks I'm trying to hard and I just need to relax and let it happen, and not be on a schedule, well I get that, but if we don't bd on the days we should then we aren't even trying!! This month, he seems a bit more into it. And I think maybe I've relaxed some more about it. We tried about 2 years ago, and he was soooo excited, he was always talking about it! Well I had some medical issues come up just a few months into us trying, so we had to wait, and this time around I don't feel he's as excited about it! And I've told him that! It just makes you feel like "what is wrong?? Why don't you want a baby with me?!" It's not a good feeling! I'm sorry hun!

I definetly think you should talk to him, maybe today? I do think guys thinks it's so much pressure on them, while for me, I feel like I have all the pressure!

So we BD'd last night, and after I noticed I had some twinges, and I feel a bit of cramping today... I hope I O now and these spermies find their way!

Yes that sounds about like what I'm experiencing. I couldn't help but sob last night and we got into a fight :cry: And the fact that I was experiencing ovulation pains was making it so much worse. Like my ovaries rubbing it in my face :growlmad: I keep saying "I'm done trying" or "I won't stress over it" or "It'll happen when it's supposed to" but it's something I feel so strongly about and am willing to try different things and commit to the process in order to hopefully increase the chances. I was lying there thinking about what he must me feeling or what's going on in his head. Like, perhaps he's fearful that regardless of what we try or how we go about it that it won't work, that he is to blame, that he is scared. I do have two children already (each have a different birth fathers), conceived effortlessly... and he doesn't have any, but more so by choice. His last partner had PCOS and although I'm not too familiar with that, I think it makes conceiving very difficult? I sort of have the probability of age working against me and it's been ten years since I last conceived so things may have changed. But for me the only differing factor - besides the time span - is him. I'm hoping it's not the case and that whatever is delaying a :bfp: is something that can be easily treated. I'm so down in the dumps today. :cry::cry::cry:

It's so crazy to me how we are the exact same! I have those exact thoughts! "I need to stop stressing", "it will happen when it's meant to happen"..... It's so hard!!! How do you NOT stress about it? Or think about it??? Everyone around me is preg! One of my best friends is preg, and she shares all the good and bad she's experiencing, and I really am happy for her, but it's hard to hear it!
Me and hubs are ttc our 1st! And I'm so scared it will never happen! I'm willing to do whatever it takes! But I don't want to do IVF, due to the cost! But this is our 5th month so I feel after the first of the year, I may see a dr. And going back to husbands not being in the same page, I don't think he'd on board with IVF or any further treatments, he's just not one to admit wrong, I think it'd be very hard for him!

Sorry for these long posts! I just replied to your other one before reading onto the rest! But I'm here for you! It really sounds like we have so much in common with this process, minus this is my first ever.
But either way, I'm here! That's what I love about this site you can just let it all out! But you are actually the first person I've met who's on the same cd!!! :hugs:

Thanks MH it makes me feel better to vent to women who understand... men just don't :nope: I know it's alot of pressure for the guys but hellooooo I'm trying to carry our child for the next 9 months! We have to figure out the timing, listen to our bodies, are willing do all of these extra gimmicks and tricks to help increase the chances. Then we have to WAIT... Then do it all over again. If I was a guy and all my partner expected of me was to "get 'er done" in the sack, multiple times a month, days in a row... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: But I know he feels pressure along with anxiety and fear that HE may be the setback. And omigosh my man says the SAME things to me! I need to relax, and not think about it so much and it'll happen when it does... blahblahblah :wacko: And I can't help but think about it and try because it's something I really want! If we aren't putting forth and effort and really trying then what are we doing? We sure have ALOT in common, it's crazy! I actually saw my OB/GYN in October-ish I believe (I was on cycle 5) and after a normal exam and discussion about what we've been doing to conceive, he said to RELAX (Easier said than done! Ugh, men) and contact him at the beginning of the year after a couple more cycles for further examination. He mentioned performing an HSG to see it my tubes are blocked. I wouldn't be opposed to any medical procedures necessary in getting pregnant if need be but the cost would definitely be an issue for us :nope:

I truly think that will be the hardest part, is cost. But let's just hope neither of us have to go through any of that!

I truly think that will be the hardest part, is cost. But let's just hope neither of us have to go through any of that!

Right, FX for us! So I'm kind of feeling a wee bit better. I was reviewing past cycles on FF and I noticed I would have O pains for the 2 consecutive days prior to O day. So either today is O day like I originally thought OR because I'm still having some pains it's actually tomorrow! I just might use an OPK after work and if it's + maybe my man will be down for some make up :sex:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->