All aboard the SMEP train!

Hello!

Last day of marathon in a row ha ha I'm cd 16 1dpo. Now need to skip one day and dtd.

This is the first month I have had a positive ovulation test so very excited.

I m hoping we all get BFP soon!

ooooh, exciting![-o<

only CD6 and antsy over here...though i know by the time i am on day 3, i will be eating those words!:haha:

Witch got me this just now so that's me out����������On to next month, gonna go but some conceive plus from shops today, give that sperm the best. My OH has finally stopped smoking so proud of him it's been a month now so hoping his sperm r better quality for next month.

oh boo:growlmad:

and welcome to february with the rest of us!:dohh::friends:

we stopped using condoms after our wedding in june 2014. so that was technically cycle 1 but it was more like not trying not preventing. i started temping in july (#2), added OPKs to the mix in september (#4) and then got pregnant in october (#5) after following SMEP to the tee.

am not sure how to count now with the gap...i was pregnant in november, miscarried early december, we prevented december and january and are now trying again in february. so, february is cycle #6, but that seems to disregard all the "stuff" between november and january...most notably, a baby!:sad1:

ttc for 9 months, on cycle #6 ←?:shrug:

You sound very similar to myself jumpingo! Its awesome that you conceived so quickly as did we, but such a shame they ended in MC :cry:
However, You SMEP story gives me hope and inspiration and I hope it does to you too :thumbup:Me and DH started with SMEP last night, we are going to follow the plan this month and use OPKS. We didn't make any effort last month as I felt so down, so this month we are really going to go for it. Then at least if its BFN then we know we have tried :wink wink: You must be due to start SMEP tomorrow!? How are you feeling about it all? Im feeling excited to be be trying properly again :happydance:

You sound very similar to myself jumpingo! Its awesome that you conceived so quickly as did we, but such a shame they ended in MC :cry:
However, You SMEP story gives me hope and inspiration and I hope it does to you too :thumbup:Me and DH started with SMEP last night, we are going to follow the plan this month and use OPKS. We didn't make any effort last month as I felt so down, so this month we are really going to go for it. Then at least if its BFN then we know we have tried :winkwink: You must be due to start SMEP tomorrow!? How are you feeling about it all? Im feeling excited to be be trying properly again :happydance:

in the end, yes, there is some comfort in knowing i can get pregnant...those 5 cycles felt like forever, but have been around here enough to know that that's pretty fast. so i guess the BDing is supposed to start today (CD8) huh? in that case, i should say we technically already started on CD6.:blush::haha: but today i am sore from the lifting at the gym yesterday and have a kickboxing class tonight, so we will see what happens.

i am excited but also terrified. on my good days, i am excited to try again, hopeful that it'll be a smooth 9 months, want to be pregnant again so badly, but on my anxiety/bad days i am terrified of the possibility of going through miscarrying all over again and just worried about how nervous i will be THE ENTIRE TIME now.:nope: i've heard all the "most women who miscarry go on to have healthy pregnancies" etc. etc. but some days it just does nothing to calm my nerves.:dohh: can't imagine how much more magnified all those feelings will be when i actually AM pregnant!:wacko:

Hello ladies! I'm new to the thread, on my 7th cycle TTC and going to give the SMEP a go this month! Should be O'ing shortly after V-day. Perfect timing, I say!

writingislove, welcome aboard!:howdy:

sounds like this board is gonna be pretty quiet around valentine's and chatty come the end of february!:blush::rofl:

I ovulate on different days, it's been day 16, 19, 19, 15. Is that normal? My LP is always between 11 days and 13 days.

Lots of things can affect your O date...mine has been anywhere between the 18th and the 22nd CD, I believe. I think your LP length is what's supposed to be most stable, so 11-13 sounds pretty close to me. :)

it's not unusual to ovulate on different cycle days. some people are super regular, some people are not.:thumbup: but like writingislove said, your LP should stay about the same length each cycle. even if you don't use Fertility Friend to chart/temp, there is a ton of great information on the website about cycles and all that sciencey stuff.:haha:

i am excited but also terrified. on my good days, i am excited to try again, hopeful that it'll be a smooth 9 months, want to be pregnant again so badly, but on my anxiety/bad days i am terrified of the possibility of going through miscarrying all over again and just worried about how nervous i will be THE ENTIRE TIME now.:nope: i've heard all the "most women who miscarry go on to have healthy pregnancies" etc. etc. but some days it just does nothing to calm my nerves.:dohh: can't imagine how much more magnified all those feelings will be when i actually AM pregnant!:wacko:

^^ this! That's exactly how I feel.

We didn't follow SMEP exactly, but were trying to BD every other day and then extra around O time. If it doesn't happen this month, then I might be needing some detailed directions on how SMEP works! Currently on CD16, 2-3 DPO, so won't be testing for at least a week.

Fxed for everyone!

i'm only CD9...and i THINK i got EWCM this morning...!?:shock:

we are BDing on even days, CD6 and CD8 so far:winkwink:

and i usually ovulated around CD15 pre-miscarriage but then i ovulated on CD13 the cycle immediately after my mc, then CD14 last cycle, so maybe my cycles are going to stay a day or 2 shorter...?:shrug: might just have to go POAS:haha:

Hi Girls,

Am very confused! I have 22 day cycles after stopping BCP in July 2014 and normally ovulate CD10-12, I am now CD11 and no sign of ovulation, no temperature shift at all. I am beginning to lose hope for this cycle :( I am either not going to ovulate this month or my cycle is out of whack thanks to my recent laparoscopy surgery 4 weeks ago. I am using clearblue digital hormone test and on day 4 of flashing smile high fertility. xx

[/QUOTE]in the end, yes, there is some comfort in knowing i can get pregnant...those 5 cycles felt like forever, but have been around here enough to know that that's pretty fast. so i guess the BDing is supposed to start today (CD8) huh? in that case, i should say we technically already started on CD6.:blush::haha: but today i am sore from the lifting at the gym yesterday and have a kickboxing class tonight, so we will see what happens.

i am excited but also terrified. on my good days, i am excited to try again, hopeful that it'll be a smooth 9 months, want to be pregnant again so badly, but on my anxiety/bad days i am terrified of the possibility of going through miscarrying all over again and just worried about how nervous i will be THE ENTIRE TIME now.:nope: i've heard all the "most women who miscarry go on to have healthy pregnancies" etc. etc. but some days it just does nothing to calm my nerves.:dohh: can't imagine how much more magnified all those feelings will be when i actually AM pregnant!:wacko:[/QUOTE]

Yes there is definitely comfort in that and knowing that you do ovulate too. 5 cycles is very quick indeed but it does feel like forever :growlmad: Nothing wrong with some early BDing :haha: Always good as it keeps the :spermy: nice and healthy. Sometimes in is hard to BD especially if you are tired. Like you I also work out so can become very sore the day after (tomorrow that will be me).

I have exactly the same feelings as you in that respect. You do want it so much but know you are going to be on edge the whole time expecting something to go wrong :cry: For now i think its best to focus on the task in hand and enjoy the BDing :happy dance: I am now on CD11 so had my 2nd BDing session yesterday. I am not expecting to OV until at least CD 16 but thought be good to keep the :spermy: in top condition :p

Hi Girls,

Am very confused! I have 22 day cycles after stopping BCP in July 2014 and normally ovulate CD10-12, I am now CD11 and no sign of ovulation, no temperature shift at all. I am beginning to lose hope for this cycle :( I am either not going to ovulate this month or my cycle is out of whack thanks to my recent laparoscopy surgery 4 weeks ago. I am using clearblue digital hormone test and on day 4 of flashing smile high fertility. xx

Hi ellielousie

Please don't loose hope :flower:You might just be having a longer surge this month thats all, so you body is taking a little longer to gear up for ovulation. I have heard that you are very fertile after a lap :) My friend had one in the summer and was pregnant within 3 months :happydance:
Please don't lose hope

Thank you for your advice, I'm sorry for your loss & hope you get your rainbow baby soon xx

yeah, ellie, i was going to say the same thing. i don't use clearblue, so never understand what people are talking about when they say flashing or blinky or smiley face.:dohh: but it's totally normal to ovulate later or earlier. your LP usually stays the same, but the first half of your cycle can vary, so hang in there!

i'm on CD 10 and my husband knows it's an "on" day because when he left for work this morning he was singing "sexy time toniiiiight♫" :rofl: it was hysterical!

i got a TINY amount of ewcm yesterday, but i've gotten it several days before ovulating in previous cycles, and it's never consistent in the days leading up to O to really consider it a major sign. started OPKs yesterday though, just in case it meant something. it was negative. so the every other day plan is still on. like you said Trying, keeping those :spermy: nice and healthy and revved up to go!:haha:

Talk me out of doing a pregnancy test please! It's only CD27....I told myself I'd wait until Saturday....but I'm having a really bad day....don't know why I think this would help.

Winni - How many days are you PO? Definitely wait until at least 10 DPO! I'm in the TWW myself and it's so hard to stay distracted and busy. Is there an activity or movie you could watch to take your mind off of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->