All aboard the SMEP train!

I'm not sure. I'm not temping and I don't get any other signs of ovulation (not even positive OPKs) even though my doc says I AM ovulating. My cycles are very regular 28 or 29 days every month.

Hi everyone! Can I join in?? I'm currently in the TWW, but I'm fairly certain we didn't catch anything this time around. We're early on in our TTC journey, but I think I'm not Oing at the "standard" number of days, so I'm going to invest in some OPKs and try SMEP next cycle. Thought I'd join in now though so I can learn how it's done!

Ellie- Well, I this is only cycle #3 off BCP. Cycle 1: 27 days, then 31 days (that's when we traveled to visit family. Pretty sure that affected things), I'm currently on CD 24. I set Feb. 1-7 as my expected fertile window. My cm has been pretty unhelpful this cycle in figuring out ovulation, but I had some cramping on the 4th and 5th so I thought it might have happened then. On the 8th though, I had a really achy uterus all day. I'm thinking that's the more likely date now. But I don't know. Hence the OPKs next month!

I'd like to try out SMEP because the system DH and I have been using is BD every day in that fertile period. And it seriously knocks me out for the next week! He thinks we need a more "consistent" approach.:winkwink:

Hi everyone! Can I join in?? I'm currently in the TWW, but I'm fairly certain we didn't catch anything this time around. We're early on in our TTC journey, but I think I'm not Oing at the "standard" number of days, so I'm going to invest in some OPKs and try SMEP next cycle. Thought I'd join in now though so I can learn how it's done!

Ellie- Well, I this is only cycle #3 off BCP. Cycle 1: 27 days, then 31 days (that's when we traveled to visit family. Pretty sure that affected things), I'm currently on CD 24. I set Feb. 1-7 as my expected fertile window. My cm has been pretty unhelpful this cycle in figuring out ovulation, but I had some cramping on the 4th and 5th so I thought it might have happened then. On the 8th though, I had a really achy uterus all day. I'm thinking that's the more likely date now. But I don't know. Hence the OPKs next month!

I'd like to try out SMEP because the system DH and I have been using is BD every day in that fertile period. And it seriously knocks me out for the next week! He thinks we need a more "consistent" approach.:winkwink:

KatieMK,
welcome!:wave: i added you to the february list, since if you don't get a BFP this cycle, you'll still be trying SMEP in february. keep us posted though, hopefully i can just stick a :bfp: next to your name before it gets that far!
as for timing, my husband and i could NOT do every day for a whole week.:dohh: i started temping first, so we had narrowed my fertile window down pretty well but OPKs definitely helped know when it was *really* go time!:haha: now my cycles are trying to re-normalize, so i spend a TON of time looking at my FF chart and wondering when i'm actually going to ovulate.

oh, and here is the website that explains SMEP: Sperm Meets Egg Plan.:thumbup:

winnipeg,
any news??:winkwink:

as for me, OPKs have been negative for 4 days but i have had cramps for 2 days and today is now CD13...so...:coffee::sex::coffee::sex::coffee::rofl: though i am a little worried that this time *i* got frisky too early.:blush: it will all be okay if i get a positive OPK today, otherwise my husband is going to have to go several days in a row.:haha:

Ugh. CD30. No period yet...very very slight cramping that could be in my head. But negative HPT.

I feel like we're out this month...But my period is usually bang on 28/29 days. Although this is our first month on Letrozole so I wonder if that could mess up my cycle length.

could you have ovulated later due to the letrozole? i tried googling, but couldn't find anything that was very helpful. but seems entirely possible that it's affecting your cycle...:shrug: i hope it's just a shy BFP!:hugs:

AF is on the way.... Had some spotting last night and this morning. :wacko:

not out until she shows in full force though!! i'm still holding out for you!:friends:

i've read way crazier stories before! until you get a normal flow, there's always a chance! (right? right?! i'm really trying to embrace this totally-foreign-to-me optimism!:haha:)

LOL thank you. :) This IS totally odd for me. Usually I will have spotting for a day...followed by cramping and then full on AF. This spotting for 3 days with no cramps and no flow is very strange.

different than normal is good! when was the last time you tested? and how many DPO are you now?? (i tried to go back and read but am so bad at keeping everyone straight - sorry everyone!:dohh:)

different than normal is good! when was the last time you tested? and how many DPO are you now?? (i tried to go back and read but am so bad at keeping everyone straight - sorry everyone!:dohh:)

I tested Thursday... I'm not sure about dpo as I wasn't doing opks this month. :wacko:

the pee on a stick addict in me is impressed you haven't tested again since! maybe monday morning?

the pee on a stick addict in me is impressed you haven't tested again since! maybe monday morning?

LOL That's one thing I haven't done yet is become a POAS addict. Which is weird because I'm obsessed with everything else.

I think I've talked myself out of hope this time...but maybe I'll test again tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->